Author Topic: Mix Martial Arts fighting becoming huge in Israel  (Read 1074 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Mix Martial Arts fighting becoming huge in Israel
« on: December 10, 2010, 11:11:39 AM »
Nice to see some tough Jewish guys in the octagon, hopefully they will dominate like they did in boxing :)

this is from the Genesis event in Israel, there were 7000 people that attended at the Nokia center. IFC means Israel Fighting Championship.

Did anyone here attend it?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:29:47 PM by White Israelite »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Mix Martial Arts fighting becoming huge in Israel
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »
No but i read it's becoming big in Israel
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:07:03 PM »
The real martial art is krav maga and mma is really cool a great workout and a great sport

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:17:47 AM »
Krav Maga is a combat/military martial art, big difference.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
Where did those shvartzas come from?   Were the fighters Israeli, or they brought international fighters to entertain Israeli fans?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »
Where did those shvartzas come from?   Were the fighters Israeli, or they brought international fighters to entertain Israeli fans?

Some were Israeli.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:07:08 PM »

Some were Israeli.

Oh.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »
I think Bas Rutten is a bit into Krav Maga lately. I also read Krav Maga is based on the russian 'systema'.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 05:38:34 PM »
I think Bas Rutten is a bit into Krav Maga lately. I also read Krav Maga is based on the russian 'systema'.

According to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_maga

History

Krav Maga was developed in Czechoslovakia in the 1930s[1] by Imi Lichtenfeld, also known as Imi Sde-Or (Sde-Or–"Light Field"–a calque of his surname into Hebrew). He first taught his fighting system in Bratislava in order to help protect the local Jewish community from the Nazi militia. Upon arriving in the British Mandate of Palestine, Lichtenfeld began teaching Kapap to the Haganah, the Jewish underground army. With the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Lichtenfeld became the Chief Instructor of Physical Fitness and Krav Maga at the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) School of Combat Fitness. He served in the IDF for 15 years, during which time he continued to develop and refine his hand-to-hand combat method.[14] In 1964 he left the military though continued to supervise the instruction of Krav Maga in both military and law-enforcement contexts, and in addition, worked indefatigably to refine, improve and adapt Krav Maga to meet civilian needs.[15]The first students receiving a black belt 1st Dan were Eli Avikzar, Rafi Elgarisi, Haim Gidon, Haim Zut, Shmuel Kurzviel, Haim Hakani, Shlomo Avisira, Vicktor Bracha, Yaron Lichtenstein, Avner Hazan and Miki Asulin.[16]

In 1978, Lichtenfeld founded the non-profit Israeli Krav Maga Association (IKMA) with several senior instructors. The Israeli Krav Maga Association has existed continuously from that day and is still located in Netanya Israel. Grand Master Haim Gidon was elected President of the IKMA by an assembly and a vote of over twelve hundred members and still serves as President, Grand Master and 10th dan black belt.[14] Imi Lichtenfeld died in January 1998 in Netanya, Israel.[17]

The Israeli Government has recognized the IKMA as the continuation of Imi Lichtenfeld's system [18] The Prime Minister of Israeli recognized Grand Master Haim Gidon for his work in krav maga [19]. Prior to his death, Imi Lichtenfeld published a list of his highest level students, their ranks and witnessed this document in the presence of a notary [20], [21]. Imi Lichtenfeld signed a notice that Grand Master Haim Gidon should be present at an student or instructor rankings of brown belt and above [22].
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »

He has shown some Krav Maga self defense moves on his self defense videos.
I think he had toured america with some people to teach Krav Maga a few years back
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜