Author Topic: Rav Dov Lior calls for Arab Right of Return... to Arabia  (Read 851 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Rav Dov Lior calls for Arab Right of Return... to Arabia
« on: October 10, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »
Rabbi Dov Lior, one of the closest, top students of Rabbi Tzvi Yehuda Kook (the son of Rav AY Kook), an expert rabbi of religious zionism and the Rav of Kiryath Arba, expresses his immense wisdom -
He also makes a great joke which I highlighted in bold.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/140002

Rabbi Dov Lior 'Favors Arab Right of Return – to Saudi Arabia'

by Gil Ronen
 Rabbi Dov Lior, Rabbi of Kiryat Arba and head of the Yesha Rabbis' Council, spoke Sunday at the dedication of dormitories at Birkat HaTorah Yeshiva at Shavei Shomron in Samaria and announced that he favors the Arab “right of return.” A hush fell upon the audience and he was quick to explain that by “right of return” he meant “the right of all Arabs to return to the Arabian Peninsula.”

In a good mood after the freeze on construction lapsed, Rabbi Lior turned to Samaria local authority chief Gershon Mesika (in white shirt in photo) and expressed his wish that one day he would become the Mayor of Shechem. “You will have to work hard to clean that place up," he said, “but with your abilities I trust you can do it in the course of a single day.”

Continuing in the same vein, Lior noted that the large houses of Shechem and Ramallah would be great places to house Jewish immigrants from the US, “because they are fond of large houses.”

Rabbi Lior founded the yeshiva at Shavei Shomron, which is headed by Rabbi Yehoshua Shmidt.

The new dorms will house 70 students. According to David Ha'ivri of the Samaria Liaison Bureau, their construction was made possible by the generosity of Dr. Irving and Cherna Moskowitz of Florida.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 10:38:39 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Rav Dov Lior calls for Arab Right of Return... to Arabia
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:35:35 AM »

Continuing in the same vein, Lior noted that the large houses of Shechem and Ramallah would be great places to house Jewish immigrants from the US, “because they are fond of large houses.”

:::D

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 06:08:56 AM »
What a great rabbinical insight!  :dance:
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
That makes one Rabbi with his head screwed on straight!

Seems he's on a very short list!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 10:29:58 AM »
Re:  "Lior noted that the large houses of Shechem and Ramallah would be great places to house Jewish immigrants from the US, “because they are fond of large houses.”

Tell him I'm looking for a nice duplex there, but willing to settle for a basement efficiency in one of the mansions as long as the rent includes all utilities, basic cable, wi-fi, and requires no background check or application fee.

Also interested in the available amenities such as tennis courts, swimming pool, badminton, hiking trails, 24hr. emergency maintenance service, garage parking, storage facilities, etc. 

I also fully expect Rabbi Lior to conduct a thorough examination of the premises and officially certify it as "leprosy-free".