Author Topic: Did Palin know she used an anti semetic term  (Read 724 times)

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
Did Palin know she used an anti semetic term
« on: January 12, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/12/palin-criticized-for-using-blood-libel/?hpt=T1

Apparently, she compared the blame of the Tuscan murder to "blood libel", a term which is used to  blamed Jews for killing Christians .   I had no idea that "blood libel" is a anti- Semitic phrase, but did Palin know that?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Did Palin know she used an anti semetic term
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/12/palin-criticized-for-using-blood-libel/?hpt=T1

Apparently, she compared the blame of the Tuscan murder to "blood libel", a term which is used to  blamed Jews for killing Christians .   I had no idea that "blood libel" is a anti- Semitic phrase, but did Palin know that?

It' not an antisemetic term, it's a term that describes an antisemetic accusation or a baseless accusation given the historical blood libels which took place as phony accusations against the jewish community by certain christians.  I think the term is fitting here.  The whole media is accusing tea party of murder

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 07:56:40 PM »

It' not an antisemetic term, it's a term that describes an antisemetic accusation or a baseless accusation given the historical blood libels which took place as phony accusations against the jewish community by certain christians.  I think the term is fitting here.  The whole media is accusing tea party of murder

I agree... I do not see anything offensive in what she allegedly said concerning 'blood libel' against her... It seems the liberal Jews are a bit to sensitive about these things...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »
The adl doesn't take the time to criticize obamas anti israel policies but make a big deal of this. I'm sorry but the adl has no say of what is anti
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »
I agree... I do not see anything offensive in what she allegedly said concerning 'blood libel' against her... It seems the liberal Jews are a bit to sensitive about these things...

They are not sensitive about the term they just hate Palin.  If Obaama used the term they would have no problem.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 10:13:16 AM »
The adl doesn't take the time to criticize obamas anti israel policies but make a big deal of this. I'm sorry but the adl has no say of what is anti

Exactly.       When the ADL steps up in the attempt to prevent Israel from surrendering land and a Fakeastian state being created,    then they will start having credibility.    Right now,   they are much more of a problem than a solution.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 10:17:52 AM »
They are not sensitive about the term they just hate Palin.  If Obaama used the term they would have no problem.

There's certainly a double standard against Sarah Palin and in favor of Barack Hussein Obama.     The Lamestream Media attempted to find more dirt on Sarah Palin in the one week after John McCain chose Palin as his running mate than than did with BHO in the 18 + months after he declared he was a candidate for President of the United States.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 04:48:12 PM »
I am not a Sarah Palin fan anymore but I'd like for someone to explain to me how what she said is anti-Semitic.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 05:01:46 PM »
It was not Anti Semitic. The term "Blood Libel" comes from when Christians started accusing Jews of baking Matzah with the blood of Christian Babies. That is the source of the term. I didn't see anything wrong with it because is a way they are trying to say that Palin has blood on her hands which is a 100% lie.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 05:37:20 PM »
I agree David...

The term is not antisemitic. The term 'blood libel' refers to antisemitic accusations that Jews used Christian childrens blood in Matzah, and other accusations that the Jews need gentile blood for rituals...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14