Author Topic: Israel to Send Team to Haiti to Fight Cholera Outbreak  (Read 5174 times)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Israel to Send Team to Haiti to Fight Cholera Outbreak
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:07 PM »
Well you said "subhumans". I'm pretty sure they're humans according to genetic science.

"Subhuman" means they are not civilized.

Nazis were very civilized Germans. They were educated, they listened to beautiful music and they had a very developed country. And yet they were very barbaric. There are civilized beasts.

Still they were no better than the Arabs. Just because they lived in a civilized country does not mean they are civilized.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »
Well you said "subhumans". I'm pretty sure they're humans according to genetic science.

"Subhuman" means they are not civilized.

Nazis were very civilized Germans. They were educated, they listened to beautiful music and they had a very developed country. And yet they were very barbaric. There are civilized beasts.

Still they were no better than the Arabs. Just because they lived in a civilized country does not mean they are civilized.

I think you missed the point of his posting. Germany was THE MOST civilized country in the world at the time. They had the best Theatre, Food, Philosophy, Scientific discoveries, etc.... There is no way you can say that Germans were not the most civilized people in the world at the time... The point is that being civilized does not make a person righteous...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 07:17:01 PM »
Are there not Jews in Israel who are also suffering who could use this aid themselves?
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
Are there not Jews in Israel who are also suffering who could use this aid themselves?

I don't think that many are suffering from Cholera... I hope not..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 07:23:30 PM »
Within a few seconds I came across a dire situation in Israel which needs finances [which are instead being wasted on a foreign country!].

Gas masks, and bomb shelters:

From Carl in Jerusalem,

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2010/10/40-of-israelis-still-wont-have-gas.html

40% of Israelis still won't have gas masks by the end of '12

Remember how I told you that we considered ourselves lucky because Mrs. Carl got us gas masks? Remember how I told you that the government only had enough gas masks for 70% of the population? Well, it's getting worse. The production line is being shut down, and when all the gas masks currently being produced are distributed - by the end of 2012 - 40% of the population still won't have gas masks.

A report presented by Home Front Command Chief Major-General Yair Golan to the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Thursday shows that when the current order of protection kits is completed, the production lines will close. In order to reopen them, the price of each kit would have to be doubled.

Meanwhile, gas masks that are designed for those with beards will not be distributed to bearded individuals but to those with breathing problems, since their production costs twice as much as the production of regular masks. As a results, bearded Israelis will have to shave their beards off if a war breaks.

There's also a problem with shelters.

Also according to the report, 24% of the population does not have access to protected spaces such as bomb shelters. About 40% of existing bomb shelters are not in usable condition. In addition to shelter repair, the Home Front Command is requesting to reinforce stairwells of buildings to increase security. It would take NIS 230 million (roughly $60 million) annually to bridge the budget gap and conduct the necessary restorations.

"It is a serious problem, but this is a budget gap," Golan said. "It's not right to reinforce the security of a classroom in a city, and not reinforce security in a classroom in an adjacent town. The Home Front Command maintenance budget was reduced by 25% since 2008."

"There is a significant gap between the preparedness of the ministries in Jerusalem and their branches nationwide," he said."At 60% of the local authorities there are no command centers that are supposed to manage emergency procedures."

Moreover, siren systems that are designed to warn residents if a missile is headed their way are also in disrepair, but Golan said that an alert can be circulated through the radio, television and text messages.

Well, yes, except for those segments of the population that don't have radio or television and don't have cell phones that can send and receive text messages. But those people aren't reading this anyway, because they don't have internet access either.

What could go wrong?

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 08:04:07 PM »

I agree.  This Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) stuff is nonsense.  The Jews have enough problems.  They don't need to be going off to some third-world cesspool to help people who will never appreciate it.  And Haiti will remain a cesspool no matter how much help they receive.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »

I agree.  This Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) stuff is nonsense.  The Jews have enough problems.  They don't need to be going off to some third-world cesspool to help people who will never appreciate it.  And Haiti will remain a cesspool no matter how much help they receive.

Who are you to say that Tikkun Olam is nonsense? That is ridiculous...

Tikkun Olam is an integral part of the Jewish faith. You cannot just arbitrarily decide that it is nonsense. Maybe it is because you have a distorted view of what Tikkun Olam is. This is understandable because the term has been hijacked by the liberals and leftists. But there is a very important lesson in the concept of Tikkun Olam, and by discounting it like you do you are doing a great disservice to the beliefs of many good religious Jews.

I have posted before what the Orthodox concept of Tikkun Olam is. If you are interested I can post more concerning this concept.

http://www.ou.org/public/Publib/tikkun.htm
http://www.jewishideas.org/articles/tikkun-olams-practical-meaning-and-potential-signif
http://www.cross-currents.com/archives/2007/05/04/the-hijacking-of-tikkun-olam/

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 11:19:23 PM »
I'm curious about something.  Supposing, G-d forbid, a huge tsunami flooded Israel (or imagine some other horrible tragedy -- like cholera, or an earthquake, etc.).  Besides the U.S., what countries would come to Israel's aid?  And do you think that, in America, there would be a prime-time show on many networks to raise money to help the Israeli's?

This has nothing to do with whether Israel should aid Haiti or not.  I was just wondering what the consensus here is regarding who would help Israel besides the U.S. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 11:26:25 PM »
I'm curious about something.  Supposing, G-d forbid, a huge tsunami flooded Israel (or imagine some other horrible tragedy -- like cholera, or an earthquake, etc.).  Besides the U.S., what countries would come to Israel's aid?  And do you think that, in America, there would be a prime-time show on many networks to raise money to help the Israeli's?

This has nothing to do with whether Israel should aid Haiti or not.  I was just wondering what the consensus here is regarding who would help Israel besides the U.S. 

That is a good question. I do not know the answer.

I do hope that Israel takes care of Israelis first and the rest of the world second. I too fear that this kind of aide may be better spent on protecting the Jewish population from the threat of chemical war.

But if the Israelis have taken care of their own, then as Jews they should lend help to others in need. This is how I view my own personal responsibility to Tzedakah.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »

Tikkun Olam = Elimination of Jewish pain in the world, and then elimination of the plight of others.  In the process of healing the Jewish People's suffering, as a light to the nations, other communities may emulate the Jews...  Catholics making sure there is no Catholic plight, Buddhists taking care of Buddhists, Righteous Gentile to Righteous Gentile, etc.... [I do wonder with skepticism about Atheists truly working for the Atheists]  from my observations Mormons do an excellent job of taking care of other Mormons. -- In the end if everyone emulated the ideal Jewish World there were be much less suffering in the world to repair.  The Jewish population most certainly has the financial capability of making sure no Jew is in poverty and to curb the suffering of those with diseases or disabilities [this should happen naturally as a part of Ahavat Yisroel, one of the major philosophies Rav Kahane taught; perhaps the very most important!].  Unfortunately many Jews, including the Bolshevik gov;t of Israel, seem to think that impressing the Gentile so they love the Jew is a priority. -- In America Jews [many elderly, or those from an Ultra Orthodox background, and others], while being extremely successful in so many aspects in an enormous ratio for their slice of the population, are also some of the most impoverished people who suffer poverty twice over [first the poverty, second for being stereotyped as rich international bankers, doctors, lawyers, etc.]  Despite being much more of a minority than blacks or Hispanics, Jews are skipped over for help as a minority by Leftists [which really emphasizes how much the Jew should be helping the Jew!  Unfortunately many Jews put Leftism far before Judaism and may never have even heard of Ahavat Yisroel!].

Tikkun Olam, in the True Torah way [as advocated by the beloved Rav Kahane!] is a very worthwhile cause.  When the Jew turns his back on the Jew who suffers...  it is not Judaism.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 12:39:40 AM »
Hey Adolph Hitler. I didn't know you were back? How was hell? Did you have fun?
Don't you have some premarital sex to promote, troll?

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 02:09:55 AM »
Hey Adolph Hitler. I didn't know you were back? How was hell? Did you have fun?
Don't you have some premarital sex to promote, troll?

And your point is ? I'm sorry, I've missed it.

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 06:56:10 AM »
Israel needs PR, and helping poor schwatzes is very good for PR. So I support it.
99% of Muslims give the rest a bad name.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 06:57:16 AM »

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 06:59:45 AM »
Israel needs PR, and helping poor schwatzes is very good for PR. So I support it.
Watch this video and say that again.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2010, 07:14:29 AM »
Israel  needs strength a lot more than it needs PR

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 07:17:31 AM »
Watch this video and say that again.

Youtube video with 4K views including me and you  :laugh:. And here CNN:

ABC

CBS:

Fox:

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 07:24:03 AM »
Israel needs PR,

Says who?
South Africa was defeated through PR. Israel's enemies are trying to do same with Israel today. We need counter PR. And sending some help to Haiti gives much better PR than useless ministry of propaganda by Yuli Edelstein.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 07:25:08 AM »
Amit, 100% of Muslims give Muslims a bad name

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »
South Africa was defeated because South African whites wanted to "fit in" with the world. No other reason.

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 09:59:27 AM »
South Africa was defeated because South African whites wanted to "fit in" with the world. No other reason.
They wanted to "fit in" because of the successful PR company for discreditation and isolation of ZA.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 02:50:28 PM »
They wanted to "fit in" because of the successful PR company for discreditation and isolation of ZA.

They wanted to "fit in" because they were brainwashed to believe "fitting in" meant doing what the "international community" demands. Jews and Righteous Gentiles need to realize fitting in means doing what Hashem commands. Until that is realized, Jews are just wasting there time fighting a PR war whose terms have been set-up by our enemies!
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 03:00:14 PM »

They wanted to "fit in" because they were brainwashed to believe "fitting in" meant doing what the "international community" demands. Jews and Righteous Gentiles need to realize fitting in means doing what Hashem commands. Until that is realized, Jews are just wasting there time fighting a PR war whose terms have been set-up by our enemies!

+1

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2010, 01:31:04 AM »
hasnt Israel done enough for these haitians??  what's this new fetish Israel has with helping blacks... Haiti, Darfurians, black hebrews, whats next..

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2010, 02:46:38 AM »
I find it hard to understand why most posters are so angry at Israel sending a team to Haiti.
I am completely opposed to Israel helping her ennemies, but Haiti is not an ennemy of Israel, is it ? What harm has Haiti done to Israel ? If there is something I don't know about this, please somebody tell me.
I would also be against sending a team if that was very costly, because then it would breach the principle that Jews should help their fellow Jews first. But, correct me if I'm wrong, that shouldn't be expensive. And Israeli medical experts will benefit by acquiring experience on the ground.
I would also be against sending a team if what has happened to Haiti was a fair punishment. But most of the 300,000 dead Haitians during the earthquake were just ordinary people who did not particularly deserve to die in such a cruel way, weren't they ?
So why be so angry at Israel sending a team out there ? To be honest, I don't really care about Haiti but, hey, cholera is a horrible epidemic, and these are human beings. Don't we Jews have a notion of humanity ? If we can help, knowing that it won't be a burden on us, why not do it ?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:07:47 AM by yaakov mendel »