Author Topic: I had an affirmative action story  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
I had an affirmative action story
« on: October 04, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »
I'm sure many of you must be surprised that the big equal-opportunity liberal on this forum is posting an affirmative action story. But I had an experience yesterday that I just felt the need to share.

Yesterday, I go to purchase some food. The black cashier tells me that it's $9.90. So I hand her a $10. She asks me if I have 90 cents. I looked at her confused and said, "What, you don't have the dime?" And she said, "I just wanted to know if you had 90 cents. If not, that's fine." I said, "I have 90 cents, but that's a lot of change to make." So she gave me the dime. I left feeling completely befuddled at why she made such an odd request like this, and then thought to myself, "I think I just experienced an affirmative action story. I gotta share this on the JTF forum!"  ;D

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: I had an affirmative action story
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »
Yeah

That is a little odd.  I guess she is terrible in basic math.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »
Maybe she wanted to give you $1 even for change and not require you to carry change. I often prefer to carry paper bills instead of loose change....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:35:04 PM »
Loose change is good for giving tzadaka
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline DMAN

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 05:36:53 PM »
i have my own affirmative action story. i went to the store and bought 6$ worth of stuff, so i payed the mexican cashier one 5 and 4 quarters. and he tells me "its 6 dollars", and i say " there is 6 dollars? he then has to check on his calculator if 4 quarters = 1 dollar.

I have completely lost hope in our education system.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »
Loose change is good for giving tzadaka

Loose change will work for tzadaka, but the intention needs to be on the tzadaka rather than the annoyance of having to carry around change. A $20 bill is a much greater Mitzva than dimes, pennies and nickels. Regardless, the miztva does get done.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 10:06:06 PM »
Here's one for you.

I was working as a pipefitter back in the late 80's here in California. We were on a big job on Travis AFB building a hospital there. So they stick me (the Jew) with a negro from another local which is in the bay area. Then, the bosses decide to impose a quota system meaning that we had to put in so many feet of pipe every day. Of course the negro was there because of governmental quota's so he knew that he didn't have to work hard. So, I had to work the speed of two people to make our quota each day. Now, because I was in a hurry and it was in a dark area I had to walk fast but carefully, which was damn near impossible. One day I felt a thunk and I realized that it was my head hitting a steel beam. My hands were full of copper fittings and I couldn't feel for the beams like I usually did. So bam, I find myself on disability with an injured neck. Later the docs determined that I could not continue in my field of work and I got an attorney. Of course, they contacted that NEGRO to be a witness to the conditions at the workplace, and he fudged and said he didn't want to be involved. It was then that I realized what affirmative action really is. It is an action to take "whitey" out of the  action and to replace us with worthless good-for-nothings that treat work like a higher paying form of welfare. That is my affirmative action story.
Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 10:26:43 PM »
like you, daniel, the other equal opportunity guy

one of 3 things happened:

she either planned to give you a 1$ change because she didnt have a dime
she made a mistake
or you have an affirmative action story

i have my own affirmative action story. i went to the store and bought 6$ worth of stuff, so i payed the mexican cashier one 5 and 4 quarters. and he tells me "its 6 dollars", and i say " there is 6 dollars? he then has to check on his calculator if 4 quarters = 1 dollar.

I have completely lost hope in our education system.
thats a definite affirmative action story.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 10:46:11 PM »
I'm sure many of you must be surprised that the big equal-opportunity liberal on this forum is posting an affirmative action story. But I had an experience yesterday that I just felt the need to share.

Yesterday, I go to purchase some food. The black cashier tells me that it's $9.90. So I hand her a $10. She asks me if I have 90 cents. I looked at her confused and said, "What, you don't have the dime?" And she said, "I just wanted to know if you had 90 cents. If not, that's fine." I said, "I have 90 cents, but that's a lot of change to make." So she gave me the dime. I left feeling completely befuddled at why she made such an odd request like this, and then thought to myself, "I think I just experienced an affirmative action story. I gotta share this on the JTF forum!"  ;D

If you give her 90 cents, she can give you a dollar back instead of 10 cents.  Maybe she was running out of dimes in the register but had plenty of singles.  This sounds like a pretty standard occurrence for cashiers.  What am I missing here?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 10:54:21 AM »
Re:   "i went to the store and bought 6$ worth of stuff, so i payed the mexican cashier one 5 and 4 quarters. and he tells me "its 6 dollars", and i say " there is 6 dollars? he then has to check on his calculator if 4 quarters = 1 dollar. "

You should have called the police on this beaner and made him give you back the four one dollars bills he owed you!

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »
we should call this "share your affirmative action stories thread" and make it a sticky :)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »
We be hirin' people who don't know how to count money mmm hmmm.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 08:03:03 PM »
Are stories about Arabs included?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 08:06:15 PM »
I've got a little "Affirmative Action" story...

My neighborhood has gone ghetto-schvartze [it was nice when I moved in, then housing went down the tubes, and my complex had a "$500 move in w/ first month free" event and it went to hell].

While there are many people here who now walk around the public parts of the complex at all times of the day drinking giant cans of cheap malt liquor, there are two winos who I have never once seen anywhere near approaching sober in the time I have lived here, Lawrence and "Lump" [the latter actually prefers for people to call him by this name.  He is also missing his top row of teeth, how that happened is anyone's guess.].  These two are both old men, covered in grime, who are in their fifties or sixties who, without fail, drink all day every day in my courtyard while laying down sluggishly on the ground and chain smoke menthol cigarettes.

Well, these two are an amusing pair.  They have said many things which are so ridiculous and nonsensical that they are hilarious.  Arguably, the funniest thing I have ever heard them yelling about from outside my window was one time where Lawrence adamantly claimed at the top of his lungs that he was a professional "ath-uh-leet" [that's three syllables] for the Montreal Expos [which are approximately 3,000 miles away from here in Los Angeles], and "Lump" [usually the dumber of the two] refused [correctly] not to believe him.  The conversation, which lasted at least 10 minutes, became so heated that I was expecting them to start throwing down blows at each other.  If I was to come up with a "top ten list" of people who are the furthest away from being professional athletes [or even "ath-uh-leets"] these two would place high on the list... just after a "deceased Christopher Reeves hit with a stun gun while on drugs".

I was pretty open minded about who moved in my neighborhood, and I used to frown upon some of the "Affirmative Action" stories I would read here, but now after experiencing a vast smorgasbord of blacks in my neighborhood I can see where the humor stems from [this story is funny, G-d forbid I tell you of the more nightmarish ones].
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »
Ari, that's what I try to tell people, that if you have never lived close to them, or have had limited interaction with them (like a few relatively tame ones in a work environment), then you really can't understand.

I wish all they did was comic relief like what you described and what's often told of on this forum. Unfortunately many "affirmative action" stories tend to end in tragedy, either long-term damage, injury, or death. So be careful.