Author Topic: catastrophic floods in my country (pictures)  (Read 904 times)

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
catastrophic floods in my country (pictures)
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »
My city is almost all under water. Two rivers Sava and Drina are above their levels. God help us. Israel is under fire and we are under water.

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Re: catastrophic floods in my country (pictures)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
SA,

Wow, that looks terrible. I hope you are staying high, dry, and safe... I have only witnessed one minor flood in my life and it was not fun. Had to spend the whole day piling sand-bags in front of my doors and garage to prevent the water from entering the house. But the flood you are experiencing looks many times worse than the flood I experienced.

Let us ask Hashem to protect all the good people and give them time to repair the damage caused by this flood.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 11:46:50 AM »
SA,

Wow, that looks terrible. I hope you are staying high, dry, and safe... I have only witnessed one minor flood in my life and it was not fun. Had to spend the whole day piling sand-bags in front of my doors and garage to prevent the water from entering the house. But the flood you are experiencing looks many times worse than the flood I experienced.

Let us ask Hashem to protect all the good people and give them time to repair the damage caused by this flood.

Thank you for your kind words. Village where my father was born and our ancestors will be under water tonight because of river Sava. People ran for their lives today to a safe locations. Government is doing the best they can to rescue people and animals. Many of my friends lost their houses in this floods and weekend houses near rivers. I got messages that they is no electricity and its very cold. Cold winter will prevent houses to dry up. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:22:53 PM by serbian army »

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 12:36:52 PM »
This is terrible! This is a tragedy!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 02:03:55 PM »
I always imagined Serbia as a hilly country, but I guess it has plains too. I hope there is no damage to life.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »
I always imagined Serbia as a hilly country, but I guess it has plains too. I hope there is no damage to life.
It's mostly hilly, but this looks like Semberija, Republika Srpska, northeastern Bosnia, which is flat.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »
It's mostly hilly, but this looks like Semberija, Republika Srpska, northeastern Bosnia, which is flat.
Yes, this is Semberija. Water is coming close to Racanska Street where many high schools are located. Army is helping out and is using boats to rescue citizens. Never in history was such a great flood in this area. Bijeljina is the second largest city in Republic of Serpska. This is total disaster.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 02:30:22 PM »
I hope all the families will be safe and if possible their pets too.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 09:28:37 PM »

My friends sent me those pictures...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 09:48:51 PM »
Wow, this is a terrible tragedy.   I hope you will stay safe and secure, serbian army.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 09:52:11 PM »
Terrible news from back home SA!
My family is from Voivodina, so I know how this can be devastating to an already fragile economic state.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 10:52:52 PM »
I am really, really sorry Serbian Army.  :'(