Author Topic: Privacy Rights being violated by Arutz 7 and Israeli govt , GSS Jew division  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Samsonblinded reporting:   http://samsonblinded.org/news/freedom-of-speech-nixed-in-israel-20313

FREEDOM OF SPEECH NIXED IN ISRAEL
The Court ordered the Arutz-7 web site to provide the General Security Service with the IP addresses of all its active users. Arutz-7 is a forum for right-wing users. They are not accused of any crimes. It is only in a police state that courts can order the summary release of confidential records without due process accorded to individuals.

The court’s decision is also stupid because the users will move to an overseas forum. We suggest hosting a server in Iran.

Also an article in Hebrew on A7 itself:    http://www.inn.co.il/Forum/Forum.aspx/t339012
Their english site is down as of a few minutes ago, and they never even bothered to post an article about it on the english site!!!  Unbelievable!

Discussed in comments at Tamar Yonah's blog -  Notice how "ho-hum" she is about it.  Yeah, you're all being tracked by gss, oh well -  And A7 is more than happy to oblige them!

13. To 12

I read the article as linked to by Tamar. The Shabak claims that 'hilltop youth' are using forums here to foment violence, this on the basis of a poster advocating burning down the home of an IDF commander who ordered destruction of an 'illegal outpost.' According to the article, Uzi Baruch agreed to the request, by which the court demanded that all active posters' IPs be forwarded to the GSS. Why this would be necessary if the Shabak was interested in one poster or a small group of 'hilltop youth' is not clear. Baruch stated that Arutz Sheva would comply because it is law-abiding. I am unaware of the law that either 1) makes all active A Sheva posters dangerous because of one poster's inflammatory words or 2) requires A Sheva to submit to, effectively, a request for ongoing collective monitoring. I am not a lawyer and I am not a hilltop youth, but I find both the court's ruling and Mr. Baruch's response questionable.
Larry, DTB (12/10/10)
Close Reply
12.   Tamar, is this true about A7?
Jew, (12/09/10)
12. Tamar, is this true about A7?

Samson Blinded reports that the court ordered Arutz-7 website to pass to the General Security Service IP addresses of all of its active users. They are not accused of any crimes. It is only in a police state that courts can order a summary release of confidential records without due process accorded to individuals.

Tamar says:  I  don't have the time to translate, but there's an article here in the Hebrew Arutz 7 if you can read it.   http://www.inn.co.il/Forum/Forum.aspx/t339012                   

• Gold Star JTF Member
I am really p!$$ed off at A7 those traitor mamlachti cowards!   They have served up all the Jews on a platter...

And I read elsewhere that GSS is particularly trying to go after "Hilltop Youth" with this!

So A7 said, sure, here are all the IP addresses, we hope you find him and string him up and torture him.   I mean what kind of sick people run that site?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:35:22 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
so A7 just gave up without a fight?

FAIL FAIL FAIL! i thought A7 had at least an ounce of dignity

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
This is very, very evil indeed...

I hope that the good people of Israel will see this as a violation of basic rights. It is so sad what the government has done to A7. I think it is very bad for every religious zionist that A7 is complying with this.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
I wasn't sure before if GSS knew who I was, but now I'm pretty sure.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Well, my idea is the flood A7 comments section with our outrage.   Just remember that they probably won't allow comments through if you use the word "traitor."   There are creative ways around that.    I think the more extreme the language, the better, so that they get the message or at very least are publicly shamed.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
this is terrible and good at the same time..

It's terrible that Arutz 7 informed on heroic Jews.

It is good because these heroic Jews will find different outlets such as Hayamin that will never inform on them.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
Btw, the above which I said about response to A7 was only meant for people who already have posted on A7 (or have done so recently).   I'm writing responses to their site because I have written on that site countless times.   If you haven't posted there before, don't do so now, unless you are aware and ok with your privacy being violated by A7 (why would you be ok with that, but you never know)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Btw, the above which I said about response to A7 was only meant for people who already have posted on A7 (or have done so recently).   I'm writing responses to their site because I have written on that site countless times.   If you haven't posted there before, don't do so now, unless you are aware and ok with your privacy being violated by A7 (why would you be ok with that, but you never know)

I post every day as muman613 at A7... I have not said anything wrong {as far as incitement} and have had some of my comments edited or not posted by the censors...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member

I post every day as muman613 at A7... I have not said anything wrong {as far as incitement} and have had some of my comments edited or not posted by the censors...

Although it's hard for me to know for sure, I don't believe I've said anything wrong in that sense either, but who knows.   And that's according to my standard.  I'm sure the gss has a different standard and will employ it liberally.   If they have a person's info it may not be pretty, so they should at least be aware they will be watched when they go to Israel.    i'll be mentally prepared for that.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
I have never posted on A7, though I usually visit the site to read the news. But I think Israeli Govt.(and many other govts. of the world) already has all my personal data. In 05, I wrote a letter to them warning them that, if they went on with the destruction of Gush Katif, they would become hallachically Rodefim and urging them to do Teshuvah. Even before, I had sent a plea to the Israeli Supreme Court, begging them to compell the Govt. to remove the danger of the Pelishtim who were repeatedly committing murder.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I have not found any mention of this in the english news. I use google news and searched for it and found nothing. I would like to hear more about this...

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
I have not found any mention of this in the english news. I use google news and searched for it and found nothing. I would like to hear more about this...

It is an interesting development... I am sure if there is anything substantial to it more will be heard about it.... It always amazes me that people believe they are below the radar when they visit places on the web... The best policy to keep in mind that nothing done on the internet is ever really gone and in most cases can more or less be tracked back to its source... This should not stop people from being active on sites like A7 however as was said earlier in the thread they should be creative in their approach... I am sure they are looking for people that are actively causing them a problem in Israel... My guess is they are barking up the wrong tree looking at IP addresses... Sounds like a tactic to shake off some of the less resolved supporters.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
What would be even worse, was if Aruts sheva didn't tell the people that they were turning over their IP addresses.  And I don't think Aruts Sheva did tell it's members.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Treacherous worms.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Israel has become like Bolshevik Russia or Nazi Germany and Arutz sheva are collaborators
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
All the people that work for Aruts Sheva want to keep their jobs, including the owner.  That's why they turned the IP addresses over. Otherwise the government would fine them, close them down, or jail them.  Not saying at all that this is acceptable.  But it's reality.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
A7 has been persecuted from it's inception.

Look at the wikipage for A7: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arutz_Sheva

Arutz Sheva (Hebrew: ערוץ שבע‎) (Channel Seven) is an Israeli media network identifying with Religious Zionism. It offers online news in English, Hebrew, French and Russian in three formats: written, internet radio, and internet television. The Israeli government has never granted it a license to broadcast, prompting[who?] charges of government discrimination against the Religious Zionist public. Arutz Sheva sees itself as "the only independent national radio station in Israel" and a counterbalance to "the 'negative thinking' and 'post-Zionist' attitudes so prevalent in Israel's liberal-left media."[1] Based in the West Bank, Arutz Sheva is regarded as the voice of the Israeli settlement movement.[2]
History

In the 1970s an unlicensed radio station broadcast from sea was launched by Abie Nathan. The station, named Voice of Peace, aired Western music and broadcast peace messages. In response, Israeli settlers opposed to peace with the Palestinians launched Arutz Sheva as an ideological competitor.[3] Arutz Sheva was founded in 1988 and was broadcast on the Israeli airwaves from the ship MV Hatzvi in the Mediterranean Sea off Israel until being shutdown by the Israeli government. While the broadcast was generated from the ship, the actual studio for Arutz Sheva was in an Israeli settlement in the Palestinian territories.[3]

The Hatzvi was much larger than most radio ships, but was broken up in 2003. Arutz Sheva may have the distinction of being the world's last ever offshore radio station.

Currently the station broadcasts over the Internet from its website which it has been running for about the last ten years. It was forced to broadcast from a ship because Israeli law permits private radio stations only on the local level.

In February 1999, the Knesset passed a law legalizing the operation of Arutz Sheva and absolving it of earlier illegal broadcasting, but this was appealed to the Israeli Supreme Court which ruled the law null and void in March, 2002. In October 2003, ten employees of Arutz Sheva were convicted of operating an illegal radio station during the period 1995-1998, both from inside Israeli territorial waters and from locations in the West Bank. Station director Ya'akov Katz (Ketzaleh) was also convicted on two counts of perjury for having lied about the location of the broadcasts.[4] In 2008, Katz became chairman of the Ichud Leumi (National Union) party, and became a Knesset member (MK) in the 18th Knesset in Israel's February 10, 2009 national elections.

Arutz Sheva had a Hebrew frequency and a foreign language frequency (English, Russian, and French) and it still broadcasts in Hebrew, English, and Russian over the Internet. Written news exists in all four languages on the website, as does Internet TV news in English and Hebrew. Arutz Sheva is Hebrew for "Channel Seven", and broadcasts from studios located in Beit El in the West Bank and Petah Tikva in Israel.

In terms of politics, the station is considered Religious Zionist in its outlook, and is focused on issues directly affecting Israeli settlements.

• Gold Star JTF Member
All the people that work for Aruts Sheva want to keep their jobs, including the owner.  That's why they turned the IP addresses over. Otherwise the government would fine them, close them down, or jail them.  Not saying at all that this is acceptable.  But it's reality.

Let's see, mesira, or a fine.   Easy choice.

They have stockholm syndrome because one time in the past the shabak shut down A7.   Ever since then they are quaking in absolute fear and terror every day and are willing to do the govt's bidding, whether it makes sense or not, whether it's justified or not.

• Ultimate JTFer
There are no excuses for treason.

• Ultimate JTFer
Well, my idea is the flood A7 comments section with our outrage.   Just remember that they probably won't allow comments through if you use the word "traitor."   There are creative ways around that.    I think the more extreme the language, the better, so that they get the message or at very least are publicly shamed.

They don't care about what we think. It's not the first time they've betrayed the Jewish people. And it's silly to comment right after they've said they will inform on commentators.

• Gold Star JTF Member

They don't care about what we think. It's not the first time they've betrayed the Jewish people. And it's silly to comment right after they've said they will inform on commentators.

I have written there enough times already that I know I'm already toast.   So I feel that adding further comments won't do anything more.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
What is really needed is more websites like Arutz Sheva. Of course I am not referring to this incident, but we need more Religious Zionist resources. It is not easy to run an organization like that. I wish JTF could have journalists, news reporters, web radio shows, etc. If we were able to do what they are able to do then we would offer more outlets for Religious Zionists to get their right wing news and opinions.

I really don't think, at this time, that this is going to harm anyone. I am not going to cease writing on A7 as a result of knowing this. Ideas are not illegal, Judaism cannot be stopped with lawsuits and threats. We will not be discouraged by the doings of an evil government.

Israel has had far worse leaders than those who lead today. We have survived far greater persecution than this. Can we invest our energy in creating new web sites and news sources? I know it is not easy but we really need to consider how better to get the message out.

I do not think that concentrating efforts on YouTube videos really is the only thing we should be doing. We need a newsletter, a subscription list, a news site with reporters and more commentary and opinion pieces.

We can win the battle of ideas because the Jewish ideas are eternal. We must fight harder, as hard as we need to, in order to get the message out. I wish we could read about more support of the Rabbis ruling on Selling to arabs in Israel... I have only seen one piece on A7 which support it while every other media source is denigrating the Rabbis...

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer

Let's see, mesira, or a fine.   Easy choice.

They have stockholm syndrome because one time in the past the shabak shut down A7.   Ever since then they are quaking in absolute fear and terror every day and are willing to do the govt's bidding, whether it makes sense or not, whether it's justified or not.

They want to protect their jobs.  It's as simple as that.    And I'm not saying what they are doing is the right thing, it's the wrong thing.