Author Topic: has anyone seen social network?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
has anyone seen social network?
« on: October 09, 2010, 11:19:39 PM »
Comments on this movie by anyone?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
Re: has anyone seen social network?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »
Interesting movie. It was entertaining. It talked about how mark zuckerberg basically stole the whole idea of a facebook from other people and how he betrayed his best friend

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »
Interesting movie. It was entertaining. It talked about how mark zuckerberg basically stole the whole idea of a facebook from other people and how he betrayed his best friend

That reminds me of the Apple Microsoft story.  It was called the Pirates of Silicon Valley.  It was very Fair, and showed how steve Jobs was just as Nefarious as Bill Gates, and that both of them stole their ideas from others.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 11:18:59 PM »
What is a movie?

What is facebook?
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 12:42:05 AM »
What is a movie?

What is facebook?

You're playing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 12:59:53 AM »
What is a movie?

What is facebook?

You're playing.

Well, honestly... Yes...

I know what a movie is... But I really have not gone out and seen one in the theater in almost seven years...

I know what facebook is, but I really have never gone to that site nor do I have an interest in posting my life there. I would rather anything known about me be found here at JTF.

;D
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 01:04:41 AM »
Whoah,

I tend to believe what this article is saying... It seems that the age of big brother is really upon us. These sites like Facebook are being used by the government to spy on the people who post there...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/13/government-spying-social-networks/?test=latestnews
Is the Government Spying On Us Through Social Networks?
Published October 13, 2010
| FoxNews.com

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg famously said that "the age of privacy is over." And the government wants to ensure that, it seems.

An Electronics Frontier Foundation freedom of information request uncovered a memo encouraging agents to try to befriend people on a variety of social networks in order to take advtage of their readiness to share -- and spy on them.

"Narcissistic tendencies in many people fuels a need to have a large group of 'friends' link to their pages and many of these people accept cyber-friends that they don't even know. This provides an excellent vantage point for FDNS to observe the daily life of beneficiaries and petitioners who are suspected of fraudulent activities," according to the memo obtained by Valleywag.

According to the website, the EFF wrote that "this memo suggests there's nothing to prevent an exaggerated, harmless or even out-of-date off-hand comment in a status update from quickly becoming the subject of a full citizenship investigation."

Other websites EFF say the government is spying on include Twitter, MySpace, Craigslist and Wikipedia.

Facebook and the EFF did not immediately respond to request for comment from FoxNews.com.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 02:39:19 PM »
Is this on U-Tube or at the Movies?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 02:41:08 PM »
If you're not engaging in fraudulent activity, I guess you have nothing to worry about then...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 03:51:19 PM »
If you're not engaging in fraudulent activity, I guess you have nothing to worry about then...

Depends on what they call 'fraudulent activity', doesn't it...

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 04:08:12 PM »
No but I've herad about it and and I think it's 100% correct
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 04:42:38 PM »

There is a legal definition of that term.   

People who engage in fraud... Yeah, they should watch their backs!   And I hope the feds nail them, whether in facebook or anywhere else.    Fraudsters rob america blind.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 05:12:47 PM »

There is a legal definition of that term.   

People who engage in fraud... Yeah, they should watch their backs!   And I hope the feds nail them, whether in facebook or anywhere else.    Fraudsters rob america blind.

But it can just as easily be used to entrap people, and it can be used to monitor people who do not share the current administrations opinions on various topics.

I don't know about you but I would not post anything anti-Islam or pro-Israel on facebook because it can be used against you...

As the EFF guy said:

According to the website, the EFF wrote that "this memo suggests there's nothing to prevent an exaggerated, harmless or even out-of-date off-hand comment in a status update from quickly becoming the subject of a full citizenship investigation."

Even though I do not engage in 'fraudulent activity' there is reason to be concerned. Sometimes we say things in moments of anger and these things can be taken out of context. There have been many instances of abuse.

I don't know the specifics of the story but the other day I read about a muslim who discovered a GPS tracking device attached to the underside of his car. He claimed that he had no contacts with terrorists and due to a posting a friend of his made he set off alarms at the FBI which launched an investigation of him.

We must be aware that what we say in cyberspace is being watched closely by the feds...

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 05:48:18 PM »

Oh, good!  It sounds like their going after illegal aliens too. 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »
What is a movie?

What is facebook?

You're playing.

Well, honestly... Yes...

I know what a movie is... But I really have not gone out and seen one in the theater in almost seven years...

I know what facebook is, but I really have never gone to that site nor do I have an interest in posting my life there. I would rather anything known about me be found here at JTF.

;D

I hope you make an exception on December 17th.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 09:23:49 PM »
What is a movie?

What is facebook?

You're playing.

Well, honestly... Yes...

;D

What's on December 17th?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 12:42:10 AM »
What is a movie?

What is facebook?

You're playing.

Well, honestly... Yes...

;D

What's on December 17th?

This:

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 12:49:21 AM »
What's that?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 01:22:27 AM »
What's that?
You've never seen Tron?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_%28film%29

The image posted in the post above is from a movie remake of the original.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein