Author Topic: Question about Flu Shots.. Is there a doctor in the house?  (Read 2967 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Question about Flu Shots.. Is there a doctor in the house?
« on: October 21, 2010, 06:27:58 AM »
I know this is the time of year when people run to get flu shots either their doctor or a pharmacy.. But is this actually a good or bad thing or just a waste of time?  I would like to go through a winter without a flu.. And they are predicting a very rough winter ahead not just weather wise but also the flu and other illnesses.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Question about Flu Shots.. Is there a doctor in the house?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:32:49 AM »
I'm normally pro-vaccine, but I've decided to skip flu shots after all the pressure and fearmongering that was put on the public by the government last year to get that H1N1 shot.

Offline Tacitus

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 11:43:48 AM »
you just walk in to any walgreens or cvs and get one brother...

I am not going to get sick since i use the NYC subways, infested with sickly illegals
No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:24:08 PM »
I never get the flu, so I don't get the flu shot.   But a lot of people get it.   It's a pretty easy thing - only problem is, the shot itself sometimes causes people to get sick for a few days.   But then you'll be flu-free in the winter!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »
Well I have to return to the Far East in January for work. And airports and foreign countries tend to be havens for germs.  I am not a germphobic but I just was wondering if this is actually useful or a waste?  And I agree with you Ruby that the gov did force the H1N1 shot down our throats like they did about Bird Flu and West Nile Virus.  This is why I want the opinion.  Yea I can easily go to any CVS
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 12:54:14 PM »
I think it does actually work to prevent getting the flu.  Germs are still a problem though in any case.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 03:05:29 PM »
Flu shots are definitely a good thing and could possibly save your life. You should definitely get one. It will decrease your chances of getting the flu and if you do end up getting the flu, it will probably be less severe with a shorter duration. There's no rational reason not get one. The only exception would be an egg allergy. Otherwise, you should definitely get it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 03:21:36 PM »
Flu shots are definitely a good thing and could possibly save your life. You should definitely get one. It will decrease your chances of getting the flu and if you do end up getting the flu, it will probably be less severe with a shorter duration. There's no rational reason not get one. The only exception would be an egg allergy. Otherwise, you should definitely get it.

Save your life?   He's not elderly. 

But I do agree he would help prevent getting the flu by getting the shot.

There ARE some rational reasons not to get one, though, so don't say it so smugly because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.   I know someone who's brother got Guillain-Barre syndrome from the flu shot and shortly thereafter had a massive heart attack from this.   This person that I know, who is now quite old, is not allowed by his doctor to get the flu shot given the medical history in his close family (his brother).

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 07:16:39 PM »
I have never and will never get a flu shot or shots of any other kind.  I never ever get sick either. -- And since Bill Gates himself says human population can be "reduced" via shots I abstain with added vigor and recommend you watch this video in this thread before you let strangers stick needles in your arm.

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,49936.0.html

Yes, I realize there are some diseases where a shot can be beneficial, but they are extremely uncommon.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »
I have never and will never get a flu shot or shots of any other kind.  I never ever get sick either. -- And since Bill Gates himself says human population can be "reduced" via shots I abstain with added vigor and recommend you watch this video in this thread before you let strangers stick needles in your arm.

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,49936.0.html

Yes, I realize there are some diseases where a shot can be beneficial, but they are extremely uncommon.

That video was very concerning to me too. I think that vaccines were a good innovation as far as stamping out polio, mumps, etc. but I don't really trust some of the newer ones like the flu shot anymore. I took at least three flu shots in the past, but when Obama started pushing that H1N1 thing I said no, I'm not going for it anymore. Anything Obama is pushing that hard can't be a good thing.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 08:13:58 PM »
Yeah, the swine flu thing was a sham.    I think that's pretty clear.      Politicians like obama saw $$$ signs and ran for it!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 08:15:22 PM »
Yeah, the swine flu thing was a sham.    I think that's pretty clear.      Politicians like obama saw $$$ signs and ran for it!

I'm pretty sure that the swine flu thing is included in this year's flu shot. As long as that's included I'm not even going to consider getting the flu shot. It's supposed to be a killed virus, but I've heard it might be a weakened one.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
בס''ד

I believe that the flu shot does reduce the chances of getting the flu, and if someone gets the flu anyway, the flu shot can lessen the severity of the flu. So I think it is wise to get the shot.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
They say every winter will be a rough one.

I think it's better to get the flu shot than not get it...Why stay at home sick when you go travel to Hawaii?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »
בס''ד

I believe that the flu shot does reduce the chances of getting the flu, and if someone gets the flu anyway, the flu shot can lessen the severity of the flu. So I think it is wise to get the shot.

Agreed.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:15 PM »
I see you never responded to any of us. All you do is then troll, walk away for several days, and then assume everyone will forget about it. Not me.

You are not forgiven for comparing Orthodox Jews to Nazis or causing the giant uproar that resulted in Paulette leaving the forum. Go join your brothers in Feces Now or Neturei Karta, faggot.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 05:44:54 AM »
They say every winter will be a rough one.

I think it's better to get the flu shot than not get it...Why stay at home sick when you go travel to Hawaii?

I wish I could travel! lol

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 06:56:41 AM »
Please do not get the shots.  A number of good RNs have said that the new vaccines slowly weaken your immune system and over time you are more susceptible to other illnesses.  We also don't know what is in these vaccines.     If we had a different President I would trust the shots, but not now.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 07:02:57 AM »
Please do not get the shots.  A number of good RNs have said that the new vaccines slowly weaken your immune system and over time you are more susceptible to other illnesses.  We also don't know what is in these vaccines.     If we had a different President I would trust the shots, but not now.

I feel much the same way you do about the newer shots. That slogan for that HPV shot "One less!" was also creepy. I like vaccines in general and I think people should get vaccinated for things like measles and mumps, whooping cough, etc. However I think caution needs to be used in what kinds of vaccines people get.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 09:31:14 AM »
I don't believe most of the garbage written about vaccines but I question whether we should be having so many. Our hyper-sanitized, artificially immunized world has had a big hand in creating many of the hideous autoimmune diseases that plague us today (because the idled immune system has nothing to do anymore).

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
Dr. Brennan Fan,

Why do we need to keep Haranguing Daniel about his opinions..on Obama, on the issue you mentioned.  Let's not beat him to death over it?  Also, he clarified what he meant to say many times.  I dont think his original post said what you quoted above.  Anyway, have a good Friday and tty tomorrow

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 04:10:26 PM »
I would both get a flu shot and give my daughter the vaccine. What those nurses told you was irresponsible.  I have never heard anything like that.  There is a tiny chance of developing something called Guillain Barre, but you are far MORE likely to DIE of the Flu than get Guillain Barre.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 12:00:11 AM »
I would both get a flu shot and give my daughter the vaccine. What those nurses told you was irresponsible.  I have never heard anything like that.  There is a tiny chance of developing something called Guillain Barre, but you are far MORE likely to DIE of the Flu than get Guillain Barre.

I would think a flu shot would be more important for elderly people though, unless it's one of those strains like the 1918 one that attack younger people more fiercely.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 12:24:38 AM »
the 1918 one that attack younger people more fiercely.
The 1918 Spanish flu attacked young people more severely because it worked by provoking an autoimmune response. Naturally, a strong, fierce young immune system can do more damage than a past-prime one.

Offline lines

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 12:43:16 AM »
I never get the flu shot. I have only had the flu once in the past 8 years.