Author Topic: EXTRAORDINARY Support of Israel by the Obama Admin. says a grateful Michael Oren  (Read 1032 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
I received the following in an email about an hour ago.      This is beyond alarming!     MANY people have already received this email,   as its being forwarded by those who want to spread this horrific message.       

Subject: EXTRAORDINARY Support of Israel by the Obama Administration, says a grateful Ambassador Michael Oren.....

Dear Friends,

“Under the radar” is not what we’re used to in the Jewish community.

We demand it big and bold and we need it loud and clear.  (and- that is A. O. K.! )

But- when work is done quietly and not with SCREAMING headlines, we sometimes miss it.

Silly us!  WAKE UP EVERYONE…. It’s a new (Jewish) year ! And our President and his team (and YES, our CONGRESS) have done, are doing and WILL continue to do extraordinary work in connection with America’s best friend: the State of Israel.

At the Israeli Ambassador’s residence on Monday, the annual Rosh Ha Shanah (Jewish New Year for our non-Jewish friends on this email) reception guest list included

national and international Jewish organization leaders; elegantly dressed Foreign Ambassadors and members of the diplomatic corps, a host of Rabbis from across the religious spectrum ; famous authors, renown professors and magnificently decorated military personnel from several countries including at least one  U.S. 3-star General (Dayton).  We were invited because my husband Mark is the National Deputy Finance Chairman of the Democratic party, I’m the owner of an Israel tour company and have been heavily involved in tourism to Israel for 15 years and probably- and most importantly- because our daughter was Ambassador Oren’s student at Yale.

Ambassador Oren and his wonderful wife Sally warmly received each guest -then stood before the assembled crowd in what was the best stump speech for President Obama that I have heard from any world leader (and yes, Ambassador Oren speaks FOR Prime Minister Netanyahu of Israel!). Without a note, Ambassador Oren outlined the brilliant accomplishments and strong support of Israel demonstrated by the Obama Administration in LESS THAN 2 YEARS!  Oren invoked our President’s name, time and time again: (please memorize these bullet points and tell everyone you know!)

President Obama has led the global effort to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.
President Obama’s leadership (and coaxing) has produced an international coalition that INCLUDES China and Russia who have implemented unprecedented sanctions against Iran, which, according to conversations at the Monday reception, appear to have caught Iran off-guard
President Obama and his team are spending more time on this issue than almost any other issue facing our country today
President Obama and our Congress have provided Israel with every cent (and then some) of foreign assistance requested by Israel
President Obama has restored Israel’s QME (qualitative military edge) which had been neglected for the last 8 years
President Obama is the FIRST American leader to say – in an Arab country (Egypt)  that the Arab world must recognize Israel as a JEWISH state and in a support of Israel’s legitimacy to affirm the –quote- “unshakeable “ bond between the USA & Israel
President Obama & team played a critical role in leading a UNANIMOUS vote to include Israel in the OECD (Organization of Economic Cooperation & Development). The vote was  31-0 admitting Israel to this prestigious organization
President Obama has dispatched leaders of the Joint Chiefs to Israel not once, but four times already in his less-than-2-years in office ( before that the Joint chiefs had not been in Israel for YEARS ( not once during the ‘last’ administration)
The Obama administration has integrated US missile technology into Israel’s expanding missile shield. NO OTHER AMERICAN PRESIDENT HAS DONE THIS.
The Obama administration continues to fund development of ARROW-3,  Israel’s advanced long-rage, high-altitude system for countering Iranian ballistic missiles
President Obama asked Congress for $205 million dollars for Israel’s IRON DOME rocket defense system (which will reduce incoming rocket threats from Hizbullah in the north and Hamas in the south…) – this request is IN ADDITION TO the $3 BILLION budgetary request for Israel’s security assistance!
And my personal under-the-radar item; the Obama team’s clever input to re-wording the Gaza blockade language which not only garnered international support for Israel (and a promise not to condemn Israel if Gd forbid there is another flotilla incident) BUT effectively thwarted several pending flotillas in Mediterranean and Persian Gulf ports… that simply became the boats-to-nowhere!
And last, but surely not least, (and listed in this basic order by Ambass. Oren) the Israeli-Palestinian conflict negotiators are sitting as we speak at a table together – talking.  Who knows what the result will be….but talking is the only way to get anywhere. And it is a giant step in a positive direction.

This email is too long already and I hope you have gotten this far, but you must realize that the list of bullet points above is extraordinary.

Unprecedented. 

And all accomplished by the Obama team and the current congress- in less than two years in office.

Looking ahead to 5771, may you and your families be blessed with a beautiful year, filled with good health, good times and ….peace.

With warm regards from our house to yours,

Sincerely,

Nancy & Mark Gilbert
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
Back in June,   Aces High started a thread about how Michael Oren betrayed Jonathan Pollard.     This is also worth looking at in order to further illustrate what we are dealing with in Oren:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,47152.msg450262.html#msg450262
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Nancy and Mark now KNOW that Hussein Obama is the long awaited Moshiach of the Jewish People!

Just think!

All the millenia of waiting - and now fulfillment!

Something's seriously wrong with this woman.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Judenrat servant.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Wow, these people live in an alternate universe... I could not figure out a single good thing Obama has ever done... And these self-hating Jews come up with a complete list... Wow, twilight zone!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
Nancy and Mark now KNOW that Hussein Obama is the long awaited Moshiach of the Jewish People!

Just think!

All the millenia of waiting - and now fulfillment!

Something's seriously wrong with this woman.

Nancy and Mark Gilbert's letter is also on the Internet:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:E1cvdovbZXsJ:www.counterpunch.org/cockburn10012010.html+%22Nancy+%26+Mark+Gilbert%22&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

According to that site,     the Gilberts  " are big money raisers for the Democratic Party, also active in fundraising for Israel".    What a lethal combination,   considering their vision of Israel and in general.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
Judenrat servant.

Ron,   this info or related info on Michael Oren would be well worth sharing with those on the Hebrew Forum.        Also,    this could prove beneficial if made into a Hebrew video.     Right now,   anything that discredits Pipi's credibility would appear to be worth a shot.    Being that Barack Hussein Obama's popularity rating in Israel is very low,      maybe info along these lines would wake up some people that Pipi is causing considerable damage to Israel.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
Wow, these people live in an alternate universe... I could not figure out a single good thing Obama has ever done... And these self-hating Jews come up with a complete list... Wow, twilight zone!

Unfortunately,   the universe they live in is a universe that helped cause the Holocaust of the 1940's.       

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
I wonder if these two felt any shame writing these lies? The only Jews I've ever met who think Obama has been pro-Israel are the Peace Now types. Even a lot of liberal Jews think he's anti-Israel and pro-muslim.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Another Huge Deception by the Obama administration.   My prayer is that the Jewish people in America see through the way Obama has deceived this nation and the nation of Israel.   They will lie their way into total take over of America and push Israelites out of their land by dividing Jerusalem, and stopping settlements.   As God is my witness, this is Satan's plan through deceit.     Talk to as many as you can, we need to have the Jewish vote to get rid of Obama's supporters in Congress and the Senate who can pass damaging legislation on America.   America must be taken down before they go after Israel.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
What can I say, some people have no self-respect.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
I wonder if these two felt any shame writing these lies? The only Jews I've ever met who think Obama has been pro-Israel are the Peace Now types. Even a lot of liberal Jews think he's anti-Israel and pro-muslim.

Over 100 people received the forwarded email by the time I received it.     My guess is most of the people who received the forwarded email voted for Barack Hussein Obama.     With the potential of more than half of them voting for BHO in 2012.     Some people won't be convinced that BHO is anti-Israel until it's too late.     Some care much more about Liberalism than Israel.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
Another Huge Deception by the Obama administration.   My prayer is that the Jewish people in America see through the way Obama has deceived this nation and the nation of Israel.   They will lie their way into total take over of America and push Israelites out of their land by dividing Jerusalem, and stopping settlements.   As G-d is my witness, this is Satan's plan through deceit.     Talk to as many as you can, we need to have the Jewish vote to get rid of Obama's supporters in Congress and the Senate who can pass damaging legislation on America.   America must be taken down before they go after Israel.

Debbie,   we certainly have to try to get through to as many people in America,  including Jewish people.     As horrific as Barack Hussein Obama has already been in his occupation of the oval office,   if he remains in the oval office for a so called 2nd term,     the damage he will cause will be many times worse.   

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
What can I say, some people have no self-respect.

Here's yet another illustration of Michael Oren's lack of self-respect:

http://jta.org/news/article/2010/09/07/2740828/michael-oren-making-the-case-for-obama

Michael Oren, making the case for Obama
By Ron Kampeas · September 7, 2010

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Michael Oren outlines what may be his toughest assignment: Making the case to a skeptical public for a leader who's hard to pin down.

Pitching Bibi to the Americans?

No, that's an easy one.

The real problem for the Israeli ambassador to Washington is how to make Israelis understand President Obama.

"Obama often doesn’t get the credit he deserves in Israel," Oren said in a pre-Rosh Hashanah interview with the U.S. Jewish media. "I think it’s important at some point that he visits us."

The interview appeared to represent Oren’s most intensive effort yet to counteract speculation in some Jewish and Israeli corners that the Obama administration has been chilly, if not outright hostile, toward the Netanyahu government. It comes at the start of renewed Israeli-Palestinian talks and a new anti-Iran sanctions regime, two developments seen as bolstering Israel’s need to be seen as enjoying strong relations with the White House.

In the interview, Oren reviewed the strides of the past year and the challenges facing Israel and the Jewish world looking ahead.

Among the accomplishments, he counted the renewed peace talks with the Palestinians and overcoming the public disagreements between the United States and Israel over those talks. Along the same lines, he also listed his ability to settle public disagreements with J Street, a left-wing pro-Israel group that has faced heavy criticism from centrist and right-wing critics.

As for future challenges, Oren said the prospect of a nuclear Iran loomed large. Less threatening, but nonetheless clearly a concern for him, was handling criticism from pro-Israel hawks now that the Jewish state was plunging into peace talks that would involve compromise.

Oren, who was born and raised in New Jersey, brings to his understanding of the Obama administration the nuance of a historian versed in the trajectories of both nations. He said that a major part of his job is explaining the Obama administration to Israelis, through interviews with Israeli media.

"I try to put it in perspective, Israelis are tough," he said, using a Hebrew colloquialism that means "You can't put one over on them."

"I don’t try to polish things up. We’ve had disagreements over settlements, we’ve had disagreements over Jerusalem -- but you've got to see a big picture. The U.S.-Israel relationship is vast."

Oren went on to outline areas of cooperation -- defense, commerce, intelligence sharing -- that would characterize any American administration, Republican or Democrat, until a reporter asked the ambassador to get specific about Obama.

"I have a different take on the Cairo speech," Oren said, referring to Obama's June 2009 speech to the Muslim world.

The speech was lambasted in Israel and some U.S. Jewish circles for emphasizing Holocaust denial as an Arab failing but not making a broader case for ancient Jewish claims to Israel.

"A lot of people in Israel said the Cairo speech, they weren't thrilled with the Cairo speech. I said, wait a second, this is the first time a president of the United States has gone to the heart of the Arab world and introduced Israel’s legitimacy, and said to the Arab world you’ve got to recognize the legitimate Jewish state," Oren said. "It was an amazing thing; he didn’t get credit for it."

Oren also praised Obama for making good on his pledge to ramp up pressure on Iran through sanctions to make transparent its suspected nuclear program. The ambassador asserted that the multilateral sanctions are "biting" the Iranian regime.

"He’s had a very robust position on Iran," the ambassador said. "Again, I don’t think people understand fully just how determined he is to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons."

Tellingly, the success surprises Oren.

"We had the Iranian issue, which could have been the source of the greatest divisions between the Israeli and American governments, and over the course of this year you saw no daylight between our governments," he said.

Still, Oren implied that the harmony on this front might not last.

"They have not yet in any way stopped enriching uranium or pressing on with their nuclear program," he said of Iran. "So that’s going to be the true test, six or nine months down the road we’re going to have to reassess and see where the sanctions are going."

The Obama administration has said it wants a full year to test the Iranians. The Israeli and U.S. governments could conceivably fall out over whether a military strike is necessary to stop the nuclear program.

Oren played a role in speculation about U.S.-Israel differences when his conversations in conference calls with fellow diplomats were leaked to the media. His follow-up explanation at the time was the object of some derision: Oren insisted that he never said there was a "rift" in the relationship but a "shift."

He went some way in explaining the issue in his recent interview.

"The administration promised change, and it’s an administration of change," he said. "Obama is not a status quo president; he promised change domestically, he promised a change in foreign policy. One of my jobs was to figure out what this change was and report it back."

Change is scary, Oren suggested, and Obama needed to make his case directly to the Israeli public.

"The timing has to be right," Oren said. "I think that when he does come, when he reaches out, I think there will be a greater sense of support for him. It will be very important for the peace process -- we’re going to be asked to take some big risks."

Restarting direct talks helped put behind Israel and the Palestinians the issues that had vexed them -- settlements in the West Bank and building in eastern Jerusalem -- for the moment. Oren noted that the end of a 10-month Israeli partial moratorium on settlement building looms Sept. 26, and that while Israel understands the pressures leading Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, to demand its extension, Netanyahu is under pressure, too.

Netanyahu’s “credibility is an asset for the peace process," Oren said, anticipating a time -- within a year, according to Israel's timetable -- that Netanyahu will have to make the case to the Israeli public for territorial concessions. "You don’t want in any way to impair his credibility."

Notably, Oren described the negotiations as among three entities -- Israel, the Palestinian Authority and the United States. And he described the moratorium in terms of negotiations with the United States.

"We’re discussing this with the administration very intensely, we’re looking for ways to get around the hurdle," he said.

Oren also anticipated resistance from the American Jewish right.

"The moratorium was very unpopular with the American Jewish right," he said. "I anticipate further, if we move down this road toward an agreement with the Palestinians, that’s just going to begin."

Oren said his tensions with J Street were overblown and are in any case behind them. He said he communicates regularly with the organization’s director, Jeremy Ben-Ami.

"Does everything they do please me? They do not,” Oren said, referring to J Street's criticism of both Israel and Hamas in the 2009 Gaza war. He hastened to add that "We understand that the American Jewish community is politically pluralistic, but the tent of pro-Israel organizations is a very big tent, is very inclusive."

Including J Street in a "pro-Israel" tent is bound to be jarring to some ears, particularly among some centrist and right-wing pro-Israel groups that have endeavored to describe the organization as representing the interests of a detached U.S. Jewish minority, if not an anti-Israel agenda.

Oren clearly sees himself, however, as a bridge between Israel and the Jewish Diaspora. He noted his role in interim success having to do with women who want to worship equally at the Western Wall and in concerns about a Knesset bill that would have negated successes in getting Israel to recognize Reform and Conservative conversions.

In the former case, he noted that the Prime Minister's Office is now monitoring the situation and ensuring that women -- while still unable to hold services at the Wall -- have easy access to a nearby alternative site.

In the matter of conversions, Oren noted that the matter has been put on hold for six months while a commission examines how to reconcile overseas conversions with the demand among Israelis from the former Soviet Union who are demanding a streamlined Israeli process.

Oren finished the interview on a hopeful note.

"It’s going to be a year of challenges on many levels, but it’s a year of great opportunities and hope, of peace, security of Israelis and our Palestnian neighbors," he said. "And a year of continued support, understanding and love between Israel and Jewish communities.”

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Oren is vomit incarnate.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein