Author Topic: Israeli govt to Conduct Inquiry into Alleged Racism on Facebook  (Read 779 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Israeli govt seeks to 'Judenrein' facebook.   Do these morons realize how many groups there are dedicated to Jew-hatred on facebook?    Do they realize how many arab groups contain comments calling for Jews to be wiped out?   How many egyptian groups that speak about exterminating Israelis?    But the Israeli govt wants to get rid of the Jewish response to these nazis.

State to Conduct Inquiry into Alleged Racism on Facebook

by Elad Benari

Deputy State Prosecutor Shai Nitzan has contacted Israeli police and requested that it launch an investigation into two Facebook groups that allegedly published racist comments. One of the groups is called “Death to Arabs” and the second one is called “Umm al-Fahm Demonstration Against the Islamic Movement.”

The request was made to the police after two petitions dealing with Facebook publications were referred to the Attorney General. The first petition dealt with the “Death to Arabs” group, a link to which was posted on the Yisrael Beiteinu party's Facebook page.

The Ministry of Justice noted that since the contents of the group, which numbered about 170 members, included an explicit call to commit acts of violence against Arabs and supported such acts, the deputy state prosecutor is requesting than an investigation be opened for incitement to violence as well as for a publication of racial incitement. The Ministry added that Nitzan also seeks to divert the attention of the moderator of the Yisrael Beiteinu page and ask him to remove the link to the group, while stating that there is no place for a criminal investigation against him.

Some of the statements in the group included a sentence in the group description which reads: “must kill them one by one ... a good Arab = a dead Arab.”

Other statemens in the group read “Death to Arabs” and “KILL ALL ARABY”. There was also a comment written by one user who said: “Death to the Jews ... dogs.”

The second case involves a group which was started in preparation for a demonstration by rightists in Umm al-Fahm. The group wall contained statements which raise suspicions that offenses regarding publishing of racist incitement and offending religious sensitivities took place.

Some of the statements written on the group’s wall include: “How nice to see the people of Israel waking up and fighting for our right to exist! Death to the Arabs, Muhammad is a pig!”

The Ministry of Justice noted that “in both cases, the deputy state prosecutor requested that the investigative unit contact Facebook and ask the company to remove the harmful publications.”

(IsraelNationalNews.com)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Israeli govt to Conduct Inquiry into Alleged Racism on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »
Were these groups created by a jtfer?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:31:41 PM »
Is this the State of Israel or the SPLC?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
Facebook could be called Antisemite.com.  The Israeli govt truly acts as if it has excrement in its eyes.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 11:40:00 PM »
Were these groups created by a jtfer?

Good question, I think one or both of them might be.  And the people leaving the comments they highlighted may have been jtf members.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 06:15:13 AM »
Forget the israeli government, but is it wise to put groups like this in face book?
I agree that it is a hipocracy of israel to crack down on these things when they should be cracking down on nazi groups which are much more rampant. 

So you know? If that's the case m more anti muslim groups should be in face book.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 09:37:12 PM »
Forget the israeli government, but is it wise to put groups like this in face book?  

I think so, actually.  

I think "pushing the boundaries" of discourse at this time is really important in fact because a basic, sane rightwing view has been marginalized to such an extent and basically labeled racist and beyond-the-pale, so there really is no rightwing voice within the realm of discussion anymore.   With groups like this, it will give courage to rightwingers, bring them out of the closet, and embrace their more sane views and start saying them aloud.  
I mean something like this, a person's thought process would go like this:  If someone else can post “How nice to see the people of Israel waking up and fighting for our right to exist! Death to the Arabs, Muhammad is a pig!”   and truly believes that and is willing to openly say so, surely I can say I oppose the Oslo death process if I disagree with it.    

Btw, I actually agree with that quote completely, but even for people who are more "moderate" rightwingers, who maybe wouldn't say something as extreme as that, I think they are emboldened by rhetoric like this.   At this point in the game, personally, nothing so minimal like harsh rhetoric is out of bounds for me when it comes to opposing surrender to the arabs.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 09:45:50 PM »
The Arabs have built the Arab world on oceans of Jewish blood and the State of Israel is persecuting Jews who refuse to become a new ocean.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 08:25:39 AM »

I think you are right. Look what jtf has done for me.

I think so, actually.  

I think "pushing the boundaries" of discourse at this time is really important in fact because a basic, sane rightwing view has been marginalized to such an extent and basically labeled racist and beyond-the-pale, so there really is no rightwing voice within the realm of discussion anymore.   With groups like this, it will give courage to rightwingers, bring them out of the closet, and embrace their more sane views and start saying them aloud.  
I mean something like this, a person's thought process would go like this:  If someone else can post “How nice to see the people of Israel waking up and fighting for our right to exist! Death to the Arabs, Muhammad is a pig!”   and truly believes that and is willing to openly say so, surely I can say I oppose the Oslo death process if I disagree with it.    

Btw, I actually agree with that quote completely, but even for people who are more "moderate" rightwingers, who maybe wouldn't say something as extreme as that, I think they are emboldened by rhetoric like this.   At this point in the game, personally, nothing so minimal like harsh rhetoric is out of bounds for me when it comes to opposing surrender to the arabs.