Author Topic: What do you guys think of Jon Voight?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
What do you guys think of Jon Voight?
« on: January 30, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/22/dear-mr-president-jon-voight/

I read the above link, and wanted to see if you guys think he's on the level.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: What do you guys think of Jon Voight?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »
In my opinion,   Jon Voight is the most pro-Israel person in Hollywood.    A REAL friend of Israel!   Jon Voight is a rare exception to the rule in Hollywood,   which is overwhelmingly leftist.    Jon Voight is a true American Patriot!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/22/dear-mr-president-jon-voight/

I read the above link, and wanted to see if you guys think he's on the level.
From what I read about him he has had quite a shift in his policy over the years moving from a liberal to some sort of conservative.. On Israel however he seems to be more consistent with his support... The fact he speaks out as he does coming from the entertainment industry says a great deal since I am sure it's not winning him any popularity contests... I believe I have seen him and have even heard him on the Glen Beck shows and  he seems to be dedicated in his positions...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 12:29:48 PM »
I love John Voight.... His support of the Jewish people is noble... He has been involved with the Chabad telethon for several years...

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/416,113276/Noahs-Spark-An-Interview-With-Jon-Voight.html

http://noahidenations.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=520&Itemid=88888892
Yes, my friends, Jon Voight is a Noahide, who has dedicated his life to helping others; speaking of and practicing the Seven Noahide Laws, and seeking justice for those to weak to seek it themselves.

Jon Voight along with Sylvester Stallone and Paula Abdul were part of the "Live for Sderot" concert, which was held in Los Angeles and dedicated to the children of the Qassam-battered town.  It was the opening ceremony for Israel's 60th anniversary celebrations supported by many in Hollywood.

Mr. Voight has been part of Chabad’s “L'chaim to Life Telethon” for nearly 20 years and considers it an honor to participate.

Like many in Hollywood Mr. Voight could have promoted causes that don’t truly benefit Mankind but instead he dedicated much of his time to charity work. A journalist visitor to his home would later note the posters on his wall - Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King.  Mr. Voight's role models are hard to live up to, but he has tried, variously working to help drug victims in rehab, the homeless, the farmers, immigrants, the elderly, Vietnam veterans, Native Americans, the children of Chernobyl and, especially, kids in general. Often his charity work has tied in with his film work, and vice versa.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 06:19:27 AM »
From what I read about him he has had quite a shift in his policy over the years moving from a liberal to some sort of conservative.. On Israel however he seems to be more consistent with his support... The fact he speaks out as he does coming from the entertainment industry says a great deal since I am sure it's not winning him any popularity contests... I believe I have seen him and have even heard him on the Glen Beck shows and  he seems to be dedicated in his positions...
True Jon Voight is an extreme pro Israel to bad they're not enough Jews who think like him.He's also very pro U.S.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Voight seems to be the exact opposite of his daughter Angelina Jolie.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 12:07:24 PM »

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »
He must be hated in Hollywood, thats for sure.