Author Topic: Rashi on Daniel 7:25: Moshiach in 2011?!  (Read 25008 times)

Offline israeli kahanist

• Junior JTFer
Re: Rashi on Daniel 7:25: Moshiach in 2011?!
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 02:18:23 PM »
we must belive that the moshiach can come every day

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »
we must belive that the moshiach can come every day

Not sure if I agree or disagree, but what is that supposed to mean?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »
We all know that after our Temple was destroyed nevuah was given over to children and fools.  No one but Hashem knows when things will happen.  It depends largely on what we do and what we merit.

But what they say is not nevuah or anything close to it (in fact the opposite, and most of these "predictions" dont come true at all) Maybe you mean Nevuah is given to SOME fools, yett not others?
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline israeli kahanist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »
Not sure if I agree or disagree, but what is that supposed to mean?
we dont need to wait to some specific day we think there is a potential that the messiach can come we need to wait every moment. 

Offline israeli kahanist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »
some people take date and say in this date the messiach will come we must belive he can come every moment maybe there is a potential the messiach can come specific in this day

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »
some people take date and say in this date the messiach will come we must belive he can come every moment maybe there is a potential the messiach can come specific in this day

I understand, but what is the source? (I think their is a song that Askenasim sing, Ani- Mami) Maybe your derive it from there. But I hope you understand what I'm asking. Please provide your source(s) for saying that we need to wait for the Moshiah every day (or the similar statements you and others said in this regard.)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »

This fellow Katz has semachos from Haredi rabbis in Jerusalem and Tiberias, and has an unusual haskomo on his blog http://soulmazal.blogspot.com/ from right-wing author Rabbi Matisyahu Glazerson, so his rabbonus qualifications cannot not be "legit".

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
This fellow Katz has semachos from Haredi rabbis in Jerusalem and Tiberias, and has an unusual haskomo on his blog http://soulmazal.blogspot.com/ from right-wing author Rabbi Matisyahu Glazerson, so his rabbonus qualifications cannot not be "legit".

I dont know what someone has or doesn't. But in todays crazy world, we see (and I have seen this personally) letters being "signed" by people who don't really sign them. And all sorts of crazy things. Now I'm skeptical with almost everything.