Author Topic: Are Mormons anti Israel  (Read 1192 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Are Mormons anti Israel
« on: November 22, 2010, 05:03:26 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=196383 

NGOs slam Marriott for hosting German-Iranian event
By BENJAMIN WEINTHAL JERUSALEM POST CORRESPONDENT
11/23/2010 01:33

United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) and the German chapter of Stop the Bomb protest hotel chain's decision to host "Iran Business Forum."

BERLIN – A Hamburg hotel’s decision on Monday to hold a controversial conference with an alleged violator of human rights to promote German-Iranian trade prompted protest by New York–based United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) and the German chapter of Stop the Bomb. The “Iran Business Forum,” which was organized by Berlin-based company IPCGmbH, was held at the Marriott Airport Hotel, sparking the two NGOs to call for a boycott of Marriott’s global properties.

The day-long event addressed “investment possibilities in the northwestern provinces of Iran” and the program listed Iran’s ambassador to Germany, Ali Reza Sheikh Attar, as the keynote speaker.

RELATED:
Germany: EU Iran sanctions don’t prohibit Hamburg bank
Kadima MK calls on German gov’t to confront Iran

Iranian Kurds and human rights groups say Attar sanctioned a massacre of Iranian Kurds during his tenure as governor of the Kurdistan and West Azarbaijan provinces from 1980 to 1985.

In a letter faxed to Marriott’s CEO, J.W. Marriott Jr., UANI President Mark D. Wallace wrote, “Ambassador Attar represents a criminal regime that flouts international law in developing an illegal nuclear weapon, brutally represses its own people, and is the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism.”

UANI called on Marriott to cancel the pro-Iran trade event.

“If the Marriott continues with its plans to serve as a host to the Iran Business Forum and Ambassador Attar, UANI will take action against the Marriott hotel chain worldwide. UANI will call on its activists to peacefully protest your properties, and will call for a general public boycott of all Marriott properties, “ wrote Wallace.

Wallace noted in his letter, “Rest assured we do not seek to harm any business gratuitously, but understand that the danger that a nuclear-armed Iran poses to national and international security is too great to ignore.

“Your decision to facilitate an event dedicated to increasing the level of economic cooperation between Germany and Iran runs directly counter to the efforts of the international community to isolate the Iranian regime,” he wrote.

Speaking from Hamburg, Andreas Benl, a Stop the Bomb activist who coordinated the protest at the Marriott against the Iran Business Forum, told The Jerusalem Post that roughly 20 people demonstrated against the pro-Iranian trade event. According to Benl, Marriott went ahead with the forum, and approximately 50 Germans and 50 Iranians attended the business conference.

Benl said the event “shows the brashness and barbarism of the regime” in Iran because two German journalists are currently imprisoned in a northwestern province in Iran for interviewing of the family of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, an Iranian woman who was sentenced to stoning for alleged adultery.

A similar campaign in February, driven by the German chapter of Stop the Bomb, succeeded in causing the Kempinski Hotel in Hamburg to pull the plug on an event with Iranian Ambassador Attar.

In a letter issued to the Marriott Hotel, Stop the Bomb wrote that by holding the event, the “hotel will support promotion of trade with a regime that brutally suppresses its own people, supports global terror, denies the Holocaust and threatens Israel with annihilation.

Events like this weaken international pressure on the Iranian regime in a dangerous way.” Stop the Bomb termed the business forum a “propaganda event for the Iranian regime.”

When asked about UANI and Stop the Bomb’s criticisms of Marriott, Elizabeth Caminiti, public relations director for Marriott’s European hotels, told the Post that “Regarding this event, we are a hospitality company that provides public accommodations and function space. Acceptance of business does not indicate support, or endorsement of any group or individual.”

Diba Parnian Fard, the head of IPC-GmbH, which organized the event, could not be reached for comment. A family member said she was in Hamburg at the forum and could not be reached. In a telephone interview with the Post, Nils Drescher, a manager at the hotel, expressed “concerns” about the pro-Iran event.

Marriot is owned by mormons they don't seem to fond of Jews

this link will point to some of marriott's pro muslim tendencies   

http://www.google.com/search?q=Marriott&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=sAh&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&q=Marriott+anti+Israel&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=b69933d19f024e3b
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: Are Mormons anti Israel
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »
Mormons always were pro Jewish as far as I know.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »
one of my best friends is Mormon and he is extremely pro-Israel.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »
They seem kind of neutral towards Israel in my experience.

Remember that they think Native Americans are "Jews".

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 07:18:14 PM »
They seem kind of neutral towards Israel in my experience.

Remember that they think Native Americans are "Jews".
Really?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »
Yes, the wannabe Mohammed Joseph Smith (ys"vz) taught that G-d punished the Jews by sending them to the New World and giving them dark skin.

I have never known any Mormon anti-Semites, but nor have I known any that are particularly pro-Israel. That being said, many individual Mormons are really great people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 07:26:54 PM »
I think it's an evil cult and needs to be shut down.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 07:42:30 PM »
Yes, the wannabe Mohammed Joseph Smith (ys"vz) taught that G-d punished the Jews by sending them to the New World and giving them dark skin.

I have never known any Mormon anti-Semites, but nor have I known any that are particularly pro-Israel. That being said, many individual Mormons are really great people.

I worked with a mormon gentleman many years ago. He and his family went on 'Mormon Missions' many times when I knew him. At that time I was not religious yet and I never had any theological discussions with him... But I don't think that they are anti-semitic...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »

that is not necessarily true, they believe that SOME jews were sent to america for punishment. most stayed as is. they do not deny that the modern jews are real jews and are the chosen people. one of my best friends is Mormon and he is very pro-Israel. while i disagree with Mormonism on theological grounds, the Mormons i know are very nice.

Offline lines

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »

Your only telling half the story. Mormons believe two tribes of Israel immigrated to the prior to Christopher Columbus. They were the lamanites and the nephites. The lamanites are considered the native americans and the nephites were considered to be another group of people who ended up losing in wars or something.

Joseph Smith claimed to have found gold plates left by the nephites that tell of the stories of nephites and lamanites in America. These plates became known as the book of mormon. Although no one alive has seen the gold plates and the public never saw the gold plates during Smiths time. The only people who claimed to see them were Smith and some close friends of his.

The book of mormon says that JEsus visited early AMerica and preached to the lamanites and nephites.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
It's still an insane religion no matter what.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 08:08:22 PM »

it may be theologically wrong, but it is not dangerous.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 08:11:22 PM »

Joseph Smith  and some of the Mormon folklore is a bit much to swallow however I can't say I have ever met a Mormon that made me feel uncomfortable... For the most part they are very normal people.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »
I should note that some extreme Mormons practice witchcraft, i.e. they indulge in necromancy, or attempting to contact the dead, when they perform "baptisms of the dead". However, I have not come across this in regular interactions with Mormons.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 08:30:04 PM »
Nazi missionaries.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 08:32:07 PM »
I should note that some extreme Mormons practice witchcraft, i.e. they indulge in necromancy, or attempting to contact the dead, when they perform "baptisms of the dead". However, I have not come across this in regular interactions with Mormons.

notify me when they start sacrificing their children, start blowing up airplanes, or do something else of a similar vicious, dangerous nature.
until then, i don't care what they do as long as it doesn't hurt Israel, the West, or other good people.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
I never said they were dangerous. They obviously aren't.

They were, however, when Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were alive, when they did engage in jihad against non-Mormon wagon trains.