Author Topic: Fun: Obama to Release Kid's Book in November  (Read 510 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Fun: Obama to Release Kid's Book in November
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:33:04 PM »
http://action.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147498252

Elijah Friedeman, the Millennial Perspective

Fun, fun stuff from Random House publishers today. Obama is set to release a children's book right after the mid-terms. The book will talk about thirteen "Groundbreaking Americans,"  which should be loads of fun all in itself. Which "Groundbreaking Americans" will make it into the book? And how will Obama treat these groundbreakers?

As part of the book deal then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., inked in 2004, Random House today announced the publication of a children’s book by the president, “Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters.”

The book will be released on November 16 – roughly two weeks after the midterm elections -- with a 500,000-copy first printing.

“Of Thee I Sing,” which President Obama finished writing in 2008, describes thirteen “groundbreaking Americans and the ideals that have shaped our nation—from the artistry of Georgia O’Keeffe, to the courage of Jackie Robinson, to the patriotism of George Washington,” the publisher said in a statement. It is illustrated by Loren Long.

Random House isn't releasing the whole list of Americans that Obama is profiling in his book, but here is my top-five list of people that Obama needs to honor in his book as "Groundbreaking Americans."

* Saul Alinsky - The groundbreaker of community organizing. Obama owes it all to him.
    * Barack Obama - It's not narcissistic to write about yourself, especially when you're such a "groundbreaking" president. Think Obamacare, stimulus, first black president.
    * Bill Ayers - Less of a groundbreaker, and more of a bomb exploder. But hey, who's paying attention.
    * Rahm Emmanuel - He shifted our understanding of how to deal with a crisis: don't let it go to waste. Surely he will earn some recognition in a book by his boss.
    * The Media - It's not really fair to lump everyone in the media together, but Obama doesn't have the space to thank each person separately in this book, so this can just be one big thank you to everyone who got him elected. No, they're not groundbreakers, more like narrative-readers, but they help "groundbreakers" like Obama.

One more interesting fact. The initial printing for Obama's book is 500,000 copies. Now sure, it's a kid's book, so there will be fewer copies printed, but Sarah Palin's Going Rogue had an initial printing of 1.5 million copies. Does Palin really have that much more of a draw than the President of the United States?
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt