Author Topic: Wimp Zefat Chief Rabbi Eliyahu reverses his ban on renting/selling to Arabs  (Read 3686 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer

So "extreme right wing" Safed Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyuahu is talked in to recanting his ban on renting out properties to Arabs by the even more wimpish Rabbi Druckman http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=199662

Only one rabbi was true to his principles and would not back down: Rabbi Meir Kahane!

As it says "Most rabbis before the Messiah comes will be of the Erev Rav" (Divrei Chayim), and "The rabbis before Moshiach will actually delay the Geulah!".
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:31:31 AM by wonga66 »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Now you show again why you belong in the time out corner.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
What exactly do you so object to?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
You have allot of chutzpa to call rabbi Shmuel Eliyuahu "wimp".

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
I don't blame Eliyahu for recanting, since his nice rabbinical job and state income and generous Bituach Leumi pension were threatened, and he could face dismisal and litigation for "racism".

But he sets a bad wimpish Bibbyish example to the next generation buy making tough Torah pronouncements, and then unimpressively folding under the slightest 'convincing', especially from a Druckman. Bibby also used to talk like a lion; but he fell like a lamb, to the areilim like Clinton and Obama.

Two guys who wouldn't recant: Meir Kahane and Chaim ben Pesach.

What would you think if R.Kahane in 1988, whose entire political manifesto was pure Tenach & Mishneh Torah, and whose main plank was expulsion of troublesome Ishamelites, would have folded on that one point, in order to allow Kach to run in the election. You would think: Kahane's a good guy, but with suspect marshmallow core-beliefs. In his February 1989 talk on the banning, Kahane said it was a mark of pride by him and a privilege to have been banned, rather than compromise Kach's, as it was then, a populist party with organised thriving chapters in every Israeli town, core beliefs.

Mindsets may have changed since 22 years ago, but R.Kahane will go down in history as a Biblical warrior who compromised on nothing.

Still, we will give Eliyahu credit for giving things a stir, albeit short-lived.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:48:34 PM by wonga66 »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
This is a very disheartening development, but I would caution you against slandering this rabbi with names like that.    Rabbi Kahane wouldn't call him a name, even though Rabbi Kahane would obviously disagree with this kind of bending to pressure just as much as you do (likely even more than you).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
This is a very disheartening development, but I would caution you against slandering this rabbi with names like that.    Rabbi Kahane wouldn't call him a name, even though Rabbi Kahane would obviously disagree with this kind of bending to pressure just as much as you do (likely even more than you).

I agree.... While what Rabbi Eliyahu did was dispicable, it doesn't rise to the level which requires a Jew to curse him. What he did was very brave considering the current political climate in Eretz Yisroel.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I don't blame Eliyahu for recanting, since his nice rabbinical job and state income and generous Bituach Leumi pension were threatened, and he could face dismisal and litigation for "racism".

But he sets a bad wimpish Bibbyish example to the next generation buy making tough Torah pronouncements, and then unimpressively folding under the slightest 'convincing', especially from a Druckman. Bibby also used to talk like a lion; but he fell like a lamb, to the areilim like Clinton and Obama.

Two guys who wouldn't recant: Meir Kahane and Chaim ben Pesach.

What would you think if R.Kahane in 1988, whose entire political manifesto was pure Tenach & Mishneh Torah, and whose main plank was expulsion of troublesome Ishamelites, would have folded on that one point, in order to allow Kach to run in the election. You would think: Kahane's a good guy, but with suspect marshmallow core-beliefs. In his February 1989 talk on the banning, Kahane said it was a mark of pride by him and a privilege to have been banned, rather than compromise Kach's, as it was then, a populist party with organised thriving chapters in every Israeli town, core beliefs.

Mindsets may have changed since 22 years ago, but R.Kahane will go down in history as a Biblical warrior who compromised on nothing.

Still, we will give Eliyahu credit for giving things a stir, albeit short-lived.
I think you ought to refer with more respect to rabbi Eliyahu as he is after all an important rabbi and his political integrity is pretty decent as well. As far as the report states, he didn't actually retracted from his original decree, but rather joins in support of another decree. If the goal is to actually be effective in stopping the creeping of Arabs into Jewish towns, there is some merit to Druckman's initiative.

I think that if Israel didn't have the bolshevik supreme court and its minions in the general attorney and the knesset, then allot of people would say and do allot more then they would do now. But as is it now, rabbi

Eliyahu is stepping very close to an indictment for incitement and racism. From prison, he could do nothing. I think that if Kahane could change his party's platform in a similar fashion that Marzel had done, and so be able to avoid disqualification, it would be better. However it is likely that the supreme court would have blocked him even if he ran with the platform of Rats.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Personally, I think this slanderous thread should have remained in the time out section, even if wonga was allowed out.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Since the word 'wimp' in the dictionary is defined as "a cowardly, timid, unadventurous person", I fully take it back & apologise, as it does not apply to R.Eliyahu at all.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: Wimp Zefat Chief Rabbi Eliyahu reverses his ban on renting/selling to Arabs
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 04:18:56 AM »
What are we to think of a man who proclaims Judaism and then bows to secularism?  Especially when he has been appointed by the people as a leader [a rabbi]?  Disheartening.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein