Author Topic: Talking point memo site where many Israel haters blog say muslim/nazi terrorist  (Read 361 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
not a bad guy                       http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/205788.php     

« The Al-Raya (Black Flags of Jihad) Are Coming | Main
January 10, 2011
Morons at TPM: Begolly isn't so bad, just a loner who snapped
Morons at Jawa Report: Wow, Are You Guys Lazy or Just Stupid?

What happens when morons get a blog that tries to pass as insightful journalism? Talking Points Memo:

But a closer look at Begolly's case and his personal background suggests that the pro-jihad and anti-Semitic remarks which brought him to the attention of law enforcement may be the product of a troubled past. And while his personal political beliefs appear to have been radicalized following what his mother described as a "breakdown" last month, his lawyer argued that there's no indication he had the intent -- or the means -- to wage any sort of attack.

That's brilliant "muckraking" there. Your sources include a) the suspect's mother; b) the suspect's lawyer.

But it gets worse:

Little information can be found on on Begolly's past political activity or whether he has a long history of radicalism. What can be found is unremarkable:

Really?

So, if I understand TPM's article correctly, there are two assertions: 1) Begolly's instability is something recent -- probably no more than a month ago did he snap; 2) Begolly wasn't really that radical -- or at least not until a month ago when he "snapped". Or, if he is a radical, no evidence of this can be found on the internet.

Here is a screenshot of a simple Google search of the Ansar al-Mujahideen forum for "Asadullah Alshishani, Begolly's nickname*, which Begolly helped moderate. The Ansar al-Mujhaideen forum is a known hangout for supporters of violent Islamism. Did I mention that he was a moderator?

begolly_ansarnet_google.jpg

In fact, so active was Begolly on extremist forums that his self proclaimed title of "nasheed expert" was never challenged. He was, literally, the go-to guy for any one interested in songs written by or dedicated to terrorists. Over time Begolly began to write his own nasheeds -- some of them already noted here and elsewhere in the MSM. But let's just focus on one nasheed that Begolly wrote and which was received enthusiastically by the online jihadi community:

begolly_ansarnet_Jews_blood.jpg

Here are the lyrics:

When the Jew's blood reds my knife
    Then my life is free from strife

Hiding behind rocks and trees
    I'll find them with greatest ease
    Make them get down on their knees
    Slaughter them despite their pleas

Throw them in the ovens hot
    Soap and lampshades sold and bought
    Made of the Jews that we shot
    Mercy's something I have not

With the bomb and machinegun
    Blast at them and watch them run
    We will have a lot of fun
    Shoot and kill Jews one by one

Rise up, O Salahuddin
    Great and brave Mujahideen
    Like the Sheikh Ahmed Yassin [ed note: founder of the terrorist group Hamas]
    For the Love of Filistine

At Al Aqsa we shall meet
    After Israel's defeat
    Their dead bodies at our feet
    Taste of victory is sweet

Jerusalem is calling me
    Asadullah Alshishani
    Jihad's where you're meant to be
    Come and set the captives free

Nothing radical about that! But when did Begolly post this?

begolly_ansarnet_Jews_blood_date.jpg

That would be June of last year which -- if my amazing math skills are right -- puts his radicalization far earlier than either his mother, lawyer, or Talking Points Memo suggests.

Now, I found that out using an obscure piece of online technology called "Google". Perhaps using "Google" -- or "Googling", as we small few with advanced degrees call it -- was too difficult for TPM?

That's the ten minute "research" version of Begolly's online activities. But, it just so happens that Emmerson's online Islamic extremism goes way back. Like, way back.

How far back?

begolly_bin_laden_small.jpg

PS - I almost forgot this. Notice three things: 1) The date; 2) The number of posts attributed to Begolly as of late 2009; 3) What Begolly calls himself.

begolly_chechen_terrorist.jpg

Any suggestion that Emmerson Begolly has only recently displayed support of violent extremism by the media, his family, or his lawyers are either sorely mistaken on the facts or deliberately misleading.

And any narrative which suggest that Begolly isn't dangerous because he's just a social outcast and perhaps a little crazy should be reminded of Nidal Hasan and Jared Loughner.

*Begolly had a number of nicknames online including Asadullah Alshishani, Abu Nancy, Gaot Lee, Goatly, and Goat Lee. Unfortunately the nicknames have been misprinted a number of times and those misprints reprinted over and over again.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03