Author Topic: ideas for spreading JTF Israel  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
ideas for spreading JTF Israel
« on: January 17, 2011, 04:23:37 PM »
I think what we must do is create an internet radio station that repeats Chaim's broadcasts 24/7.

The technology shouldn't be too difficult...basically set up the software and load a series of 20 of the most recent mp3s in hebrew.

It is ok that the broadcasts will be repeating every 4 hours or so...the system will be created so that new broadcasts can be added.

This way, someone with a radio station in Israel could easily stream your broadcasts for a few hours everyday.

Someone should research this technology. MP3 would take much less bandwidth than video.

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
Re: ideas for spreading JTF Israel
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:41:10 PM »
Most of the radio stations wil not broadcast us, The only radio station i think may consider us will be arutz sheva. We would have to get chaim to be guests on michael savage, glenn beck, rush limbaugh. Maybe he can be on mike huckabee tv show. All people will have to do is contact them and see if we can schedule the date if there interested or they will say jump off a cliff.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »
Most of the radio stations wil not broadcast us, The only radio station i think may consider us will be arutz sheva. We would have to get chaim to be guests on michael savage, glenn beck, rush limbaugh. Maybe he can be on mike huckabee tv show. All people will have to do is contact them and see if we can schedule the date if there interested or they will say jump off a cliff.

He did not suggest that we broadcast on the Airwaves. It does not require a license to broadcast on the Internet, which is what he suggested. It does not require very much technical ability to set up a Shoutcast server...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoutcast

SHOUTcast is cross-platform proprietary software for streaming media over the Internet. SHOUTcast Radio is a related web site which provides a directory of SHOUTcast servers. The software, developed by Nullsoft, allows digital audio content, primarily in MP3 or HE-AAC format, to be broadcast to and from media player software, enabling the creation of Internet radio "stations".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icecast

Icecast is an open-source version of Shoutcast...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_radio

Tutorial on setting up free Icecast server : http://www.worldtvradio.com/blog/internet_broadcast/icecast.htm
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:15:26 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:44:27 PM »

Trying to get Chaim on one or more of the programs on Arutz Sheva is something JTF should pursue.       In my opinion,    this is a realistic goal.     This would be a compliment  ( work hand and hand )   with the efforts in trying to expand JTF's video presence in Israel,  which is something Chaim discussed on the most recent " Ask JTF' program.      A reason why I believe some Arutz Sheva hosts would serious consider giving Chaim air time is he's a powerful speaker,    who can only help increase the amount of listeners of the program.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »
What about a company called Blogtalkradio?

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/

Perhaps there's an Israeli equivalent?

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »
Why not make like bumper stickers or those hello my name is style stickers and stick them through out the Israel?
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:05:37 PM »
בס''ד

Thank you for working on ideas. Please keep making suggestions. If we all think about this together, we have a better chance of figuring out how to do this on a massive scale, G-d willing.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »
I like this idea of a continuing streaming Chaim/JTF show and free over the internet.  The next thing once that is possible is have a way to advertise it so people actually know where to look and listen to it.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 04:10:46 AM »
There must be a link to the archive site on the frontpage.

Someone can also climb a high building dressed as Spiderman and then when he speaks to the press say his name is Chaim ben Pesach.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 05:10:41 AM »
I think it would be a good idea to shoot a documentary film on Chaim Ben Pesach, his life, his struggle, his ideas. The narrator should take a neutral stand and ask the Israeli authorities their own version of the story. This is because, for that project to be effective in terms of publicizing Chaim's case, the film would have to be aired on a television network with the largest possible audience. So it should not look like a supporter's point of view. Basically, the narrator should keep himself/herself in the background and let Chaim talk. This is what we want : we want him to be heard and disseminate his message. In this respect, we should not be afraid to make the narrator look critical at times and ask questions that challenge Chaim's point of view. This way, the truth, which is on our side, will emerge clearly out of a confrontation of conflicting views, while we increase the chances of the film getting aired on a large television network if we can make a case that the documentary presents a critical discussion. Of course, the Israeli authorities will do their best to censor the film in the Israeli media but if we can manage to draw attention to the film elsewhere (especially in the US), this could quickly become an embarrassment for the Israeli authorities.
Are there JTFers who have technical abilities in this field (shooting, editing) and the required equipment (not much is required, basically a camera), or who can get qualified people to work for us ?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 05:42:26 AM »
Would the Israeli gov't attempt to put a firewall on this like the Chinese government does with websites it doesn't want the people seeing?

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 01:34:47 PM »
the main advantage I think of internet radio is that it will make it easy for other interested groups to simply 'stream through' the broadcasts to their traditional radio station. by doing this you make it easier for interested parties in Israel to help. I think you have to make things as easy as possible.

Internet marketing is about making things easier for your affiliates and in this case, political supporters. Cut and paste or plug in and stream through to airwaves.

It should be scalable too.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 09:59:26 AM »
I think it would be a good idea to shoot a documentary film on Chaim Ben Pesach, his life, his struggle, his ideas. The narrator should take a neutral stand and ask the Israeli authorities their own version of the story. This is because, for that project to be effective in terms of publicizing Chaim's case, the film would have to be aired on a television network with the largest possible audience. So it should not look like a supporter's point of view. Basically, the narrator should keep himself/herself in the background and let Chaim talk. This is what we want : we want him to be heard and disseminate his message. In this respect, we should not be afraid to make the narrator look critical at times and ask questions that challenge Chaim's point of view. This way, the truth, which is on our side, will emerge clearly out of a confrontation of conflicting views, while we increase the chances of the film getting aired on a large television network if we can make a case that the documentary presents a critical discussion. Of course, the Israeli authorities will do their best to censor the film in the Israeli media but if we can manage to draw attention to the film elsewhere (especially in the US), this could quickly become an embarrassment for the Israeli authorities.
Are there JTFers who have technical abilities in this field (shooting, editing) and the required equipment (not much is required, basically a camera), or who can get qualified people to work for us ?

This is a good idea. You only need to rent an expensive camera and some guy asking devil's advocate questions.