Author Topic: Four Israeli Embassies, Consulates Reported Shut Down  (Read 335 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Four Israeli Embassies, Consulates Reported Shut Down
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/142397

Four Israeli embassies and consulates have been temporarily shut down due to a mounting terror threat, according to foreign press. Turkish newspaper Hurriet reported that the Israeli embassy in Ankara and the consulate in Istanbul are among the diplomatic missions that have shut their doors.

The Counter-Terror Bureau has cited, in recent days, a growing threat of the imminent execution of terror attacks against Jewish and Israeli targets abroad, with emphases on Egypt, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Mauritania and Venezuela.

The Bureau urges Israelis traveling to these countries to avoid places where there are concentrations of Israelis, and to obey the instructions of local law-enforcement authorities.

The state of high alert is due to the third anniversary of the demise of Hizbullah super-terrorist Imad Mughniyeh in February of 2008. Hassan Nasrallah, who leads Iranian proxy militia Hizbullah in Lebanon, spoke Wednesday in Beirut on the anniversary of Mughniyeh's death and threatened Israel. He said that despite the time that had passed since Mughniyeh's assassination, revenge would come about.

"I say to the commanders and Zionist generals, wherever you may go in the world, anyplace and at any time, you must always guard your heads, because the blood of Imad Mughniyeh was not spilled in vain."   

Nasrallah quoted Defense Minister Ehud Barak as telling IDF soldiers that they must be prepared for the possibility of re-entering Lebanon, if war breaks out, and warned: "I want to tell the incoming chief of staff Gantz, the outgoing chief of staff Ashkenazi, and Defense Minister Barak: if Israel forces a war upon Lebanon, I will ask the soldiers of Hizbullah to take control of the Galilee."

In response to Nasrallah's threats, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak advised him to "stay in his bunker."