Author Topic: Jewish Music  (Read 3617 times)

Offline crnitrn

• Pro JTFer
Jewish Music
« on: December 27, 2010, 11:25:42 AM »
Can you put here some good traditional and good modern Jewish music, for example I like this two

PS
can some put lyrics for this songs especially for second song, and explain what is about this song , I think that is a song about some holiday and I know that she mentioned wine (Yayin)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Jewish Music
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »
‎The second song is sung in the Yemeni  Hebrew dialect so I can't decipher all the words. The do mention wine in the song. Also that's a little beside the point but the singer "Noa", which is the woman in the left, and whose real name is  Achinoam Nini, is an evil traitor, supporter of the "Palestinian" cause. This is partly why she is endorsed internationally i.e. she sang for the Pope (JP2) on two occasions.

Now for the subject of Jewish music- I personally don't think the Jews had much to offer in this art, especially compared to their much more significant contribution in science, math, philosophy, law, and other arts such as literature.

There have been nevertheless some great Jewish musicians but I am not sure their stile has much to do with them being accidentally born Jewish. I am referring for example to the likes of Gustav Mahler, Kurt Weill, Felix Mendelssohn, Leonard Bernstein, George Gershwin, ... .

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »
Just to give you an example of the despicable "Noa", She has formed a duo with an Arab (actually half Arab) sharmuta, Mira Awad.

Offline crnitrn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 12:30:19 PM »
‎The second song is sung in the Yemeni  Hebrew dialect so I can't decipher all the words. The do mention wine in the song. Also that's a little beside the point but the singer "Noa", which is the woman in the left, and whose real name is  Achinoam Nini, is an evil traitor, supporter of the "Palestinian" cause. This is partly why she is endorsed internationally i.e. she sang for the Pope (JP2) on two occasions.

Now for the subject of Jewish music- I personally don't think the Jews had much to offer in this art, especially compared to their much more significant contribution in science, math, philosophy, law, and other arts such as literature.

There have been nevertheless some great Jewish musicians but I am not sure their stile has much to do with them being accidentally born Jewish. I am referring for example to the likes of Gustav Mahler, Kurt Weill, Felix Mendelssohn, Leonard Bernstein, George Gershwin, ... .
Sorry I did not know that for Noa.
Ofra Haza ??

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »

Sorry I did not know that for Noa.
Ofra Haza ??
Ofra Haza was good.

Offline crnitrn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
Is hava nagila wedding song? I find the lyrics!

Hava nagila = Let's rejoice
Hava nagila = Let's rejoice
Hava nagila v'nismeḥa = Let's rejoice and be happy
(Repeat stanza)

Hava neranenah = Let's sing
Hava neranenah = Let's sing
Hava neranenah v'nismeḥa = Let's sing and be happy
(Repeat stanza)

Uru, uru aḥim! = Awake, awake, brothers!
Uru aḥim b'lev sameaḥ = Awake brothers with a happy heart
(Repeat line 4 times)

Uru aḥim, uru aḥim! = Awake, brothers, awake, brothers!
B'lev sameaḥ = With a happy heart

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 03:58:22 PM »
It is a song for festivity/happy occasions including weddings.

Here is a Yemani Jewish classic:
http://www.zemereshet.co.il/song.asp?id=242

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 04:28:37 PM »