Author Topic: Germany honors Jewish Soldiers killed in ww1  (Read 1628 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Germany honors Jewish Soldiers killed in ww1
« on: November 08, 2010, 05:53:57 AM »
http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Article.aspx?id=194372 

Germany honors Jewish soldiers killed in WWI
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
11/07/2010 19:58

12,000 Jewish soldiers were killed in service for Germany in the war — a sacrifice that was little-heeded by the public and later denied by the Nazis.
Talkbacks (2)

Germany — German officials have laid wreaths in honor of the thousands of Jewish soldiers who died for the country in World War I.

German Deputy Defense Minister Christian Schmidt said Sunday at Frankfurt's Jewish cemetery that about 12,000 Jewish soldiers were killed in service for Germany in the 1914-18 war — a sacrifice that was little-heeded by the public and later denied by the Nazis.

RELATED:
Female rabbi trained in Germany set to be ordained
Lion's Dan: Germany’s Freiheit joins the fray

According to DAPD news agency, Schmidt told the ceremony that many Jewish citizens served as patriots in World War I and recalling their fate is a duty.

Gideon Roemer-Hillebrecht, representing a German Jewish soldiers' association, said that because of the Holocaust "there are today barely any relatives who can honor the dead together with us."

Some 50 soldiers are buried at the cemetery.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Germany honors Jewish Soldiers killed in ww1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »
It's good that they're finally honoring them but it seems too little too late. I mean they murdered some of the very Jews that had served. Those people can't be made alive again by some wreaths.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
The Germans can shove their medals/honors!!!! >:(

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »
I object to this dubious honor. If they want to commemorate the foolish Jews who fought and died in WW1, then lets not ignore the fact that these people sacrificed themselves for the wrong reasons. They were useless fools, or otherwise they were assimilated Jews who thought of themselves as Germans, even though in the end their successors were betrayed and murdered.

I had in my family fools who fought in WW1 for the central powers. Including a great uncle who fought for Austria and lost a leg, then later own lost the rest of himself in holocaust.

Just to be clear, I think that Jews shouldn't have fought on neither side. In general Jews in the exile should stay away from foreign conflicts that do not concern them.

Offline FreedomDefender

• JTFer in Exile
  • Senior JTFer
  • Hello kids. Say no to 3rd reich
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 02:37:28 PM »
Just to be clear, I think that Jews shouldn't have fought on neither side. In general Jews in the exile should stay away from foreign conflicts that do not concern them

Haim said something regarding this issue, and after some thoughts i think he is right.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »
Typical taqqiyah. Germany as we speak is trying to murder the descendants of these Jewish veterans.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 07:00:02 PM »
I object to this dubious honor. If they want to commemorate the foolish Jews who fought and died in WW1, then lets not ignore the fact that these people sacrificed themselves for the wrong reasons. They were useless fools, or otherwise they were assimilated Jews who thought of themselves as Germans, even though in the end their successors were betrayed and murdered.

I had in my family fools who fought in WW1 for the central powers. Including a great uncle who fought for Austria and lost a leg, then later own lost the rest of himself in holocaust.

Just to be clear, I think that Jews shouldn't have fought on neither side. In general Jews in the exile should stay away from foreign conflicts that do not concern them.

its hard to just not fight on either side when there is conscription...

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:48:38 AM »

I don't think so. If the Jews claimed they are a separate nationality which they are. In the USA for example, I don't think they had ever conscripted Amish, as well as some other Christians belonging to a pacifist church (quakers or something). I am pretty sure no ultra orthodox Jew had ever been conscripted either against his will.

During WW1 there were pacifist in Britain as well as in Germany who refused to be drafted. I believe that other national minorities in Britain (Irish) were not subject to mandatory conscription.

The Jews of the Othoman empire were not conscripted.

The only possible exception is the rabid antisemitic czarist Russia who for years had been using conscription as a method of persecution against the Jews.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 03:26:27 AM »

I don't think so. If the Jews claimed they are a separate nationality which they are.

But the problem is that most Galut Jews are more or less assimilated Jews, especially in countries where they can have a normal life without persecution or discrimination and be free and equal citizens, and, as such, they do not view themselves as a distinct people. They develop a strong sense of attachment and loyalty to the country where they were born and where they live. They become patriots in their country of residence. These assimilated Jews would never claim they are a separate nationality. Actually, they view this notion as antisemitic because they say it is used by Jew-haters to question their loyalty to their country.
The root of the problem is the life in the Exile because it leads to assimilation, especially in those countries where life is "good" for the Jews. It is only when Jew-hatred resurfaces that assimilated Jews are brought back to the realization that, no matter how hard they try to integrate and assimilate, they remain Jews.

Israeli Jews must understand that the notion of their own identity is more complicated and blurred for Galut Jews than for Jews who live in Israel.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 07:33:41 AM »
Are us Jews really this stupid to actually accept anything "positive" from Europe especially Germany? Why do I say this? Oh.....yeah the killing of 6 million Jews for nothing more than them being Jewish. Now, Germany is giving an "honor" to the Jewish soldiers of an almost 100 yaer old war? Are you kidding me? If Germany was going to have this commemoration, why wasn't it closer to the end of the war in which they are remembering?