Author Topic: Shocking Nixon-Kissinger Tapes: ‘So What if Soviets Gas Jews’  (Read 1387 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/141093

White House adviser and Secretary of State Henry Kissinger once told President Richard Nixon, "And if they put Jews into gas chambers in the Soviet Union, it is not an American concern. Maybe a humanitarian concern,” according to newly-released tapes from the Nixon library.

The shocking statement from Kissinger, a Jew, was followed up by an agreement from Nixon, who said,  "I know. We can't blow up the world because of it."

Kissinger also advised Nixon when he was president during the campaign to free the Jews from the Soviet Union, “The emigration of Jews from the Soviet Union is not an objective of American foreign policy.

The shocking statements contradict an image among some American Jews that Nixon was a friend of Israel and the Jews.

Nixon also is quoted as saying an anti-Semitic generalization, “What it is, is it's the insecurity. It’s the latent insecurity. Most Jewish people are insecure. And that's why they have to prove things."

The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg, a usually constant critic of Israel, responded on his blog, "I suppose he [Nixon] is right, at least on the narrow subject of Henry Kissinger.”

The conversations that were recorded on secret tapes followed a March 1973 meeting between Nixon and Kissinger with former Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir, who pleaded with the United States to help open the barred gates for millions of oppressed Soviet Jews, denied religious freedom,  wanting to flee the Communist regime. Eventually, the freedom for Soviet Jews campaign broke the ban in later administrations and allowed massive immigration of Jews to Israel as well as to the United States.

Nixon’s disgust with minorities was not restricted to Jews. He labeled Irishmen as drinkers and Italians as “wonderful” people but who “don't have their heads screwed on tight.”

The American Jewish Committee stated that the revealed conversations displayed a shocking level of bigotry in the Nixon White House from the President downwards… the AJC was also dismayed by the remark made to the President by his Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, in which the latter stated, ‘f they put Jews into gas chambers in the Soviet Union, it is not an American concern.’

"The Nixon Oval Office was clearly a place where bigotry and prejudice were normalized," said AJC Executive Director David Harris. "It is deeply saddening to observe that the person elected to our nation's highest office employed such crude, vicious stereotypes in referring to a range of groups.

"That a German Jew [Kissinger] who fled the Nazis could speak of a genocidal outcome in such callous tones is truly chilling. Perhaps Kissinger felt that, as a Jew, he had to go the extra mile to prove to the President that there was no question as to where his loyalties lay. That he used such graphic language in doing so speaks volumes about the degree of prejudice inside Nixon's Administration. It's hard to find the right words to express the degree of our shock and revulsion at Kissinger's remarks."

Nixon and Kissinger were seen as heroes in 1973 for staging a military airlift to help Israel fight Egypt and Syria in the Yom Kippur War, which inflicted heavy casualties on the IDF. However, the airlift did not begin until the second week of the war, while the Soviet Union was resupplying Egypt and Syria with weapons throughout. More cynical observers said that the United States could not let the Soviet Union's allies win the war.

The New York Times reported three years afterwards that Kissinger delayed the airlift because he wanted to see Israel “bleed just enough to soften it up for the post-war diplomacy he was planning.”
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Shocking Nixon-Kissinger Tapes: ‘So What if Soviets Gas Jews’
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:08:02 PM »
בס''ד

We have a new Hebrew video on this:

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 07:49:47 PM »
Didn't the ajc support Obama?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:51:25 PM »

I guess that make Kissassingers statement ok?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

lol, I don't think Dr. Dan meant that.

But it does show the AJC are another breed of hypocrite.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 09:12:01 PM »

I do not know them, but I believe you. Regardless, any Jew would find Kissengers statements appalling...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 10:40:57 PM »

I do not know them, but I believe you. Regardless, any Jew would find Kissengers statements appalling...

Of course.   He's the lowest of the low.    Instead of practicing Ahavath Yisrael, he practices Hatred of Jews.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 05:25:28 AM »
I always knew Kissinger was a Jewish traitor but this proves he's just the lowest of the low.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 09:11:39 AM »

No, it just shows that if it is true that the AJC supported Obama, then they are hipocrites.  If anything they probably hated Nixon only because he was a republican and not because he was anti-semetic.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »

Good point.

If we will hear someday the recorded conversations between Obama and Emmanuel we will be shocked or better proven right.  ::)

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 01:18:59 PM »
I'd love to hear that conversation
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »
Wow, very self-hating.  Just pathetic.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 06:19:03 PM »
Wow, very self-hating.  Just pathetic.
Nixon clearly had to be out of his mind maintaining a taping system that archived all his conversations...I have read some of the transcripts that have been released and heard some others of witch most are not nice...Nixon was not one that spoke for posterity and Kissinger was a person who the ends justified the means above all else... I guess they slept well nights believing they were looking out for American interests above all else.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years