Author Topic: When someone says "Merry Christmas" to a Jew, what does a Jew say back?  (Read 16393 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: When someone says "Merry Christmas" to a Jew, what does a Jew say back?
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2010, 09:22:15 AM »
I know what I say:

Roses are red,

Violets are Bluish,

If it wasn't for Christmas,

We'd all be Jewish.

:laugh:

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2010, 08:21:31 PM »

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »

Better yet: You should have asked for a caption of this pic: Child carries on thousands of years of tradition. Mr. Obama wonders how he can charge this nice Jewish boy with "spying" for Israel. Mrs. Obama is amazed at fire.

As for the answer to the OP's ?: I just answer Happy Kwaanza! ....Because let's face it, these shvugs are taking over the world as it is!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2010, 10:07:36 PM »
Is the kid lighting that menora a US govt mole poised to be future Israeli Prime Minister?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »
Honestly, I respect Kwanza as any other celebration which honours an ethnicity and one's heritage.

So you celebrate copycat fraud holidays.  You realize Kwanzaa was created by a jealous black person who took some stuff from hanukah and some stuff from Christmas.  You realize they light a Kenorah....a KENORAH!!! I mean how original is that fraud of a holiday?!

I don't celebrate it. I am not African. If anything I'd celebrate European Holidays. But I respect those Africans who celebrate.
Regarding the "Kinara" (It's not Kenorah), it's a Swahili word which means candleholder, the similarity with the word Menorah is because Swahilli has some Arabic influence and Arabic is a Semitic language. But, in fact, the shape of their Kinara and the way they light it was obvioulsy inspired by the Jewish Hanukkah. I don't know if just getting inspiration from a Holy Jewish item they just may have seen at the same time of their secular feast is hallachically a sin for a Gentile or not. A Rav should decide.
And Kwanzaa does not pretend to be an original ethnic traditional celebration from Africa. It's meant to honour African heritage even if using a constructed celebration to be held collectively by African descendants who lost their individual tribal traditions. So it cannot be considered to be a fraud.
If I celebrated the Italian Republic Day with a meal but I ate typical Argentine food instead of traditional Italian meals, is it a fraud?
Apart from the possibility of an hallachically transgression with that Kinara, I don't see anything wrong with Kwanzaa.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2010, 11:25:30 PM »
Raul, it was founded by a convicted felon Black Power nationalist who specifically claims it as a "real African holiday".

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2010, 11:40:11 PM »
Raul, it was founded by a convicted felon Black Power nationalist who specifically claims it as a "real African holiday".

The custom of celebrating at the end of December and beginning of Juanuary is, in fact, a harvest festival of Kenia and other African countries. The way of the celebration was constructed. The fact that it was started by a nationalist (perhaps Black supremacist) doesn't mean that people who celebrate it now are racists.
The Christian holidays in the solar calendar were fixed by Constantinus who murdered his own son. The adoption and adaptation of ancient Julian Calendar to Christianity was the first stept to prohibit the observation of the moon needed to fix the Hebrew Calendar, the murdering of all the Rabbies Samuchim fit for the Sanhedrin, and the decapitation of all inhabitants of a city where a Rabbie got original Semicha. Hillel, of blessed memory, foresaw the tragedy and revealed the secret of mathematical intercalation so that Jews could keep the torah Festival days till today. So, should we say that also christmas is an evil fraud? No, because Christians of today are generally not supportive of Constantinus' genocide.
So what's different with Kwanzaa? Is it because they're Black?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2010, 01:36:53 AM »
Now, to the original question. A Jew recomended that in case someone greets a Jew or Noahide for Christmas, he should say: Thank you, but we don't celebrate Christmas. I wish you a Happy Festival.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »
Honestly, I respect Kwanza as any other celebration which honours an ethnicity and one's heritage.

So you celebrate copycat fraud holidays.  You realize Kwanzaa was created by a jealous black person who took some stuff from hanukah and some stuff from Christmas.  You realize they light a Kenorah....a KENORAH!!! I mean how original is that fraud of a holiday?!

The guy was also a career criminal and FBI informant.  I always suspected the Seinfeld Festivus was poking fun at Kwanza.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.