Author Topic: Questions about ex-Yugoslavs on the exile  (Read 5856 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Questions about ex-Yugoslavs on the exile
« on: December 24, 2010, 04:06:29 AM »
Do Serbs and Croats and Bosnians live often in the same neighborhoods ?

Does it happen that someone mistook you for a Croat/Bosnian/Slovenian ?

How do the different folks of Yugoslavia get along in the exile in general ?

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
Re: Questions about ex-Yugoslavs on the exile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:41:27 AM »
Do Serbs and Croats and Bosnians live often in the same neighborhoods ?

Yes but not in the same extent as before the civil war.
That counts for Croatia, because Croatia is particularly ethnicly clean.
Before the war Serbs constituted about 20% of Croatia's population. Now the Serbs have been reduced to 3% of the total population.

As regards Bosnia and Herzegovina, that so called state comprises three political constituent nations, Serbs, Croats and Bosnian Muslims. That country, actually a NATO protectorate, is mixed. Still the Serbs posses their own entity within Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is called the Republic of Srpska. The situation in that state is not stable. The Serbs of Bosnian and Herzegovina want more autonomy, while the Bosnian Muslims want to centralize the state.

Does it happen that someone mistook you for a Croat/Bosnian/Slovenian ?

We all have the same looks. Only on the dialect you can know who is from where.

How do the different folks of Yugoslavia get along in the exile in general ?

But in exile they can a bit more get along with each other. Because in exile it is different. At the end we realize that fighting is stupid and that we actually have a lot in common. We used to say: if two parties fight, they both lose, the 3th party wins.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 06:20:27 AM »
Damn Novakovic, you really are stupid. He's asking you do you live in the same neighborhood in Germany with Croats and Muslims, and how do you get along.

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 06:28:09 AM »
Voo-jo,

I told you not to mix antidepressants with alcohol, it will only make you more depressed.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 07:43:25 AM »
Damn Novakovic, you really are stupid. He's asking you do you live in the same neighborhood in Germany with Croats and Muslims, and how do you get along.
I really did meant to ask about neighborhoods in the exile like America or Germany. I didn't want to start more infighting though.

Offline crnitrn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 07:52:02 AM »
I really did meant to ask about neighborhoods in the exile like America or Germany. I didn't want to start more infighting though.
That what you see is typical for serbs this days! They fight is without real reason!

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 08:06:05 AM »
Check his former "incarnations" on this forum: Dalmacija and Serbian Radical Party, and you'll see what's all the infighting about.

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 08:31:20 AM »
What? I just read posts of that ''Dalmacija''. Are you seriously claiming that I am that? I do not know why ''voo-joo'' is linking me to him? My English is much better than ''Dalmacija's'' and having alike opinions on certain subjects does not say that we are the same person! To be honest this voo-joo cannot contribute anything positive. He is not able to conduct civilized debates and that makes him a bit frustrated. I also exposed that Voo-joo is not an Orthodox Serb and that probably hurt his feelings as well.

From now I will ignore voo-joo, because he is just a troll. I am not going to reduce my self to such a low level.

@Zelhar,

Just keep posting questions. I will try to provide answers.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »
Why would he? You're an imbecile.

Offline crnitrn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »
Why would he? You're an imbecile.
Vojo konstantno vredjas Novakovica bez povoda i razolga i ako nesto nije razumeo to ne znaci da odmah treba da ga pogrdno zoves,  razumes! Takav stav govori mnogo vise o tebi nego o njemu ! I ako C.E. ti biti lakse novkovic nije dalmacija , ako neko ima slicne stavove ne znaci da je to ista osoba! Ako mozes da ga demantujes kulturno to i uradi a ne odmah da vredjas, razumes.Moras da postujes drugog ma kiloko ti se on ne svidjao, nasi pretci su postovali najvece krvnike! u svim ratovima srbi su pozakivali i cojstvo pored junastva! , zato ako se osecas kao srbin i postujes predke i svoje ime ponasaj se kulturno! Takodje Ako je neki nas prajlv ves u pitanju nemoras bas pisati sve na engleskom a tu je i PM.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »
Da neces ti da mi zabranis?
Ja sam s tom budalom pokusao normalno da pricam mnogo pre nego sto si ti dosao na forum, ali ne vredi kad on nije normalan. Uz to je i antisemita.
Otkud ti znas da on nije Dalmacija?
Odakle ti te gluposti o postovanju prema najvecim krvnicima?
I jos jedna stvar. Pazi kako pises, jer si ponekad potpuno nerazgovetan. 

Offline crnitrn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 10:31:10 AM »
Da neces ti da mi zabranis?
Ja sam s tom budalom pokusao normalno da pricam mnogo pre nego sto si ti dosao na forum, ali ne vredi kad on nije normalan. Uz to je i antisemita.
Otkud ti znas da on nije Dalmacija?
Odakle ti te gluposti o postovanju prema najvecim krvnicima?
I jos jedna stvar. Pazi kako pises, jer si ponekad potpuno nerazgovetan. 
Radi kako hoces ja sam ti ovo rekao  kao bratu!

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »
Ti ih ljubi kolko hoces, ja necu. Ja vracam oko za oko, zub za zub.

Offline crnitrn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 06:26:09 AM »
Prijatelju ali si povrsan, to se odnosi simbolicki na to da treba postovati i ne omalovazvati protivnika i neprijatelja!
A onog gresnika koji je u zabludi sazaljevati, ne tera tebe niko da ga stvarno volis! Oko za oko proncip moze da se primenjuje samo u slobodnoj - teokratskoj drzavi kakve danas nema, ali uz pomoc Boga bice je!
To Bog i kaze Moja je osveta ja cu da vratim!

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 06:34:08 AM »
Samo ti slusaj Miroljuba. Tu recenicu si bukvalno prekopirao od njega. Pokusaj da mislis svojom glavom.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 10:16:13 PM »
grayfalcon.blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 23, 2010Some Call It Peace
I remember it vividly, as if was just yesterday. It was a Tuesday, November 21. Just a day prior, we got word that the talks had collapsed - yet again - and that the war would go on. And then it was over.

It didn't seem over at the time. By the time I left Bosnia, two months later, the armies were still in position, the roads were still passable only to NATO peacekeepers, conscription was still in effect, and utilities were not yet restored. But the longer the ceasefire held, the less likely it seemed the shooting would restart. By the time the treaty was officially signed, in mid-December, it dawned upon us that it was peace at last.

Thus ended the Bosnian War.

There is still some contention as to when precisely it began. For me, it was April 5, 1992, when roadblocks appeared in Sarajevo. From that Sunday morning, until that Tuesday when the word came from Ohio, I had counted 1,376 days. Not the longest war in history, or the bloodiest, or the cruelest - but when it happens to you, that's hardly a consolation.

The day after the peace treaty was announced, my first ever article in English appeared, published by The Independent. The way I wrote it, it was a schmaltzy celebration of peace. The way it was headlined, it sounded like a one-cheer of a disappointed war victim. Unlike some folk, who were perhaps hoping for a "final victory" and a Bosnia remade according to their fantasies, I was not the least bit disappointed by the Dayton peace treaty. I didn't feel much like a victim, either. I just hoped it would last.

I was entirely too young to realize that the war would merely move back to the realm of politics. So, the headline - "At least there will be no more killing" - proved strangely prophetic.

Earlier this year, while visiting Bosnia, I wrote:

"In Bosnia, ethnic warfare was the direct result of the complete destruction of trust between the communities as the regime of Alija Izetbegovic pushed for independence at the expense of everything and everyone else. The Dayton settlement did not restore that trust, but offered a framework in which it could be re-forged if Bosnia’s peoples so chose. When the U.S. and the EU made Bosnia into a de facto protectorate shortly after the war, and began to impose their often conflicting but always confused visions of what Bosnia should be, they created a powerful disincentive for internal dialogue.

When Bosnian Serb PM Milorad Dodik said recently that it might be time to talk about a consensual separation, president Silajdzic angrily replied that this was impossible. "Those who dislike this country are free to leave, but they can’t take an inch of the land with them," Silajdzic said.

This very argument, that Bosnia belonged "100 percent" to Silajdzic and the Muslims, while everyone else is welcome to get out, is precisely what ignited the 1992-95 war and claimed 100,000 lives. After fifteen years of peace and "nation-building," Bosnia seems to be back at square one. And this is what the State Department describes as a great "success."

One shudders to think what failure would look like."

Whatever the Empire - or the Serb, Croat and Muslim leaders who signed it - intended to accomplish with the Dayton agreement, it did silence the guns. And it still offers hope, however fleeting, that the people who live in Bosnia may eventually sit down and figure out how to live together - or part ways - peacefully.

As for me, I will always remember that moment of unadulterated joy I felt when I heard the news that the war was over, when I realized that my family and I had made it through alive.

So many people take life for granted. I'm not one of them. And now you know why.
Posted by Gray Falcon

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
I live in Florida and relationship here between us and Bosnian Muslims is usually very bad. They attack Serbs and their property because we are outnumbered. Personally, I try to avoid them by any means.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,