Author Topic: Enough with the Catholic Bashing  (Read 24088 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Enough with the Catholic Bashing
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2010, 04:23:30 PM »
Ruby,

You started thsi thread and you bash plenty of people.  You're just selective in who you go after, Muman being your all time favorite.  I dont buy it--even a little bit.
I can't remember Ruby ever bashed anyone except for trolls.

I posted something wrong that caused hurt feelings but I'm trying to figure out what it was with some private messages. I think I did do something wrong but I'm not sure exactly what it was yet.
I don't think you did do something wrong, Rubystars.

JTFenthusiast - Why was it wrong for Ruby to start this thread? 

Being told that you are worse then your worst enemy...it's not a nice feeling.
At least Ruby is a decent enough person to realize how hurtful that is.
That is why she put herself out there to defend the Catholic members.
Don't you think something is wrong when you can drive a staunch ally away?
You can't have a better friend, or ally, then MasterWolf. 
I think Chaim can vouch for MasterWolf on that front.

Muman, in my opinion, should not presume to question how I practice my faith.  What doctrines of the church I choose to follow.  I would never do that to him.  I would never make fun of his beliefs.  A word like Jeebus (which he uses often) is offensive to Christians.  I can tell you that.  Maybe other members are afraid to say that.  The last time, I just tried to ignore that he wrote it that way.  Maybe, just maybe, that is why people are on the offensive when it comes to him.

Now...I know that a truce was called within the last few posts of this thread.  I do realize that.  Still, I had to speak my peace.  Sorry.

Thank you, Ruby.  I appreciate that you stuck your neck out to defend the Catholic friends you have on the forum.  BullCat

BullCat3,

I have explained why I said what I said. Concerning the issues you bring up, we can discuss them in private messages rather than continue this thread. I do not do things in order to offend others. I say things which I believe my faith teaches me to do. I am sorry if I have said things which irritate you.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »
Ruby,

You started thsi thread and you bash plenty of people.  You're just selective in who you go after, Muman being your all time favorite.  I dont buy it--even a little bit.

I posted something wrong that caused hurt feelings but I'm trying to figure out what it was with some private messages. I think I did do something wrong but I'm not sure exactly what it was yet.

Muman, in my opinion, should not presume to question how I practice my faith.  What doctrines of the church I choose to follow.  I would never do that to him.  I would never make fun of his beliefs.  A word like Jeebus (which he uses often) is offensive to Christians.  I can tell you that.  Maybe other members are afraid to say that.  The last time, I just tried to ignore that he wrote it that way.  Maybe, just maybe, that is why people are on the offensive when it comes to him.

Now...I know that a truce was called within the last few posts of this thread.  I do realize that.  Still, I had to speak my peace.  Sorry.

Thank you, Ruby.  I appreciate that you stuck your neck out to defend the Catholic friends you have on the forum.  BullCat

BullCat3,

I have explained why I said what I said. Concerning the issues you bring up, we can discuss them in private messages rather than continue this thread. I do not do things in order to offend others. I say things which I believe my faith teaches me to do. I am sorry if I have said things which irritate you.

I do not believe that your faith instructs you to write Jeebus.
I have many Jewish friends.  We are respectful of each other.  They would never think to do that.  So I can't understand why you want me to believe that is part of your faith.
Not one of them ever told me that their religion expected them to make fun of mine.
In fact, I never heard the expression Jeebus until I met you.
I live in New York where there are a lot of Jewish people.
I don't really use private message.  If we have something to say to each other, it is best out in the open.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2010, 04:55:34 PM »
Ruby,

BullCat3,

I have many Jewish friends.  We are respectful of each other.  They would never think to do that.  So I can't understand why you want me to believe that is part of your faith.
Not one of them ever told me that their religion expected them to make fun of mine.
In fact, I never heard the expression Jeebus until I met you.
I live in New York where there are a lot of Jewish people.
I don't really use private message.  If we have something to say to each other, it is best out in the open.

Do you really want to get into this in the open and re-open the question? I don't but I am prepared to defend my position. I am sure that there are others who will back me up too...

I have NO NEED to make fun of anyones religion. I do have a need to recognize that Hashem is the ONE G-d of Israel and that there is NO OTHER. You on the other hand have a need to attack me and accuse me of things I do not do. I pretty much let everyone believe what they want. But when it comes to issues of Jewish belief I will stand up about it.

http://www.bnti.us/observances_%26_rules.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:05:50 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »
Says the poster who loves to bash heterosexuals.  :laugh:

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:07 PM »
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2010, 05:06:45 PM »
Enough already with the fighting already.
This forum is filled with people of different faith can we all just agree that we are different and agree to work to a common goal?
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2010, 05:07:05 PM »

Well, we certainly do not believe he is our 'Saviour' as you do. The name Yehoshua is supposed to mean Savior... I do not believe he was Moshiach either... I will not call him christ {which means annointed in greek}.

While googling I came across Jeebus as a less-offensive way of referring to your messiah.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »
I'm not sure how this thread turned into a Serbs vs. non-Serbs thread. Boyana and voo-yoo, I don't know why you two feel the need to leave. You can have whatever opinion of Catholicism you desire, and neither of you have ever caused trouble. Nobody has a problem with you and Serbs in general thinking the Vatican is evil. This was never about you to begin with and I'm not sure why you feel that it is. Of course Chaim and the rest of us, Catholic members included, know what was done to Serbs in the name of Catholicism.

What this is really about is one poster here who is constantly making snide insults against Christians in general (and yes, Orthodox are included within that), and then pretends to have accidentally misspoken. If you want that person to win, go ahead and leave. If you don't, continue to post at JTF.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
Well, we certainly do not believe he is our 'Saviour' as you do. The name Yehoshua is supposed to mean Savior... I do not believe he was Moshiach either... I will not call him christ {which means annointed in greek}.

While googling I came across Jeebus as a less-offensive way of referring to your messiah.
Every real Jew over the age of five, worldwide, knows who Yeshu is. Please explain why you don't.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2010, 05:10:07 PM »
I'm not sure how this thread turned into a Serbs vs. non-Serbs thread. Boyana and voo-yoo, I don't know why you two feel the need to leave. You can have whatever opinion of Catholicism you desire, and neither of you have ever caused trouble. Nobody has a problem with you and Serbs in general thinking the Vatican is evil. This was never about you to begin with and I'm not sure why you feel that it is. Of course Chaim and the rest of us, Catholic members included, know what was done to Serbs in the name of Catholicism.

What this is really about is one poster here who is constantly making snide insults against Christians in general (and yes, Orthodox are included within that), and then pretends to have accidentally misspoken. If you want that person to win, go ahead and leave. If you don't, continue to post at JTF.

You bold faced liar... It's all about my posting how I do not forgive the Church which caused them to leave... You are some twisted little Satan aren't you DBF...

GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
Yikes,

You bold faced liar... It's all about my posting how I do not forgive the Church which caused them to leave... You are some twisted little Satan aren't you DBF...

GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG!

Yikes. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »
Yes... Yeshu = Yemach Shemo...
You know, before I met you, I had never met a Jew in my whole entire life who acts like this. In fact, I'm not entirely convinced I have.

You are some twisted little Satan aren't you DBF...
If this is some kind of attempt to turn my theology against me, it won't work. By your own theology, all you have done is called me a zealous, fierce prosecutor/judging agent of G-d.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »
Whatever... you can slander me all you want. The truth is I never said anything against anyone here. I spoke the truth about the history of the Church and why I would never forgive them. I do not believe in Christianity, and I find their beliefs concerning Jews to have caused countless Jewish deaths.

It is Chanukah and the Jews faught against those who tried to get them to give up their Jewish beliefs. The Church sent Jews to the stake and made them accept a religion which is considered heresy according to Jewish belief. Those martyrs died Al Kiddush Hashem {To Sanctify the Name of G-d}. They did not die so that in the future they would be forgotten, and the Church would then be able to destroy future Jewish generations. They died in order to pass on the message that it is worth fighting to be a Jew.

I did nothing wrong but speak up for the souls of those who died Al-Kiddush Hashem.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2010, 05:17:42 PM »

If I did not know better I would say you were watching a little to much of the Simpsons cartoon :::D  I am glad I don't have problems like this it would be to stressful. Thank G-d I can write what needs to be written.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »
Yes... Yeshu = Yemach Shemo...
You know, before I met you, I had never met a Jew in my whole entire life who acts like this. In fact, I'm not entirely convinced I have.

You are some twisted little Satan aren't you DBF...
If this is some kind of attempt to turn my theology against me, it won't work. By your own theology, all you have done is called me a zealous, fierce prosecutor/judging agent of G-d.

Yes, you are THE MOST judgemental of anyone here. Every day you condemn people to go to hell for their iniquity. Every day you testify against people just as Satan does... You are doing your job...

But you are persecuting me for your own prurient interest. I look at what I have written and I do not have shame. I feel bad for those who do not understand what I am saying. I do not hate anyone for their beliefs. When I have a problem is when those people take out their hatred on the Jewish people, as my family has witnessed through the ages.

I am sorry that this thread has taken this turn. I am very upset at some of you here. I thank JTFEnthusiast and Ron Ben Michael for their contribution.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2010, 05:25:38 PM »

Less offensive to whom?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2010, 05:32:43 PM »

Less offensive to whom?

Look at the Urban Dictionary site... Many of the definitions refer to either the Simpsons usage and-or a 'less-offensive' way of referring to the Christian messiah.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jeebus&page=2

#8 : A less religiously-offensive version of "Jesus" used often in place of saying the Lamb of God's name in vain. The origin of the word stems from Homer Simpson from the show THE SIMPSONS

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2010, 05:34:07 PM »

Less offensive to whom?

Look at the Urban Dictionary site... Many of the definitions refer to either the Simpsons usage and-or a 'less-offensive' way of referring to the Christian messiah.

#8 : A less religiously-offensive version of "Jesus" used often in place of saying the Lamb of G-d's name in vain. The origin of the word stems from Homer Simpson from the show THE SIMPSONS

LOL, Muman, I don't want to publicly embarrass you so I'm sending you a message in private about this...

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2010, 05:43:38 PM »

I didn't say I wanted to leave. That would be only in case if Chaim says that the Pope and his organization are not to be spoken of in negative context. I wouldn't accept that. That doesn't mean I would bash Catholic theology. For me, the Pope is a politician.
About Muman, I don't have a problem with him. He wouldn't speak about "Jeebus" if some Christian members didn't feel the the need to constantly mention Christian holidays, what Jesus said etc. This is after all, a Jewish forum. There are many other theological forums, this one is primarily political. And let's be honest here, Jews have every right to be suspicious about Christianity. 2000 years of history prove that. As I see it, every non Jew is here to show support as an individual, not as a member of some church or a nation, because churches and nations don't support Israel and Jews.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2010, 05:43:46 PM »

Less offensive to whom?

#8 : A less religiously-offensive version of "Jesus" used often in place of saying the Lamb of G-d's name in vain. The origin of the word stems from Homer Simpson from the show THE SIMPSONS
Simpsons usage... :::D
Ok ~ if Homer Simpson uses that expression do you think it's not offensive?
Come on, Muman.  That is the whole point of Homer Simpson.  He's stupid and obnoxious.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »

I didn't say I wanted to leave. That would be only in case if Chaim says that the Pope and his organization are not to be spoken of in negative context. I wouldn't accept that. That doesn't mean I would bash Catholic theology. For me, the Pope is a politician.
About Muman, I don't have a problem with him. He wouldn't speak about "Jeebus" if some Christian members didn't feel the the need to constantly mention Christian holidays, what Jesus said etc. This is after all, a Jewish forum. There are many other theological forums, this one is primarily political. And let's be honest here, Jews have every right to be suspicious about Christianity. 2000 years of history prove that. As I see it, every non Jew is here to show support as an individual, not as a member of some church or a nation, because churches and nations don't support Israel and Jews.

What?
Muman brings up Christianity and Catholics more then any Catholic member of the forum does.
Remember there were Christian members here long before Muman, and some other agitators, and there was never this level of tension.
So stop it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2010, 05:51:12 PM »
Oh Boy!

It seems I am doing a terrible job in expressing what I am saying.

1) I did not intend to offend anyone by using the name.

2) I have heard this name used by others and I did not realize it was offensive.

In general I try very hard not to use names of gods of others because the Torah clearly says that a Jew is not to speak the names of other gods (See Exodus 23:13) . This is explained because Hashem is a jealous G_d. In order not to say the name I will often substitute letters and alternate spellings. But it is not because I think that it insults them, it is because I do not want to accept the divinity of anything other than Hashem.

Once again. I am not making judgements of others here.

I think this thread should be locked... I can do it but I would prefer someone else do it..

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:07:56 PM by muman613 »

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2010, 06:03:21 PM »
Says the poster who loves to bash heterosexuals.  :laugh:
   DBF, I know that when you don't take your medications, you become psychotic.  Please take your meds as prescribed.  But assuming you were telling the truth (you are a consummate liar as Muman points out), if I bashed heterosexuals, what would that have to do with you?????  You'd be all in the clear as far as I, and anyone else who can read a book, can see.  You and one or two other members here know more about homosexuality than anyone, any of us  have ever met combined.  I mean you constantly talk about 'butch sodomites' vs. 'effeminate queers.' Let's face it girl: you know more about faggotry than 99.999 percent of the population!!!  What is with that brother?  Do you get your knickers in a twist when your monthly issue of playgirl is late?  Come on, your secret is safe (well not really) with your brothas and sistas at JTF, mm hmmm
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:12:55 PM by JTFenthusiast2 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2010, 06:12:05 PM »
Voo-yoo, tell me when Christian members pushed Christian doctrine at JTF.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »
JTFenthusiast - your last post is way over the line.  Very unlike you.  I don't consider you mean spirited.  You are way more intelligent then that.