Author Topic: This shows you that atheism and evolution retards people  (Read 6759 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
This shows you that atheism and evolution retards people
« on: October 25, 2010, 05:26:45 PM »
*Warning, this has a christian twinge to it, so be warned before watching*

This vid proves that just like everytime i debate a atheist/evoliutionist, they end up embarasing themselves..

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: This shows you that atheism and evolution retards people
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »
Fossils by themselves do not prove evolution, but evolution makes certain predictions, and fossils support those predictions. Among those predictions are that we will find transitionals from one group to another (there are transitionals), that a species that evolved later will not be found in an earlier strata (so far so good).

Fossils are just one piece of evidence for evolution. Many other evidences exist, which I think is what he was trying to say. When he said "it's proven, we have all the steps", he was referring to the fact that, given enough time, one animal species can change into another type of animal. He was referring to the fact that there are transitional fossils that show these transitions.

The second point, is that evolution doesn't "progress" in the way that humans would look at progression. For example there's nothing about the evolutionary process that necessarily leads to anything being stronger or smarter. The "progress" is toward the ability to reproduce effectively. Some animals may find that losing their eyes saves energy if they live in a dark environment and won't use them anyway (like cave dwellers). Some animals may find that keener, sharper vision helps them to hunt better (like eagles). Having super good vision or going blind, neither would be beneficial for the other. So it's relative to the environment as to whether a specific trait is helpful or hurtful. I am pretty sure this is what the scientist was trying to express.

Kent Hovind was just blanketly saying that no fossils count as evidence for evolution. That basically means that even if you had EVERY single step of the transition, that he would still not accept it. That's just complete, willfull ignorance. We do have enough steps for the land mammal - whale transition to draw meaningful conclusions from it, but people like Hovind are incapable of looking at the evidence in an honest way.

When the guy said "fossils don't mean anything, ... we don't need them", he was referring to the fact that even in the complete absence of fossil evidence, there is still substantial, very good evidence for evolution. The fossils are just the icing on the cake. The fossils are evidence of evolution, but we don't need the fossils to establish evolution as fact. DNA, comparative anatomy, taxonomy, embryology, and other areas of evidence also support evolution.

The guy on the tv show talking about the tree being inverted is being taken way out of context. There were more phyla in the Cambrian than there are today, but the phyla that survived from then have branched out and changed so much that the branching tree analogy still makes sense. For example Chordates, the phylum which all vertebrates and other types of chordates belong to, looked more like this in the Cambrian:

Not so much like this:

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »
don't make me dig up all the VenomFangX videos.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »
Kent Hovind has absolutely zero evidence for anything. All that next example shows is that the other person talking to him was nervous as a public speaker, not that they were wrong or that Hovind was right.

Machinery does not breed so I don't see what relevance that argument has.

The fact that people have lower back pain is evidence for evolution. The evolutionary process does leave certain flaws in the designs. A creature that is designed from scratch, well, we would expect them to be less flawed. We would expect them not to have blind spots, lower back pain, etc. There are trade-offs in evolution. If we gained the ability to walk upright and carry things, part of the price of that gain was lower back pain. Another price was a slower running speed.

The argument that Hovind tries to pull up about tobacco having 48 chromosomes is completely irrelevant. I don't even know why he would use that except to be deceptive. The content of those chromosomes is also very important. Plus the number of chromosomes doesn't "go up" as evolution progresses. It's different for different species, sometimes more, sometimes less, and sometimes distantly related species have the same number. The ameba argument is also meaningless for that reason.

Hovind is lying, nobody teaches that humans evolved from rocks.

I also find it ironic that an anthropomorphic chicken was used in that video. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
Oh not this again

Evolution, while not officially proven, does not negate the Torah or Hashem.  So if it is ever proven, there is no loss.

Human beings are a special species since we have souls and are able to reason.  Maybe just perhaps, Gd created us in a special manner and probably didn't derive from anything else...I don't know. I don't care.  It's a fact that we human beings have a soul and that we have free will to choose right from wrong.

Nuff said.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 07:52:34 PM »
It's really amazing to me that evolution-deniers are such proselytizers.   I've never encountered this in "real life" so this is enlightening.  They apparently feel that not only are they going to deny the evidence for evolution, but by hook or by crook everyone else must also deny it with them, and if not, their religious belief is endangered.   It seems that my (and others') acceptance of evolution makes them lose sleep!   What a strange thing indeed.   

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »
They feel like we're indoctrinating their kids into atheism, so that's why they get upset I think.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »
They feel like we're indoctrinating their kids into atheism, so that's why they get upset I think.

This would only make sense to individuals who believe that the existence of G-d and evolution or the big bang theory are mutually exclusive.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 09:41:22 AM »

This would only make sense to individuals who believe that the existence of G-d and evolution or the big bang theory are mutually exclusive.

A lot of people feel that way. I obviously disagree with that.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
Why do you keep wrapping together the two completely different matters of atheism and evolution.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 10:56:49 AM »
Do you believe that if evolution were proven it would negate Gd's existence and the truth behind the Torah?

If so, I would recommend relearning the Bible because I would hate to see good people stop believing in Gd and the Bible if science appears to disprove their point of view...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 11:48:33 AM »
"This shows you that atheism and evolution retards people"

Btw, the proper English would be, "This shows you that atheism and evolution retard people"

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »
I think atheism is stupid, I don't know why people keep trying to link atheism to evolution honestly.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »
Why do you keep wrapping together the two completely different matters of atheism and evolution.

I just realized that maybe you meant me. I guess one of my posts seemed really confusing.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »

I just realized that maybe you meant me. I guess one of my posts seemed really confusing.

I think he meant c4j since the nature of this thread he created is the tying of two different matters, atheism and evolution.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »
Oh ok. I hope nobody thought I was advocating atheism. My posts might not have been that clear over the past couple of days.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »

No no, I meant C4J.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »
Atheism and evolution are not necessarily the similar things. However some atheists can mistakenly use the evolution to prove their point of order to such an extent which may lead them astray to the point of no return.

That is why muslamics like the leftists who are the atheists gone astray.  
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 01:44:33 PM »

No no, I meant C4J.

Oh ok thanks for clarifying!

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 02:15:48 PM »
I have proved that the order in things are created are completely incompatible with the bible.

Evolution is a cruel theory/philosophy, it goes 100 percent a all loving god. Why would god slowly bring mankind into the world by a load of cruel mutations, and survival of the fittest. Kent hovind talks some rubbish, but that does no mean he talks some sense on some issues. As he pointed out Man brought death into the world, evolution shows that death brings man into the world. It would be a cruel god to believe in such a pathetic theory.

Luckily since its got no evidence apart from watching rubystars and KWRT rambling on with their insutiing to land mammals "evidence" , i think its safe to say we can move on...

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »
I have proved that the order in things are created are completely incompatible with the bible.

Evolution is a cruel theory/philosophy, it goes 100 percent a all loving G-d. Why would G-d slowly bring mankind into the world by a load of cruel mutations, and survival of the fittest. Kent hovind talks some rubbish, but that does no mean he talks some sense on some issues. As he pointed out Man brought death into the world, evolution shows that death brings man into the world. It would be a cruel G-d to believe in such a pathetic theory.

Luckily since its got no evidence apart from watching rubystars and KWRT rambling on with their insutiing to land mammals "evidence" , i think its safe to say we can move on...
Believing in God and believing in the bible, especially to the strictest literal understanding you seem to hold, are two different things. Also You might think that Evolution is bad, and Atheism is bad, but it's still two different things. I am sure you also think Islam is bad, but what's it got to do with atheism except both being bad/false/evil according to your understanding ?

Can you just make yourself more clear. Do you actually believe that: "Everyone who believe in Evolution is an atheist" or in other words- that atheism is a logical deduction from evolution ? I just want to know, and if that's what you think well OK I respect your opinion although I think differently.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 02:46:02 PM »

Ramble on, hey wasn't that a cool song?  8)

Anyway, I don't see how we were insulting to land mammals.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »

Ramble on, hey wasn't that a cool song?  8)

Anyway, I don't see how we were insulting to land mammals.

Yes, and I did no such thing.  The land mammals have my sincere respect.  To take nothing away from the fish or the reptiles, however.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »
Since most animals are marine invertebrates, evolutionists do tend to talk about marine invertebrates (like the sea squirts I posted earlier, although they are related to vertebrates, being chordates and all).

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »

Evolution is a cruel theory/philosophy, it goes 100 percent a all loving G-d. Why would G-d slowly bring mankind into the world by a load of cruel mutations, and survival of the fittest. Kent hovind talks some rubbish, but that does no mean he talks some sense on some issues. As he pointed out Man brought death into the world, evolution shows that death brings man into the world. It would be a cruel G-d to believe in such a pathetic theory.

Believing in G-d and believing in the bible, especially to the strictest literal understanding you seem to hold, are two different things. Also You might think that Evolution is bad, and Atheism is bad, but it's still two different things. I am sure you also think Islam is bad, but what's it got to do with atheism except both being bad/false/evil according to your understanding ?

Can you just make yourself more clear. Do you actually believe that: "Everyone who believe in Evolution is an atheist" or in other words- that atheism is a logical deduction from evolution ? I just want to know, and if that's what you think well OK I respect your opinion although I think differently.

Hi mate. i never said atheism=evolutionist, although most atheists are evolutionists. I SAID atheism AND evolution retards people. Look you have two very intelligent posters in KWWR and rubystars both acting like they have severe retrdation when trying to "prove" evolution. I have no problem thinking that evolution is a good "philosophy"(thats all it is, since its not science), but it is not testable and observable, and its not compatable with god love and relationship with mankind. Why would god allow all that suffering to get man into the world, seems very cruel to me.

people are getting my thread confused, firstly i do not take the bible literally. I like chaims method of believing that they happened, but with alot of meta[horical and deep meaning. Like the noiahs ark thing, perfectly possible since the ark was huge, absulutely huge, it coould literally hold millions of species. That being siad, the story has a mirrored deeper meaning, non literal etc.

Im not a young earth creationist, i think kent hovind is a bit of a nutter on some issues, but on others he very similar to JTF,such as islam, evolution, abortion, israel etc.

But even if you dont like him, as the old saying goes, a broken clock is always right twice a day..