Author Topic: Nir Rosen extreme anti Israel teacher at N.Y.U resigns after mocking rape of  (Read 345 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Lara Logan.Actually he was probably told to resign                             

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/206349.php

NYU Professor who Trashed Sexual Assault Victim Resigns ... But Since Egyptian Mob Who Attacked Her Thought She was a Jew, He's not sure what the big deal is?

Okay, I might have made up that last part in the headline, but the mob did seem to be under the impression that Lara Logan was a Jew.

Because nothing screams Jew more than a blond hair blue eyed babe.

And even though it seems that some in the Egyptian Army helped rescue Logan, this report suggests that they too thought she was part of the grand Zionist conspiracy:

A network source told The Post that her attackers were screaming, "Jew! Jew!" during the assault. And the day before, Logan had told Esquire.com that Egyptian soldiers hassling her and her crew had accused them of "being Israeli spies." Logan is not Jewish.

And if every one in Egypt thought Logan was a Jew, then why did the NYU Professor Nir Rosen resign after his viscous attack on her yesterday? Given that Nir Rosen seems to think that acts of terrorism against Israeli civilians is legitimate resistance, I don't see why he would think it was a big deal or feign to act apologetic.

After all, if killing a "Zionist" Jew is a legitimate act of resistance, then why isn't raping a "Zionist" Jew? As heinous as rape is, in the moral hierarchy it is not quite as bad as murder.

UPDATE: In addition to being a first rate [censored], he's also a traitor. And by traitor I mean traitor-traitor. Actual traitor. It's time guys like this face a firing squad, not tenure at one of the nation's premier schools.

UPDATE by Dmartyr: NYU's Center for Law and Security has issued a statement:

Official CLS Statement on Nir Rosen

From Karen J. Greenberg, Executive Director, Center on Law and Security:

Nir Rosen is always provocative, but he crossed the line with his comments about Lara Logan. I am deeply distressed by what he wrote about Ms. Logan and strongly denounce his comments. They were cruel and insensitive and completely unacceptable. Mr. Rosen tells me that he misunderstood the severity of the attack on her in Cairo. He has apologized, withdrawn his remarks, and submitted his resignation as a fellow, which I have accepted. However, this in no way compensates for the harm his comments have inflicted. We are all horrified by what happened to Ms. Logan, and our thoughts are with her during this difficult time.

He also could be considered a traitor to the U.S.    NYU Professor who Trashed Sexual Assault Victim Resigns ... But Since Egyptian Mob Who Attacked Her Thought She was a Jew, He's not sure what the big deal is?

Okay, I might have made up that last part in the headline, but the mob did seem to be under the impression that Lara Logan was a Jew.

Because nothing screams Jew more than a blond hair blue eyed babe.

And even though it seems that some in the Egyptian Army helped rescue Logan, this report suggests that they too thought she was part of the grand Zionist conspiracy:

A network source told The Post that her attackers were screaming, "Jew! Jew!" during the assault. And the day before, Logan had told Esquire.com that Egyptian soldiers hassling her and her crew had accused them of "being Israeli spies." Logan is not Jewish.

And if every one in Egypt thought Logan was a Jew, then why did the NYU Professor Nir Rosen resign after his viscous attack on her yesterday? Given that Nir Rosen seems to think that acts of terrorism against Israeli civilians is legitimate resistance, I don't see why he would think it was a big deal or feign to act apologetic.

After all, if killing a "Zionist" Jew is a legitimate act of resistance, then why isn't raping a "Zionist" Jew? As heinous as rape is, in the moral hierarchy it is not quite as bad as murder.

UPDATE: In addition to being a first rate [censored], he's also a traitor. And by traitor I mean traitor-traitor. Actual traitor. It's time guys like this face a firing squad, not tenure at one of the nation's premier schools.

UPDATE by Dmartyr: NYU's Center for Law and Security has issued a statement:

Official CLS Statement on Nir Rosen

From Karen J. Greenberg, Executive Director, Center on Law and Security:

Nir Rosen is always provocative, but he crossed the line with his comments about Lara Logan. I am deeply distressed by what he wrote about Ms. Logan and strongly denounce his comments. They were cruel and insensitive and completely unacceptable. Mr. Rosen tells me that he misunderstood the severity of the attack on her in Cairo. He has apologized, withdrawn his remarks, and submitted his resignation as a fellow, which I have accepted. However, this in no way compensates for the harm his comments have inflicted. We are all horrified by what happened to Ms. Logan, and our thoughts are with her during this difficult time.   

He also is a traitor to the U.S. typical leftist Jew 

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/of_all_the_fked-up_st_ive_read_in_my_life_nir_rosen_used_his_passport_to_help_the_taliban.html                   

Of All The F**ked-Up S**t I've Read In My Life. Nir Rosen Used His Passport To Help The Taliban
By Armed Liberal on November 1, 2008 3:12 AM | 60 Comments

I think this takes the cake - God, I certainly hope it does.

I sat down this evening to hand out candy and do a quick post on journalism - in the light of the Nir Rosen Rolling Stone piece - bringing up my usual "journalist vs. citizen" point, and ragging, in a pipe-smoking philosophical way, on Rosen's detachment and belief that he's somehow "more" than a citizen - he's a journalist.

Then I sat down to reread Bing West's attack on Rosen and the comment thread under it, and went ballistic.

Because Rosen didn't just embed with the Taliban on an operation - he used his journalistic credentials to help them get past an Afghan army guard.

i did not say i deceived the afghan soldier. on the contrary, both i and the taliban commanders i was with told the afghan soldiers that i was a journalist and in fact i showed him my passport. of course there is nothing wrong with deceiving anybody if its going to protect you, but it wasnt necessary in this case, and i did not claim to deceive them. i in fact had to persuade them that i was a journalist and not a suicide bomber, which is what they suspected at first.

I'd like to be speechless; instead what comes to mind is a string of invective that will get the blog blocked in corporate firewalls for quite some time.

If I, or the parent of another American soldier, ever meet Mr. Rosen, he'll be lucky to only get the contents of my drink in his face.

Mr. Rosen enjoys the protections of a US passport; he was born in New York City.

I'll let a better man than I have the final word.In the colloquium on journalistic ethics that I frequently cite, after the two leading journalists explained that they would stand by and roll tape as an American force was ambushed, an American soldier stood up. Col. George M. Connell said:

"I feel utter . . . contempt. " Two days after this hypothetical episode, Connell Jennings or Wallace might be back with the American forces--and could be wounded by stray fire, as combat journalists often had been before. The instant that happened he said, they wouldn't be "just journalists" any more. Then they would drag them back, rather than leaving them to bleed to death on the battlefield. "We'll do it!" Connell said. "And that is what makes me so contemptuous of them. Marines will die going to get ... a couple of journalists." The last few words dripped with disgust.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:11:22 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03