Author Topic: Chilean miners invited by Israel for an all-up "spiritual Xtian holiday"  (Read 16304 times)

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Chilean miners invited by Israel for an all-up "spiritual Xtian holiday"
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »
By saying that every sign of another religion should be thrown out of Israel to avoid temptation, you are making Jews look like weaklings who are unsure of their faith.

What you say is actually the argument Missionaries use when they cry out about being banned from Jewish forums. "You don't me to post twisted missionary videos on your forum, then you must be insecure with your
faith!".

No, he makes Jews look like the real owners of the land who by accepting the existence of religions which denounce/twist Torah Judaism are defilling the Torah Land. There is a good reason why Gerei Toshav can
only be Noahides, not Xtians nor Michael Jackson worshippers.

I think I understand your point of view, although it's difficult for me because I am a Westernized Jew who, as such, do not obey the Torah to the letter, at least not all of it. Personally, I don't feel that the Torah Land is defiled by letting Christians visit sites where Jesus lived or celebrate Christmas in the churches of Israel, but maybe it's just because my sense of holiness is not strong enough. While you rightfully stand up for Judaism, I just hope that you keep an open and fair mind to those Gentiles who truly want to be our friends.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2010, 09:15:46 AM »
And can those of you who insist on typing "Xtians" explain why exactly won't you spell the word correctly ? May I suggest you use the word "Nozrim" as we call Christians in Hebrew if you can't spell the English term ?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »
And can those of you who insist on typing "Xtians" explain why exactly won't you spell the word correctly ? May I suggest you use the word "Nozrim" as we call Christians in Hebrew if you can't spell the English term ?

What's the matter with using "X"?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
Using "Xtian" is a sign of disrespect in my opinion, but it's hardly worth mentioning when people have the audacity to call us idol worshippers. I'm pretty sure it's rationalized that saying "Christ" means they're engaging in idolatry and that's why they can't say or type it.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2010, 09:47:56 AM »
Using "Xtian" is a sign of disrespect in my opinion, but it's hardly worth mentioning when people have the audacity to call us idol worshippers. I'm pretty sure it's rationalized that saying "Christ" means they're engaging in idolatry and that's why they can't say or type it.

The "X" is rooted in ancient Greek and is a symbol for Christ. There is no disrespect meant when using it and those who believe there is are mistaken. In fact, Christian in Greek is Χριστιανός. Note the "X" at the beginning of the word.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2010, 10:09:09 AM »
What? For telling the truth that Xmas being celebrated in Jewish Land as obscene? Well if you support a foreign holiday in Israel that worships idols then you don't support Israel as a Jewish state with Jewish laws. And I have never said that Xtians can't travel to Israel.
You're not even Jewish, so it's time to lay off the outrage.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2010, 10:20:24 AM »

The "X" is rooted in ancient Greek and is a symbol for Christ. There is no disrespect meant when using it and those who believe there is are mistaken. In fact, Christian in Greek is Χριστιανός. Note the "X" at the beginning of the word.
Then it should be written XRistian.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2010, 10:30:04 AM »

Then it should be written XRistian.

No, X=Christ so, technically, it should be written Xian. But then everyone would think we were talking about a Chinese dude and be confused.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2010, 10:30:52 AM »
What? For telling the truth that Xmas being celebrated in Jewish Land as obscene? Well if you support a foreign holiday in Israel that worships idols then you don't support Israel as a Jewish state with Jewish laws. And I have never said that Xtians can't travel to Israel.

And why's that?

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2010, 10:31:29 AM »
So why can't people just say Christian on an English-speaking forum? There has to be more than that. Are Jews forbidden in some circles of opinion from saying "Christ" like they not allowed to type God without a hyphen? I'm not attacking, just trying to understand why some do it. I view it as disrespectful because liberals use Xmas to remove the religious meaning of Christmas.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
So why can't people just say Christian on an English-speaking forum? There has to be more than that. Are Jews forbidden in some circles of opinion from saying "Christ" like they not allowed to type G-d without a hyphen? I'm not attacking, just trying to understand why some do it. I view it as disrespectful because liberals use Xmas to remove the religious meaning of Christmas.
Yes Coon, great Christian guy you are, praising Rick Sanchez, saying that it is the Jews' fault Obama was elected, and saying that Rand Paul and Pat Buchanan are better than Democrats.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »
So now I have to be Jewish to defend Israel?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »
So why can't people just say Christian on an English-speaking forum? There has to be more than that. Are Jews forbidden in some circles of opinion from saying "Christ" like they not allowed to type G-d without a hyphen? I'm not attacking, just trying to understand why some do it. I view it as disrespectful because liberals use Xmas to remove the religious meaning of Christmas.

I could care less about what liberals do and how it's justified in their simple minds. I'm simply stating that it is not disrespectful and it does not diminish the religious meaning of the word. Now, if you want to argue that people are lazy and would rather type one letter instead of six, you may have a point.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
DBF, you think Miley Cyrus is the most evil person in America and you're saying my moral compass is out of whack? Please, you're a total joke. I don't even know what to make of you. You post relentlessly on amoral celebrities yet admit you listen to heavy metal garbage and wigger trash like Insane Clown Posse which promote the same evils to our youth/society. You think obscene emo-goth women like that obese Beth girl are attractive despite the fact that goth crap promotes godlessness and nihilism. What the hell is it you stand for? You seem to think everyone who doesn't agree word-for-word with what Chaim says is an anti-semite. You say you are a Christian yet you never say a word when people attack your faith. Unlike you, I'm damn proud of my opinions and I have the balls to say what I think. I actually have more respect for Ron or muman than you, even though they think my Christian faith is totally wrong. At least they tirelessly stand up for what they understand Judaism to be. All you do is sit on your hands while yours are demeaned.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2010, 11:05:06 AM »
HiWarp, I'd just like to know if there's a reason other than laziness as you say that some posters only use Xian instead of Christian.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »
HiWarp, I'd just like to know if there's a reason other than laziness as you say that some posters only use Xian instead of Christian.
Because the Greek word christ literally means messiah?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2010, 11:16:30 AM »

Actually it means anointed, but close enough.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »

Actually it means anointed, but close enough.
christ means anointed, messiah means anointed.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »
DBF, you think Miley Cyrus is the most evil person in America and you're saying my moral compass is out of whack? Please, you're a total joke. I don't even know what to make of you. You post relentlessly on amoral celebrities yet admit you listen to heavy metal garbage and wigger trash like Insane Clown Posse which promote the same evils to our youth/society. You think obscene emo-goth women like that obese Beth girl are attractive despite the fact that goth crap promotes godlessness and nihilism. What the hell is it you stand for? You seem to think everyone who doesn't agree word-for-word with what Chaim says is an anti-semite. You say you are a Christian yet you never say a word when people attack your faith. Unlike you, I'm damn proud of my opinions and I have the balls to say what I think. I actually have more respect for Ron or muman than you, even though they think my Christian faith is totally wrong. At least they tirelessly stand up for what they understand Judaism to be. All you do is sit on your hands while yours are demeaned.

I think your own words make a better response to that than anything I could write.

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,49847.msg472894.html#msg472894
Quote from: The Coon
Sanchez was spot on with that piece of excrement Stewart, who is one of the sorriest excuses for Judenrat scum on the face of the planet. I hope he dies of cancer and his soul is obliterated in the bowels of hell. You can slander Christians all day on the major liberal networks but when one of their employees dares mention something halfway anti-Semitic like Sanchez.

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,49612.msg471015.html#msg471015
All the media organizations that destroyed the morals of America are/were run by self-hating Jews. All the music companies that promote black jungle noise to kids and morally sickening filth. Many of the major economic institutions that destroyed the economy were created/run by self-hating Jews. There would be no black muslim president without the support of Jews.

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,46220.msg442106.html#msg442106
A poor decision in my opinion. Voting for a democrat is worse than Rand Paul.

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,46220.msg442035.html#msg442035
America should come first for Americans. Israel first for Israelis. And no, the interests of Israel are not always the same as America

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,46220.msg442193.html#msg442193
At least Rand Paul has domestic policies that are good for America.

Now you were saying?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2010, 11:54:58 AM »
Re:  "why can't people just say Christian on an English-speaking forum? "

As a young boy in Hebrew school in a place with very few Jews, all of whom were isolated from "vibrant" Jewish communities like NY City, my teacher taught us that we must never write the word "Christ" because it means "Messiah" in Greek, and that the continuous writing of words like "Christ-mas" (trans:  Birth of Messiah) or "Christian" (follower of Messiah) would brainwash us eventually into always referring to someone not accepted as our Messiah to be the Moshiach of the Jews.

We were instructed to substitute "Xian" as our way of showing our refusal to submit to the beliefs of the overwhelming majority outside our classroom which claimed that G-d became a man.

Further:

In Western Christendom, all dates have been redefined as being either "Anno Domini", abbreviated as A._D. (trans:  "In the Year of Our Lord" [meaning Jesus as Lord equal to G-d is ruling over the planet] , or B._C. (meaning Before Christ Messiah's birth) [with the implication that all of history was a mere prelude to that one day and therefore no longer relevant].

We were therefore instructed to substitute the designations B.C.E. (Before the Common Era) and C.E. (the Common Era [in which we are currently living a/k/a the modern age].

I hope this helps end the "emotional" tone which has been growing among some members because of a little ignorance aggravated by childish insults.

I tend to think that most here writing these abbreviations may not even be aware of why it is they are doing it.

I do not believe they either intended or intend any deliberate insult or hurt towards Christians here.

Most were probably told to write like that since the first day they went to Synagogue.

And I hope that all here will ignore whatever slurs and insults follow from those who make their past time slinging scheisse .

Me?  I'm all too well aware that the dominant majority religion writes and thinks in Christian terms.  I'm an adult and not swayed by reading the abbreviations and terms of others in print.
And just for the record, Jews and Christians are not the only people on Earth dating things with their own interpretations of history - it is a universal practice everywhere you go.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2010, 12:55:47 PM »
I think we need to allow more muslim and black nazi trolls on this forum so that you guys stop arguing with each other...this is so silly. >:(
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »

Im still mining my own Chilies
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2010, 01:12:40 PM »
Massuh, thanks for clearing that up.

DBF, I stand by every word I said. You can insinuate I'm an anti-semite all you want but really my cat's droppings hold more weight than anything you have to say.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
I think we need to allow more muslim and black nazi trolls on this forum so that you guys stop arguing with each other...this is so silly. >:(

To be honest, I confess I find the feud between the Coon and DBF... funny, in a positive sense, because they are both so stubborn and so quick with a vicious reply...
To avoid any misunderstanding, I am not saying that their arguments are not serious... I just mean that they have repartee and that it is, in a way, entertaining.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »
Well when I think of it a bit more I can see why some non-Christians wouldn't want to spell "Christ-" because Christ is basically messiah in Greek, and of course Jews or any other non-Christian don't believe Jesus is Christ, which is why for example I would normally won't refer to Jesus with the name "Christ". But when it come to the word, Christian for e at least, it just means someone who believes that Jesus is Christ, it doesn't say anything about me, so I don't have a problem spelling it.