Author Topic: Mike Huckabee Calls for Wikileaks Leakers Execution  (Read 2516 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Mike Huckabee Calls for Wikileaks Leakers Execution
« on: December 04, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
I wonder how this will be received by some JTF members?

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=197640

Huckabee: Execute whoever leaked WikiLeaks cables
By JPOST.COM STAFF
02/12/2010    

2012 Republican presidential hopeful says US gov't employee responsible for leak is guilty of treason, has blood on hands.

Former Arkansas governor and 2012 Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee called for the execution of whoever is responsible for the leaking of 250,000 US diplomatic cables on the WikiLeaks website this week, according to a Wednesday report on the Guardian's website.

"Whoever in our government leaked that information is guilty of treason, and I think anything less than execution is too kind a penalty," Huckabee stated.

RELATED:
WikiLeaks founder 'wanted' by Interpol over rape claims
Wikileaks founder: 'Obama stifles freedom of the press'

"They've put American lives at risk. They put relationships that will take decades to rebuild at risk. They knew full well that they were handling sensitive documents they were entrusted...and anyone who had access to that level of information was not only a person who understood what their rules were, but they also signed, under oath, a commitment that they would not violate. They did … Any lives they endangered, they're personally responsible for and the blood is on their hands," he added.

US army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning is suspected of leaking the cables. He has been charged with transferring classified data and delivering national defense information to an unauthorized source. He faces up to 52 years in prison. Manning is currently being held at a military base.

Huckabee joined another potential Republican candidate Sarah Palin in calling for harsh punishments for those involved in the WikiLeaks affair. Palin said that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange should be "hunted down."

University of Calgary Professor Tim Flanagan on Wednesday called for the assassination of Assange in a television interview with Candadian state broadcaster CBC.

Flanagan helped organize the campaign of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper in 2003. He also served as the Conservative Party's campaign manager in Canada's general elections in 2004 and 2006. He retired in 2006 and became a full-time teacher.

"Well I think Assange should be assassinated actually," Flanagan said about Assange. "I think Obama should put out a contract and maybe use a drone or something," he suggested.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Mike Huckabee Calls for Wikileaks Leakers Execution
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:26:34 AM »
I think he's extremely wrong about this. No matter what presidential candidate we support though, there's going to be something wrong with all of them.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 12:34:18 AM »
lol wow.

He's worried that the US relationship with qatar might have been harmed, therefore kill people. Glad we've got the priorities straight.

On the other hand, he didn't mention anything about wikileaks or assange.   He is speaking about the guy who first gave up the doc's from the inside, and he's right that that person violated his oaths etc.    But what lives were endangered?     The house of cards is falling and everyone is ducking for cover now, huckabee included

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 01:24:57 AM »
Rofl

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:11:06 AM »
Was it not a treasonous act to leak those documents?
How is what he said wrong?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 05:24:16 AM »
I could not agree with Huckabee more... What that filthy little fruit Assange did will in the long run cause a great deal of problems... He not only caused problems for the U.S but a great many other countries also... People who toss [censored] against the fan to see where it will blow often end up getting some of it on themselves... As for Assange his time is coming! If Huckabee keeps talking like that there may be some hope for him in 2012.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:39:49 AM »
I completely disagree with Hackbee. I feel sorry for Bradly Manning who might be facing a long term prison sentence. All the information he leaked is information the public has the right to know. The US government had no right to hide civilian casualties of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and then to also have on top of that the gal to condemn Israel for every little incident with civilians in Gaza or Lebanon. When you are fighting an enemy that uses civilians as human shield you should expected such losses and the public should be aware of that.

The recent "cable gate" is another uncovering of corrupt deceitful governments lying and misleading their public. We should thank whomever leaked this information. This is no treason, in the civilian world it is called "whistle blowing". 

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 06:09:43 AM »
How do you discriminate between what we have a right to know about and what endangers us?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 06:42:24 AM »
How do you discriminate between what we have a right to know about and what endangers us?
Obviously there are secretes that should be hidden. Mainly it is information that if it falls to enemy hands it can be used to heart you or protect the enemy. But things like statistics about war casualties, or lies of the government to the public about its foreign policy shouldn't be hidden.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 07:18:17 AM »
I don't think they should be killed but I do think the original leaker should be in trouble, maybe with a prison sentence, because if leaks like that are tolerated something more important might get out later.

I do think people had a right to know the information that was leaked, but I think it should have been done through appropriate channels like getting it declassified.

I just don't think Huckabee's priorities are very straight if he cares so much about Qatar. Huckabee doesn't really have room to talk. Isn't he the one who released a violent criminal?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 07:26:48 AM »
I completely disagree with Hackbee. I feel sorry for Bradly Manning who might be facing a long term prison sentence. All the information he leaked is information the public has the right to know. The US government had no right to hide civilian casualties of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and then to also have on top of that the gal to condemn Israel for every little incident with civilians in Gaza or Lebanon. When you are fighting an enemy that uses civilians as human shield you should expected such losses and the public should be aware of that.

The recent "cable gate" is another uncovering of corrupt deceitful governments lying and misleading their public. We should thank whomever leaked this information. This is no treason, in the civilian world it is called "whistle blowing". 
No, I would have to disagree with you here most of all about Manning... If I had my way he would be shot... A civilian doing something like he did is bad enough however a US Army soldier accused of leaking classified information while serving as an intelligence analyst in Iraq should be put in the brig for life or even executed...Much of the statistical information would be available eventually under the freedom of information act... We did not need to know all the remaining garbage... When the United States is no longer able to fight the muslims terrorist advances I wonder who in the world  will pickup the ball?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 07:30:09 AM »
I agree with huckabee because what was leaked can kill innocent people and it should be done to set an example for something much worse such as stealing info on the location strategies of troops.

However this current wikileaks hubbub shows the truth of how evil the us govt has been and how incompetent they have been. I wouldn't mind leaks of how the govt steals and wastes our tax money.

And fruitcake assuage should get a bullet in his head. He is no hero.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 07:37:15 AM »
Did the guy who stole the documents do it for the moral reasons to show that the us govt  is lying and self serving?  Or did he do it because he hates America and wants her to be destroyed by her enemies?  I think it was the latter.  And tests why I agree with huckabee for the guy to be executed.

If the guy was being a whistle blower to prove us selfish incompetence and to wake up America to these evil leaders and foes then jail time is appropriate.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 07:47:47 AM »
It's funny that Bradley Manning is facing a lesser penalty than Jonathan Pollard for doing much worse.

As for Huckabee, he's the best of a bad lot, not the perfect candidate, like Moshe Feiglin.

Everybody who is bashing Wikileaks: What "sensitive relationships" has Wikileaks ruined? Our "alliances" with satanic Islamic states?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 09:38:19 AM »
I have to tell you that virtually all the leaked information is the kind of information that is routinely leaked within 5 minutes of its inception in Israel, and usually with no consequence for the leaker.

These leaks are very much different from for example the case of Anat Kam who practically committed espionage revealed intel of things like order of battle and secrete operations.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
I have to tell you that virtually all the leaked information is the kind of information that is routinely leaked within 5 minutes of its inception in Israel, and usually with no consequence for the leaker.

These leaks are very much different from for example the case of Anat Kam who practically committed espionage revealed intel of things like order of battle and secrete operations.
I'm not willing to wait until it's a 'serious' leak. 
They should set the precedent now.
I'm with Huckabee.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
It's funny that Bradley Manning is facing a lesser penalty than Jonathan Pollard for doing much worse.

As for Huckabee, he's the best of a bad lot, not the perfect candidate, like Moshe Feiglin.

Everybody who is bashing Wikileaks: What "sensitive relationships" has Wikileaks ruined? Our "alliances" with satanic Islamic states?

DBF schools all of you!!!! You know what puts American lives at risk? Having young Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan trying to "Nation Build" basically serving as sitting ducks for Muslim terrorists. Having American troops in these G-d forsaken hell holes is far more dangerous than words printed on a piece of paper that Wikileaks decided to put online.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »

Amen.  You said it best Baltimore

DBF schools all of you!!!! You know what puts American lives at risk? Having young Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan trying to "Nation Build" basically serving as sitting ducks for Muslim terrorists. Having American troops in these G-d forsaken hell holes is far more dangerous than words printed on a piece of paper that Wikileaks decided to put online.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »

Actually the leaks have damaged all diplomatic relations, not just with Islamic states. I don't know why others have not read about the information about the European leaders {such as Italy's Berlesconi, and David Cameron the PM of UK} which is embarrassing and unflattering? I will try to provide some links so you can understand the destructive nature of the leaks. The issues concerning Israel/Iran and the middle east are only a small fraction of the information illegally released.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333807/WikiLeaks-Unflattering-US-assessment-Cameron-Gordon-Brown-released.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/12/02/wikileaks.berlusconi/
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-Pacific/2010/1202/Australia-braces-for-its-own-WikiLeaks-damage-control

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 12:22:28 PM »
Who cares about Nazi Italy and England????  Those broke and indebted countries depend on the USA for their very financial and physical existence.  Everyone already knew that Italy's PM was a corrupt vile womanizer with no morals. You are listening too much to the mainstream media. If these countries did not want to be embarrassed in the first place then they should never have been engaging in embarrassing behavior!  The more these people have to worry about their corruption, financial rape, and indulgences being exposed the less likely they will ever try to commit them again in the future.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 12:33:04 PM »
Who cares about Nazi Italy and England????  Those broke and indebted countries depend on the USA for their very financial and physical existence.  Everyone already knew that Italy's PM was a corrupt vile womanizer with no morals. You are listening too much to the mainstream media. If these countries did not want to be embarrassed in the first place then they should never have been engaging in embarrassing behavior!  The more these people have to worry about their corruption, financial rape, and indulgences being exposed the less likely they will ever try to commit them again in the future.

That is not the point. Diplomacy is something which has been around for a long time, it is not something which just was invented by the Obama administration. When the doors to diplomacy are damaged, then a lot of rogue states are allowed to do what they want. Now that all those who deal with American diplomats will have to worry that what they say 'in secrecy' will be jeopardized by leaking.

There are occasions when a foreign government will say one thing to diplomats and another for public consumption. That is what happened with the Saudi Arabian diplomats who were calling for the 'cutting off the head of the snake'. They would not tell this to their public, and thus they were doing everyone a favor by admitting that they were against Iran getting nuclear weapons and still maintaining the illusion of being a peaceful Islamic state. But now that the revelation came out they cannot do so without worrying about what their people think. Same thing with some of the revelations about Egypt...

America is nowhere near perfect. But in the long picture America has an interest in world peace.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »

That is not the point. Diplomacy is something which has been around for a long time, it is not something which just was invented by the Obama administration. When the doors to diplomacy are damaged, then a lot of rogue states are allowed to do what they want. Now that all those who deal with American diplomats will have to worry that what they say 'in secrecy' will be jeopardized by leaking.

There are occasions when a foreign government will say one thing to diplomats and another for public consumption. That is what happened with the Saudi Arabian diplomats who were calling for the 'cutting off the head of the snake'. They would not tell this to their public, and thus they were doing everyone a favor by admitting that they were against Iran getting nuclear weapons and still maintaining the illusion of being a peaceful Islamic state. But now that the revelation came out they cannot do so without worrying about what their people think. Same thing with some of the revelations about Egypt...

America is nowhere near perfect. But in the long picture America has an interest in world peace.

The American GOVERNMENT, which was hurt by these leaks has an interest in a world peace that does NOT INCLUDE Israel in the equation. The American GOVERNMENT's definition of peace is for Israel to commit suicide and surrender territory to the Muslims in exchange for worthless pieces of paper.

It seems a lot people on this forum are worried about the so-called "Moderate" Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc... being destabilized by these leaks that show they are willing to support an Israeli strike on Iran. If these leaks destabilize those governments then that is GOOD for the PEOPLE of Israel and America, because the "Moderate" Islamic countries are more of a threat in the long-run than the "Extremists" Islamic countries like Iran that opening call for the destruction of Israel in both English and Farsi!!!
"Moderate" Islamic countries are run by an elite that also seeks the destruction of Israel in the long-run, but they are smart enough to see that Iran is a bigger threat in the short-run. It is these "Moderate" Islamic countries that always get Israel to move closer to the path of suicide by surrendering whatever little amount of territory Israel has left.

Huckabee by his comments show that he is nothing, but an ill-informed establishment SHILL!!!
First off Assange is NOT an American citizen, so he CANNOT be accused of Treason!

Secondly, there is Freedom of the Press, the Pentagon Paper's case (where the NY Times (yes they are leftists but even a broken clock is right twice a day) published secret pentagon papers from a leaker insider the pentagon, which showed that the U.S. government lied about the reasons for going to war in Vietnam, and was lying about the ability of the U.S. military to win the "hearts and minds" of the Vietnamese in South Vietnam) established that the publisher of classified info has the right to publish it EXCEPT in exceptional cases  such as when the information to be published would include "the sailing dates of transports or the number and location of troops."- http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/United+States+v.+New+York+Times

To those who support shutting down the free press in these situations do you realize what a dangerous precedent you are setting? If you believe Assange should be shut down for publishing what is at worst minor level classified info THEN how can you support freeing Pollard who released MAJOR classified info?
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »
So you will throw all diplomacy out the window because of freedom of press? Regarding the Pentagon Papers case I am against the leak because of my father being against it, he considered the leakers to be guilty of treason. The reason we lost the war was not because we could not win, but because the left was doing everything to undermine this country.

There are laws which need to be enforced or else the entire system will come crumbling down. Treason was given the penalty of death because when one commits treason they endanger the entire country and all of its citizens. Who is to say what Wikileaks is going to release in its next release, who knows who else it will hurt, what level of secrecy they will be? I do not trust these leakers, and I don't think they are doing this to help Israel at all. The left has no love for Israel and it is the leftists who are supporting the leaks.

Offline Baltimore

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »

To those who support shutting down the free press in these situations do you realize what a dangerous precedent you are setting? If you believe Assange should be shut down for publishing what is at worst minor level classified info THEN how can you support freeing Pollard who released MAJOR classified info?

Incredible point about Pollard.

I do not think anyone has to say they are pro-Wikileaks, but I hope everyone here is anti-anti-Wikileaks. Some of these people in the mainstream media who want to defend the establishment governments of the world and basically call for an end to freedom of the press are downright evil.

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 01:14:42 PM »
So you will throw all diplomacy out the window because of freedom of press? Regarding the Pentagon Papers case I am against the leak because of my father being against it, he considered the leakers to be guilty of treason. The reason we lost the war was not because we could not win, but because the left was doing everything to undermine this country.

There are laws which need to be enforced or else the entire system will come crumbling down. Treason was given the penalty of death because when one commits treason they endanger the entire country and all of its citizens. Who is to say what Wikileaks is going to release in its next release, who knows who else it will hurt, what level of secrecy they will be? I do not trust these leakers, and I don't think they are doing this to help Israel at all. The left has no love for Israel and it is the leftists who are supporting the leaks.

You said follow the law or "the entire system will come crumbling down"! Then according to the law you prosecute the LEAKER NOT the Publisher! As for the entire system crumbling if by that you mean the current diplomatic state of affairs where Western countries kowtow to Islamic countries then there is nothing wrong with that happening!

Also the reason we lost in Vietnam was because the Pentagon and Establishment didn't want to win, just like they don't really want to win in Iraq or Afghanistan! Just like in Iraq and Afghanistan, in Vietnam our military had its hands tied behind its back, and was told to do the impossible of trying to "win the hearts and minds" of the Vietnamese people!
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides