Author Topic: Marijuana in California  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Marijuana in California
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 12:24:09 PM »
  I see nothing wrong with my choice of language. I not only have a right to use it, but an obligation because we have to stand up to evil. I would use more offensive language to describe queers, except I have a limited vocabulary to describe these monstrosities that would be appropriate for a religious forum like this. Plus I try not to use dirty language anyway.
   If I offend a few of you, I'm not about to do the wrong thing just to look better and JTF has never caved in on it's values.

I stand strong to my beliefs unless one of the following occurs:

1. You can find a valid religious reason not to offend homosexuals
   2. Chaim directs me to stop
   3. A respectable Kahanist rabbi directs me to stop.

Perhaps if we want to attract more people to JTF, we can use our torah valued anti-queer message to do so.

What kind of ben Torah would ever throw around the term "fag" or other obscenities?  It is language not befitting a Jew!     We don't talk like toothless guys who run the circus.

Gimme a break  ::)

Ron, English is not your first language so you don't get it.    It's not befitting a Jew to throw around a slur like that.    There are other ways to say things.   

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 01:36:19 PM »
  I see nothing wrong with my choice of language. I not only have a right to use it, but an obligation because we have to stand up to evil. I would use more offensive language to describe queers, except I have a limited vocabulary to describe these monstrosities that would be appropriate for a religious forum like this. Plus I try not to use dirty language anyway.
   If I offend a few of you, I'm not about to do the wrong thing just to look better and JTF has never caved in on it's values.

I stand strong to my beliefs unless one of the following occurs:

1. You can find a valid religious reason not to offend homosexuals
   2. Chaim directs me to stop
   3. A respectable Kahanist rabbi directs me to stop.

Perhaps if we want to attract more people to JTF, we can use our torah valued anti-queer message to do so.

What kind of ben Torah would ever throw around the term "fag" or other obscenities?  It is language not befitting a Jew!     We don't talk like toothless guys who run the circus.

Gimme a break  ::)

Ron, English is not your first language so you don't get it.    It's not befitting a Jew to throw around a slur like that.    There are other ways to say things.   
Well if you want intend to insult than "fag" is the word to shoot. But "fag" is not a dirty word like, say, "m4r f4r". In Yiddish (and so also in Hebrew though rarely used) , there is the similar word "Fagale". 

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 03:32:31 PM »
Here is a question for you guys, If marijuana is such an evil drug than why does it have alot of medical bennefets for people who have cancer? Has marijuana alone killed anybody? How can marijuana be a gateway drug when the user might've already tried crack/cocaine or was about to do it anyways?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
Here is a question for you guys, If marijuana is such an evil drug than why does it have alot of medical bennefets for people who have cancer? Has marijuana alone killed anybody? How can marijuana be a gateway drug when the user might've already tried crack/cocaine or was about to do it anyways?

In my opinion pot is not an 'evil' drug. There is nothing about pot which makes it evil. There are medical benefits for cancer patients and those with chronic pain. Marijuana alone has not been shown to be fatal but there needs to be more research into the topic. There is no 'lethal dose' that I know of concerning marijuana. The long term effects on the lungs have to be investigated though I have seen some studies which shows that pot smoking may help prevent some cancers.

Regarding its gateway drug status... In general it is not a rule that if you smoke pot you will certainly get into other drugs. But a young person who likes to experiment with psycho-active chemicals may be inspired to try even more hard-core drugs such as LSD, Ecstasy, and eventually get into the Cocaine and Meth... I know this from personal experience. That is how I got into doing those hard-drugs {though I never ever even thought of trying Heroine}.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
I am happy they voted against legalizing.. If anyone knows about the Netherlands, it is legal there and people are stoned, if you take a good look at them they look like they have no control over their well being.  They say pot doesn't damage.. Oh yes it does, much more then cigarettes and cigarettes are so dangerous.  It controls sense and judgment.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 03:44:28 PM »
I am happy they voted against legalizing.. If anyone knows about the Netherlands, it is legal there and people are stoned, if you take a good look at them they look like they have no control over their well being.  They say pot doesn't damage.. Oh yes it does, much more then cigarettes and cigarettes are so dangerous.  It controls sense and judgment.

Actually what you say is not true according to my experience. Cigarettes are much more dangerous to the lungs and general health of the people. And it's affect on driving skills are not even comparable to the effect of alcohol. Of all the drugs there are Pot is the least harmful of them all, including Alcohol and Tobacco.

I do not smoke cigarettes nor do I drink alcohol..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »
I look at it this way. I could smoke pot and I wouldn't go use cocaine or methamphetamine. I could smoke pot and not cause a ruckus. It all comes down to personal responsibility. Legalize it already. Alcohol abuse causes far, far more deadly crimes than pot smoking and alcohol consumption is legal.

There is no logical arguement to banning pot but legalizing alcohol. Alcohol causes more assaults, domestic violence, car accidents, etc than pot smoking ever will. Cigarettes also put a far greater strain on the medical system by causing an innumerable amount of diseases because of all the chemicals in them.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 05:47:25 PM »
Unfortunately,  the research is clear: marijuana opens the door to over psychoactive substances.  There are anti-emetic/nausea properties that can be helpful, but this is no justification for widespread legalization

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 05:56:51 PM »
   I hate the smell of Marijuana. It also makes people do stupid things. While I don't mind someone smoking it behind closed doors in the privacy of their own home, I do mind having people smoke anything in my face. I also hate when people are so inconsiderate that they throw lighted cigarettes out of their windows. If they are not going a have the common sense to use an ash tray and litter, at least they can put it out first.
   My argument about the odor pollution extends to the incense that bums sometimes light on the street.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »
Unfortunately,  the research is clear: marijuana opens the door to over psychoactive substances.  There are anti-emetic/nausea properties that can be helpful, but this is no justification for widespread legalization

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 07:09:21 PM »

Didn't you already post this message verbatim? Why the duplicate?

You even duplicated the typo...

I think that you meant to say "... : marijuana opens the door to other psychoactive substances..."

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »

I think that you meant to say "... : marijuana opens the door to other psychoactive substances..."

Muman, he probably didn't do it on purpose.   Isn't that the most logical conclusion?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »

Muman, he probably didn't do it on purpose.   Isn't that the most logical conclusion?

Ok, I guess... Maybe he hit the 'Go back one page' button in his browser and re-posted the same post.. That is about the only way I can figure it could be done accidentally.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 11:18:43 PM »
In this respect, I believe Daniel was correct.
In what way was that troll correct? He drove away two of the best JTFers we've had and actually compared Orthodox Judaism to Nazism. If that isn't textbook for "scum of the earth", I don't know what is.

And the homosexual movement has plenty of blood on its hands, and I mean real blood. How many of history's great Nazis, including Shitler himself, were homosexuals? Does the name Jesse Dirkishing also ring a bell?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 12:02:56 AM »

Ok, I guess... Maybe he hit the 'Go back one page' button in his browser and re-posted the same post.. That is about the only way I can figure it could be done accidentally.

Probably posting from his phone.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2010, 12:43:24 AM »

yes, even though Holland is full of stoners, it will probably be the 1st country to save itself from Islam due to the rise of Geert Wilders.

see, it dosnt do that much brain damage

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 12:47:10 AM »
yes, even though Holland is full of stoners, it will probably be the 1st country to save itself from Islam due to the rise of Geert Wilders.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 01:53:46 AM »

Ba-zing!  :::D :::D :::D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 07:24:28 AM »
In this respect, I believe Daniel was correct.
In what way was that troll correct? He drove away two of the best JTFers we've had and actually compared Orthodox Judaism to Nazism. If that isn't textbook for "scum of the earth", I don't know what is.

And the homosexual movement has plenty of blood on its hands, and I mean real blood. How many of history's great Nazis, including Shitler himself, were homosexuals? Does the name Jesse Dirkishing also ring a bell?

Not that I particularly want to defend him, but, to be honest, he quickly apologized for that comparison and his apology sounded sincere to me. We can all say stupid things we later regret in the heat of the debate.