Author Topic: Just found out my dog, Cookie, has a week to live  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Just found out my dog, Cookie, has a week to live
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 09:56:11 PM »
I will be praying for a miracle.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »
I saw the youtube videos - Cookie is a wonderful dog - you are very lucky that she was a part of your life. I am a life-long dog owner and can really understand what you are going through. So sorry to hear about this imminent loss...

I try not to think to hard about it. I know that when I do see her if I do before she goes, it'll hit me.  But I just keep telling myself, "She's just a dog and not a human being. It's ok.  We can get another and I'll get attached to that one too."
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 10:05:38 PM »
Dr. Dan I'm so sad for you. I hope that God will help you deal with the emotions that you're going through because of this situation.

Muman I am also sorry to hear about your cat, I hope you can keep them for as long as possible.

I am also sad that Bullcat Jr. lost Pudding. :(

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »
Dr. Dan I am sorry life is painful for you right now.  I love my pets very much [2 cats], and I have lost many pets in the past [several dogs and a cat]; I am sure what you are going through and feeling must be very difficult.

It's not painful..It's a little sad...really, a human being dying would make me terribly sad especially..especially a relative, Gd forbid..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »
I saw the youtube videos - Cookie is a wonderful dog - you are very lucky that she was a part of your life. I am a life-long dog owner and can really understand what you are going through. So sorry to hear about this imminent loss...

I try not to think to hard about it. I know that when I do see her if I do before she goes, it'll hit me.  But I just keep telling myself, "She's just a dog and not a human being. It's ok.  We can get another and I'll get attached to that one too."

You can't replace a dog by getting another dog. You'll love the other one, but it won't be the same animal and you will still miss the first one. They're individuals. I have more animals than I had before but I still miss my old ones that died, I don't forget them or their individual personalities just se they're gone.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 10:09:19 PM »
Muman: Is there an actual Torah verse that says that?

Dr. Dan: I am extremely sorry. Please provide more details. Nystagmus is a symptom, not a disease unto itself.

One of my brothers is holding cookie.  All I heard from my secretaries was that she peed all over herself last night.  I asked my brother who was watching her and he said she had "nystigmus".  My other brother who saw her said that she was "very sick and has a few weeks to live possibly."  Awhile back a vet said cookie had lymphoma.

When my beloved dog Hannah passed away she peed all over herself, and also vomited at the same time near the end.  Our vet said she had 'acute liver failure'.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 10:19:52 PM »

You can't replace a dog by getting another dog. You'll love the other one, but it won't be the same animal and you will still miss the first one. They're individuals. I have more animals than I had before but I still miss my old ones that died, I don't forget them or their individual personalities just se they're gone.

I would never forget Cookie.  There is no doubt that every dog will have a different special personality.  But it is what it is.  Gd put these dogs for us to enjoy and feel good and to take care of.  Every dog I see, I stare and smile at..and if I can pet them I pet them.  It'll be ok

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 10:22:21 PM »
Dr. Dan, I just watched one of your videos of Cookie.  She's precious!

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 10:43:39 PM »
You cannot replace a pet, but it feels so good to get a new dog or cat that it does take the edge off the pain of losing a beloved animal.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2010, 08:46:58 AM »
So Sorry Dan.  Like humans bond,  dogs especially bond strongly with their masters, and each has their own personality.   Very hard to replace them and the joy they bring.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 09:43:22 AM »
Dr Dan, I am so sorry to hear that you are losing your beloved pet Cookie.

May you find comfort in the memories of your time together. No doubt she has been dearly loved by you and your family.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 01:15:43 PM »
My brother told me she's feeling better this morning...who knows?

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 02:35:24 PM »
Dr. Dan I share your pain. My dog that I had for 14 years passed away this year.  :'(
I think you should record the last days with your dog on camera so you won't forget him/her. It cheers me up to watch them of hr sometimes.

Just found out it was nystigmus, of which I have no clue what that is.  My brother is watching her so he'll give me a heads up.  I do have a youtube video of her that I have posted in the past..I'll post it here....

She looks a bit like my dog.  Is she a black lab cross, maybe some border collie in her?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »
i think just a black lab with a little something else

Dr. Dan I share your pain. My dog that I had for 14 years passed away this year.  :'(
I think you should record the last days with your dog on camera so you won't forget him/her. It cheers me up to watch them of hr sometimes.

Just found out it was nystigmus, of which I have no clue what that is.  My brother is watching her so he'll give me a heads up.  I do have a youtube video of her that I have posted in the past..I'll post it here....

She looks a bit like my dog.  Is she a black lab cross, maybe some border collie in her?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2010, 05:08:48 PM »
I think you need to get a diagnosis from the vet.  Nystagmus is a neurological sign, not a diagnosis unto itself.  Without proper dx., how can we say if there is treatment or not?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »
I think you need to get a diagnosis from the vet.  Nystagmus is a neurological sign, not a diagnosis unto itself.  Without proper dx., how can we say if there is treatment or not?

I realize it's a diagnosis, but she is also very old and very sick.  she was diagnosed with lymphoma a month ago so who knows if this is a result of that.  Either way, it is what it is.  Don't think my brother is going to put her through chemotherapy. It makes no sense.

A human being on the other hand, who has a lymphoma, it makes sense to prolong his/her life with chemotherapy.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2010, 05:20:31 PM »

I realize it's a diagnosis, but she is also very old and very sick.  she was diagnosed with lymphoma a month ago so who knows if this is a result of that.  Either way, it is what it is.  Don't think my brother is going to put her through chemotherapy. It makes no sense.

A human being on the other hand, who has a lymphoma, it makes sense to prolong his/her life with chemotherapy.

Oh I'm sorry, Dr. Dan.  Lymphoma is a different story and I think you di say that.  My apologies

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »
Dr Dan very sorry for you loss.

I have a cat , what happens when it dies?

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 09:38:57 PM »
I love dogs and my condolences to you.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 09:45:54 PM »
She hasn't died