Author Topic: Enough with the Catholic Bashing  (Read 23975 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Enough with the Catholic Bashing
« on: November 26, 2010, 02:08:13 AM »
Chaim has made his position on this very clear:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,12723.msg135999.html#msg135999

It's sad that people on here either don't listen to Chaim or don't show enough respect to honor his wishes.

"To post threads that insult Catholics makes no sense. This is playing into the hands of our enemies."

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Enough with the Catholic Bashing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:23:50 AM »
I agree. I have respect for all religions except Islam which has no respect for any non-Islamic religion.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline eclactus the great

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:36:44 AM »
I agree,i am a non believer jew but i have deep respect for every religion expect pisslam.Realy there are many beautiful things in the catholic sect like the colorful masses albeit i don't like the current pope.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:56:46 AM »
Im sorry but I dont respect Catholicism. History shows the Jews that the Catholic church is our enemy. How many Jews were sent to their deaths by Catholic priests, how many Inquisitions, how many popes who lecture about Jews being devils and that the church replaced the Jewish people as the Chosen nation?

I do not forgive the church. I do not hold what the church did to the Jewish people against those who may have been born into this religion. But I cannot understand how someone can call themselves Catholic yet reject the basic tenets of the religion? This is like those non-Orthodox Jews who try to tell the world what Judaism is... Those Catholics who do not listen to the pope are not good Catholics.... Those who do not follow the pronouncements of the person deemed by the Catholic religion to be the mouthpiece of their messiah and gods..

I will condemn the church to everlasting suffering...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
Im sorry but I dont respect Catholicism. History shows the Jews that the Catholic church is our enemy. How many Jews were sent to their deaths by Catholic priests, how many Inquisitions, how many popes who lecture about Jews being devils and that the church replaced the Jewish people as the Chosen nation?

I do not forgive the church. I do not hold what the church did to the Jewish people against those who may have been born into this religion. But I cannot understand how someone can call themselves Catholic yet reject the basic tenets of the religion? This is like those non-Orthodox Jews who try to tell the world what Judaism is... Those Catholics who do not listen to the pope are not good Catholics.... Those who do not follow the pronouncements of the person deemed by the Catholic religion to be the mouthpiece of their messiah and gods..

What? Are you insane? Catholics are way better than their luthern counterparts.And don't forget who were the first to fight pisslam in europe and hitler.Your post is reported.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »

Who are you to tell Catholics that they are not good Catholics just because they don't follow what the pope says?
People have minds of their own so they will not agree with everything the pope says because they will view somethings he says as wrong and not want to follow them.
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 10:07:13 AM »
No one should attack Catholic members. But Ruby, the Pope and his Vatican clique are enemies to me. End of story. If my stance is unacceptable, I will leave JTF.

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 10:09:36 AM »
No one should attack Catholic members. But Ruby, the Pope and his Vatican clique are enemies to me. End of story. If my stance is unacceptable, I will leave JTF.
I have many catholic friends,none of them agree with the pope.That's must mean something and i suspect the pope is not true catholic but a NWO agent.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »

What? Are you insane? Catholics are way better than their luthern counterparts.And don't forget who were the first to fight pisslam in europe and hitler.Your post is reported.

Who the hell do you think you are? I am a moderator...

You seem to know little about history newbie...

The Catholics were the ones who carried out mass executions of Jews during the Crusades and during the Inquisitions... Maybe you can learn a little something about history...

http://www.milknhoney.co.il/torah/hachodesh_blood_libel.html

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/384822/jewish/Troyes-Jews-Burned-at-Stake.htm
Troyes Jews Burned at Stake (1288)     

On the 20th of Iyar in 1288, thirteen Jews in Troyes, France, were burned at the stake by the Inquisition. They were accused, in a blood libel, of the supposed murder of a Christian child. The thirteen Jews were chosen from among the richer members of the community.

Jews were also killed in a blood libel in Neuchatel, Switzerland, on this date.

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/387132/jewish/The-Spanish-Inquisition.htm

The Spanish Inquisition (1481)     

The Inquisition was created in the twelfth century to find "Christian heretics" who would be punished or killed. Eventually, Jews too were open to such charges of heresy, simply for being Jewish; and torture was routinely used to extract "confessions." Over the years, the inquisition, which operated with Papal consent, spread to many countries.

In 1481 the Inquisition began to function in Spain to expose the secret Jews, known as the Anusim or Marranos. This Inquisition was anti-Jewish more than in any previous countries. The first public sentencing and burning alive of six marrano men and one woman by the Spanish Inquisition was held on this date in Seville in Southern Spain.

Following the start of the Spanish Inquisition many Jews fled Spain (see "Today in Jewish History" for Sivan 4).

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/297276/jewish/Spanish-Expulsion.htm

The Spanish Expulsion (1492)     

The Jews of Spain were expelled by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella on the 9th of Av of 1492, terminating many centuries of flourishing Jewish life in that country.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
http://www.aish.com/jl/h/48951681.html

The Spanish Inquisition

The Inquisition we are going to cover now is the Spanish Inquisition, which began officially by papal bull issued by Pope Sixtus IV on November 1, 1478.

(We should note, however, that the very first Inquisition actually took place in 1233 under orders from Pope Gregory IX to combat a group of French-Christian heretics called "Albigenses." This first Inquisition was relatively mild and did not as a rule sentence people to death. Not so the Spanish Inquisition which was directed against Jewish heretics.)

Unlike its earlier version, the Spanish Inquisition sought to punish Jews who had converted to Christianity but were not really "sincere" in their conversions.

There is a great deal of irony in this. First you tell people they have to convert or die, then, when they do convert, you decide to kill them anyway because their conversions are not "sincere."

There was another reason for the Inquisition, which had little to do with the sincerity of conversions. Once Jews converted to Christianity they had an open access to the playing field, economically and politically. And, of course, they prospered mightily. That engendered a lot of hostility from the Christians ― a pattern we have seen in Jewish history ever since the enslavement of the Israelites by the Egyptians.

The Christians began to call converted Jews "New Christians" to distinguish them from the "Old Christians" i.e. themselves. Derogatorily, Jewish converts to Christianity were called converses meaning "converts," or worse yet marranos, meaning "pigs."

The basic accusation was that these Jews were not real converts to Christianity ― they were secretly practicing Judaism. That was certainly often the case. There were large numbers of Jews who would be outwardly Christian but who would continue to practice Judaism secretly.

Until this day, there exist Christian communities with clear Jewish roots dating back to this time. There are people in the United States (in New Mexico and Arizona) as well as in South and Central America, who are descended from Spanish or Portuguese settlers, and who have strange customs they cannot explain. For example, even though they are Catholics, on Friday night they go down to the cellar to light candles. They don't know the origins of the custom, but they do it. These people are clearly descended from Jews who pretended to be Christians and yet were practicing Jewish rituals in secret.

The job of the Inquisition was to find such people, torture them until they admitted their "crime," and then kill them.

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »

Who the hell do you think you are? I am a moderator...

You seem to know little about history newbie...

The Catholics were the ones who carried out mass executions of Jews during the Crusades and during the Inquisitions... Maybe you can learn a little something about history...

http://www.milknhoney.co.il/torah/hachodesh_blood_libel.html

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/384822/jewish/Troyes-Jews-Burned-at-Stake.htm
Troyes Jews Burned at Stake (1288)     

On the 20th of Iyar in 1288, thirteen Jews in Troyes, France, were burned at the stake by the Inquisition. They were accused, in a blood libel, of the supposed murder of a Christian child. The thirteen Jews were chosen from among the richer members of the community.

Jews were also killed in a blood libel in Neuchatel, Switzerland, on this date.

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/387132/jewish/The-Spanish-Inquisition.htm

The Spanish Inquisition (1481)     

The Inquisition was created in the twelfth century to find "Christian heretics" who would be punished or killed. Eventually, Jews too were open to such charges of heresy, simply for being Jewish; and torture was routinely used to extract "confessions." Over the years, the inquisition, which operated with Papal consent, spread to many countries.

In 1481 the Inquisition began to function in Spain to expose the secret Jews, known as the Anusim or Marranos. This Inquisition was anti-Jewish more than in any previous countries. The first public sentencing and burning alive of six marrano men and one woman by the Spanish Inquisition was held on this date in Seville in Southern Spain.

Following the start of the Spanish Inquisition many Jews fled Spain (see "Today in Jewish History" for Sivan 4).

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/297276/jewish/Spanish-Expulsion.htm

The Spanish Expulsion (1492)     

The Jews of Spain were expelled by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella on the 9th of Av of 1492, terminating many centuries of flourishing Jewish life in that country.

Well,my mark in history is 100 so who are you to say i don not know history? I have the right to state my opinion Mr. Moderator and even chaim said that catholic bashing is unnecessary.According to your logic we should hate christians,pagan,assyrians,kurds,zoroastrians etc beacuse of the past regardless of the fact that today they are our greatests allies against islam.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 10:16:12 AM »
Let me repeat that I believe that there are Catholics who are born into the religion and they have a choice, a free will, to determine what they will follow. I have many friends who were born Catholic and yet rejected the faith because they found it to be the wrong faith. I even supported a man for seven years who was an Irish Catholic man, who had rejected his faith...

Every man is capable of determining what he believes once he reaches the age of adulthood. I will never accept a religion which violates so many of the tenets of my religion, and has risen its hand against my people again and again.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 10:17:09 AM »
I did not bash Catholics. I simply said I do not forgive the institution of the Church... And I proceeded to provide reasons why I do not forgive the Church.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 10:19:10 AM »
Who do you consider to be 'Our' greatest allies amongst those you listed?

You said you are not religious, which is sad to see.... But the Jewish belief is that we need nobody else besides our faith in G-d. Our Torah tells us to never rely on other nations because most of the time they will disappoint us.

The only way the Jewish people will survive is with absolute faith in Hashem alone, not in the strength of the nations.

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »
Let me repeat that I believe that there are Catholics who are born into the religion and they have a choice, a free will, to determine what they will follow. I have many friends who were born Catholic and yet rejected the faith because they found it to be the wrong faith. I even supported a man for seven years who was an Irish Catholic man, who had rejected his faith...

Every man is capable of determining what he believes once he reaches the age of adulthood. I will never accept a religion which violates so many of the tenets of my religion, and has risen its hand against my people again and again.

True,every person have free will.Not every catholic agree with the pope and that still does not make him any less catholic so your generalization of cathjolic and the catholic church is realy out of place.Especially in a forum that contain both jews and non jews.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 10:20:53 AM »

Who are you to tell Catholics that they are not good Catholics just because they don't follow what the pope says?
People have minds of their own so they will not agree with everything the pope says because they will view somethings he says as wrong and not want to follow them.

A part of the Catholic belief is that the Pope is the mouthpiece of their gods. How can you believe in a religion which one of the basic tenets is that the Pope is infallible, and yet call yourself someone who believes in that religion?

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
Who do you consider to be 'Our' greatest allies amongst those you listed?

You said you are not religious, which is sad to see.... But the Jewish belief is that we need nobody else besides our faith in G-d. Our Torah tells us to never rely on other nations because most of the time they will disappoint us.

The only way the Jewish people will survive is with absolute faith in Hashem alone, not in the strength of the nations.

Our greatest allies are the zoroastrians,indu and anti muslim christians.The torah is very nice but it is unrealistic to pursue an isloationist policy in modern times.Wem need allies against muslim scum and we need every possible man.

I have to go for kiddush now so i will probably be online again in a couple of hours.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 10:24:01 AM »

A part of the Catholic belief is that the Pope is the mouthpiece of their gods. How can you believe in a religion which one of the basic tenets is that the Pope is infallible, and yet call yourself someone who believes in that religion?

No one has to follow word for word what the pope says.
Like you said we have free will so with free will we don't have to follow him like sheep.
Even though I don't follow what the pope says word for word that does not mean I am not Catholic.
I am proud to be Catholic and when I have children they will be raised Catholic despite what people like yourself might think.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 10:25:41 AM »
Huh?

You are going to Kiddush yet you have no faith in the Torah? What kind of liberal hypocrite Jew are you?

You realize that JTF goes down for Shabbat because Jews are not allowed to use electricity on Shabbat, right? Do you drive on Shabbat? I would hope that you respect the Shabbat as a good Jew does...

This is not a game... History has a tendency to repeat itself. Remember that Essau hates Jacob and try to understand the pattern of History.

The Jewish peoples savior does not come from Zoroastoria, Hindu, or Christian hands.... It will come when Moshiach comes and leads the world in the revelation of Hashems hand in the world...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 10:28:22 AM »

Like you said we have free will so with free will we don't have to follow him like sheep.
Even though I don't follow what the pope says word for word that does not mean I am not Catholic.
I am proud to be Catholic and when I have children they will be raised Catholic despite what people like yourself might think.

Good for you... But if you teach your children that Jews go to hell for not believing in the false messiah then that is your downfall. I know that Catholics were taught this at least 20 years ago when a Catholic school mate came to me and told me I was going to Hell because I was a Jew. I was also told Jews were devils, etc....

Do not teach your children these things if you expect the relationship with Jews to improve.

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 10:29:25 AM »
Huh?

You are going to Kiddush yet you have no faith in the Torah? What kind of liberal hypocrite Jew are you?

You realize that JTF goes down for Shabbat because Jews are not allowed to use electricity on Shabbat, right? Do you drive on Shabbat? I would hope that you respect the Shabbat as a good Jew does...

This is not a game... History has a tendency to repeat itself. Remember that Essau hates Jacob and try to understand the pattern of History.

The Jewish peoples savior does not come from Zoroastoria, Hindu, or Christian hands.... It will come when Moshiach comes and leads the world in the revelation of Hashems hand in the world...

Oh,great.I am a secular so i must be a liberal.So let me tell you,i ahe homos,i ahte afro americans and sub saharans,i hate muslims and i believe democracy is wrong.Does that looking to you like liberalism? And yes,i am going to kiddush not for me but for my parrot,and i mean it seriously,it his one of his best chances to have superb food and to get outside the house for a couple of hours.I do not drive in shabbat but not our of respect but out of the fact i does not have a driving license.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 10:31:26 AM »

Good for you... But if you teach your children that Jews go to hell for not believing in the false messiah then that is your downfall. I know that Catholics were taught this at least 20 years ago when a Catholic school mate came to me and told me I was going to Hell because I was a Jew. I was also told Jews were devils, etc....

Do not teach your children these things if you expect the relationship with Jews to improve.

Where the hell did I say I hate Jews or that they are going to hell?
I will teach them to hate muslims.
The church that I attend does not teach Jews are going to hell nor have they ever called them any bad name what so ever.

Was your friend from 20 years ago any chance Polish?

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 10:33:07 AM »

The church that I attend does not teach Jews are going to hell nor have they ever called them any bad name what so ever.

Ah? Polish catholics are not THAT anti jewish.I am under the impression he is talking about a maronite.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »

Nope, Irish Catholics..

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »

Ah? Polish catholics are not THAT anti jewish.I am under the impression he is talking about a maronite.

No I worked with 3 polish men and their polish church did teach Jews killed Jesus and they are going to hell.
I would argue with them about that all the time.