Author Topic: Circumcision Ban in San Fran  (Read 2782 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Circumcision Ban in San Fran
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 05:37:44 AM »
This is a member of Jewish voices for peace blog,he wants his foreskin back

http://matthewtaylor.net/foreskinresources.htm
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 08:23:54 AM »
This is obviously a deliberately anti-Semitic law, but for the life of me I have never understood why Gentiles should be circumcised.

Hygeine
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 08:52:01 AM »
This is obviously a deliberately anti-Semitic law, but for the life of me I have never understood why Gentiles should be circumcised.

I don't either. I think it should only be allowed for religious people like Jews. To them it's a sign of the covenant, to the rest of the people why change the body that G-d created for a child as long as its healthy. If I ever had a son I wouldn't do that to them or put them through that pain for cosmetic reasons.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

I don't either. I think it should only be allowed for religious people like Jews. To them it's a sign of the covenant, to the rest of the people why change the body that G-d created for a child as long as its healthy. If I ever had a son I wouldn't do that to them or put them through that pain for cosmetic reasons.
I disagree, Rubystars.
If I had a son, I would have him circumcised.
Not for any cosmetic reason.
For health and hygiene reasons.
I just wanted to clarify that.
Not all non Jewish people that have their sons circumcised do it for cosmetic reasons.

Anyway, people should have the choice.  That is what I think.

Is this still America or not?  >:(
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 10:22:19 AM »
You know this joke?
At the end of the tax year the Tax Office sent an Inspector to Audit the books of a Synagogue.
While he was checking the books he turned to the Rabbi and said 'I notice you buy a lot of candles, What do you do with the candle drippings?'

'Good question' noted the Rabbi.
'We save them up and send them back to the candle makers, and every now and then they send us a free box of candles.'

'Oh' replied the auditor, somewhat disappointed that his unusual question had a practical answer. But on he went, in his obnoxious way:
'What about all these bread-wafer purchases? What do you do with the crumbs?'

'Ah, yes' replied the Rabbi, realizing that the inspector was trying to trap him with an unanswerable question.
'We collect them and send them back to the manufacturers, and every now and then they send us a free box of bread wafers.'

'I see' replied the auditor, thinking hard about how he could fluster the know-it-all Rabbi.
'Well, Rabbi' he went on, 'what do you do with all the leftover foreskins from the circumcisions you perform?'

'Here, too, we do not waste' answered the Rabbi.
'What we do is save all the foreskins and send them to the Tax Office, And about once a year they send us a complete pr*ck.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 11:31:49 AM »
Bullcat the whole idea of cutting a piece of the human body off that's functional and non-diseased bothers me. If you did it though, you'd be doing it for the right reasons more than many since for you it wouldn't be done to a son just for cosmetic purposes.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 05:42:31 PM »
There really is no "hygienic" reason for circumcision. It's a myth. The foreskin is more likely to trap STD pathogens than a penis without a foreskin, but if people would abide by Scriptural standards of morality, that would be no issue.

Same with the cancer risk--penile cancer comes from HPV (the same virus that causes cervical and some kinds of oral cancers), not [censored].

The only reason circumcision should be allowed should be for Jews, because G-d commanded it in the Bible. There is no reason why Gentile boys should be.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 06:12:07 PM »
There really is no "hygienic" reason for circumcision. It's a myth. The foreskin is more likely to trap STD pathogens than a penis without a foreskin, but if people would abide by Scriptural standards of morality, that would be no issue.

Same with the cancer risk--penile cancer comes from HPV (the same virus that causes cervical and some kinds of oral cancers), not [censored].

The only reason circumcision should be allowed should be for Jews, because G-d commanded it in the Bible. There is no reason why Gentile boys should be.
It should be a choice for all parents of newborn sons.
You can't just say there is no reason why Gentile boys should be circumcised.
I think it is the more hygienic and healthy choice. 

Do we not live in America anymore?  What's up with that?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »
So the big hygienic advantage is that I won't have to pull it back and wash it with soap and warm water.

Well, that's about as inconvenient as having to lift up my sack to clean under it. So why not cut off every infant boy's balls?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_to_clean_your_penis

You know, I really hate foot odor. I think all infants should have their feet cut off. At least have their ten toes cut off. Toes really harbor germs. This way, when they're adults, they won't have to wash their toes because they've been chopped off.

You know, many people have really bad breath. Teeth harbor germs and boy, they really stink. I think every new-born should have their teeth removed. And when they're 7 or 8, they should have their second set of teeth removed. This way when they're adults they won't have to be inconvenience with having to floss and brush their teeth. Hey, no teeth, no stink.

You know, arm-pits really stink. I can't stand that sour smell. I think new-borns should have both arms removed. Just image, no more sour smell, no more arm-pit fungus. Hey, no more arm-pits.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »
So the big hygienic advantage is that I won't have to pull it back and wash it with soap and warm water.

Well, that's about as inconvenient as having to lift up my sack to clean under it. So why not cut off every infant boy's balls?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_to_clean_your_penis

You know, I really hate foot odor. I think all infants should have their feet cut off. At least have their ten toes cut off. Toes really harbor germs. This way, when they're adults, they won't have to wash their toes because they've been chopped off.

You know, many people have really bad breath. Teeth harbor germs and boy, they really stink. I think every new-born should have their teeth removed. And when they're 7 or 8, they should have their second set of teeth removed. This way when they're adults they won't have to be inconvenience with having to floss and brush their teeth. Hey, no teeth, no stink.

You know, arm-pits really stink. I can't stand that sour smell. I think new-borns should have both arms removed. Just image, no more sour smell, no more arm-pit fungus. Hey, no more arm-pits.

I just love your posts, AngryChineseKahanist.
I don't agree with you on this one, but you made your point!
:::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
His post gave me this mental image of a baby with the skin of their arm pits cut out and replaced with skin grafts from their legs or something.  :::D

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2010, 06:19:07 PM »
It doesn't hurt at all:

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »
What is the meaning behind getting circumcised in the jewish religion?
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 06:26:44 PM »
It should be a choice for all parents of newborn sons.
You can't just say there is no reason why Gentile boys should be circumcised.
I think it is the more hygienic and healthy choice. 

Do we not live in America anymore?  What's up with that?
Show me where I said that it shouldn't be a choice. I just gave my opinion, which is backed up by present urological science, that there is no physical (i.e. non-religious) reason to do it.

G-d did not command the Israelites to circumcise their sons on the eighth day for "health" reasons. It was purely as an outward sign of the Jews' calling and distinctness from all other nations. There was no deeper reason than that. G-d commanded the Jews to do it, that's reason enough, but it does not apply to Gentiles.

As stated earlier within the past 15-20 years the "hygienic" rationale has been pretty well debunked. It is about sexually transmitted diseases, not simple cleanliness. 99% of penile cancer is caused by STDs which attack the foreskin (allowing 1% for skin cancers caused by sun exposure in primitive cultures or idiopathic reasons). If a man already has HPV or is likely to become sexually active it would probably be wise for him to have his foreskin removed but if he does not come into contact with STD pathogens, theres's really no reason to do it at all.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2010, 06:26:52 PM »
The way I see it, before soap and warm water was invented, men had all kinds of problems. So they decided to cut it off. Ouch. But I'm not against OTHER PEOPLE cutting their infant's thing off. Hey, cut the whole thing off. What do I care. Let the Jews do as they wish to their boys. The Jews aren't forcing everyone to cut their boys.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:42:28 PM by angryChineseKahanist »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 06:27:15 PM »
See my last post.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »
It doesn't hurt at all:

Of course it hurts.  Do what you choose but a few minutes of pain vs a life of hygienic extra maintenance sounds like a good trade.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2010, 07:17:47 PM »
Do what you choose but a few minutes of pain vs a life of hygienic extra maintenance sounds like a good trade.
Shouldn't it be the (Gentile) boy's choice though?

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »
Do what you choose but a few minutes of pain vs a life of hygienic extra maintenance sounds like a good trade.
Parents make choices for their kids.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2010, 08:04:19 PM »
This is a different kind of choice than what they wear, eat, etc. though.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »
No.  Parent's make decisions for children all the time.
No child makes their own medical decisions.
Done in adulthood, it is a much bigger deal.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:43 PM »
Parents make medical decisions for children

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2010, 09:44:41 PM »

Great question! It's a sign of the Jewish people's covenant with G-d.

"And G-d said unto Abraham: 'And as for thee, thou shalt keep My covenant, thou, and thy seed after thee throughout their generations. This is My covenant, which ye shall keep, between Me and you and thy seed after thee: every male among you shall be circumcised. And ye shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of a covenant betwixt Me and you. And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every male throughout your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any foreigner, that is not of thy seed." (Genesis 17:9-12)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2010, 09:48:43 PM »

Are you arguing against a Jewish parent giving their son a Brit? I hope not...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2010, 09:50:25 PM »

Are you arguing against a Jewish parent giving their son a Brit? I hope not...

I think he is talking about non Jews getting circumcised
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜