Author Topic: U.K.Mini series portrays Israel like nazis new low, must see  (Read 644 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
U.K.Mini series portrays Israel like nazis new low, must see
« on: March 10, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
1 part is true about this mini series in the movie the girls father is pro muzzie and so is daughter all in family          

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4040198,00.html      

'British show demonizes Israel'

British mini-series based in Israel 'worse than anything I've seen,' London embassy spokesman says; show draws parallels involving IDF, Nazi era, heroine helps Palestinians smuggle arms into Gaza

Aviel Magnezi
Published:    03.10.11, 00:53 / Israel News

Share on TwitterShare on Facebook

A British mini-series that slams the IDF and the State of Israel has been slammed by the Jewish state's embassy spokesman, Amir Ofek, as "a new category of hostility towards Israel."

The mini-series, which provoked accusations of demonization and hate-mongering, has been hailed by British TV critics as the year's best drama.
Watch show's trailer

The show, which was mostly filmed in Israel, provoked fury among many British Jewish. Ofek told the Jewish Chronicle that "In my 15-year career I have never seen anything like it in the Western media. I'm aware of artistic freedom, but nevertheless I feel this is worse than anything I've seen."

"It's obvious there was a special attempt to demonize Israelis," he said. They used every tool available - visuals especially - to undermine the Israeli perspective."

The show's heroine is a young British woman who travels to Israel ahead of her Israeli friend's enlistment with the IDF. Before the trip, she comes across a diary written by her dying grandfather, who during the 1940s helped save Jews from death camp and was later sent to the Land of Israel at the service of Her Majesty.

In Israel, the young Londoner searches for Muhammad, a friend of her grandfather. While at it, she helps the Palestinians smuggles arms to Gaza, just like her grandpa helped the Arabs earlier.

Director inspired by leftist group  
Throughout the mini-series, the audience is treated to parallels pertaining to IDF operations in Judea and Samaria, the acts of underground groups against the Brits, and the grandfather's memories from the death camp.

Close to two million people watched the first episode of the show, which was directed by Peter Kosminsky, whose grandfather is Jewish. One of the stars of the mini-series is Israeli actor Itay Tiran, in the role of an IDF soldier who served in Hebron and "sobered up." Kosminsky said he was inspired after reading testimonials of Israeli soldiers involved with the Breaking the Silence organization.

Advertisement   

Embassy Spokesman Ofek said IDF troops were portrayed as blood-thirsty, while the Palestinians were mostly in the role of helpless victims. The diplomat also slammed the portrayal of wealthy Israeli families spending their time in the swimming pool as unrepresentative of Israeli society.

"In my time here, we have never had as many complaints from people as we have had for this program. When I asked people if they had watched all the episodes they said they had given up because it was so upsetting," he said.    

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:44:26 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: U.K.Mini series pertrays Israel like nazis new low
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 07:40:23 AM »
 A little about this 'Israeli' actor i see nothing about him serving in the IDF and his wedding was really a joke                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itay_Tiran  

Tiran met singer/actress Melanie Peres in 2007. They were married by Udi Aloni, in ex-Minister of Culture and Education Shulamit Aloni's garden on October 31, 2008. They live in Tel Aviv.
:::D :::D   

This is also interesting he was in the movie Beaufort people complained that most of the actors never even served in the IDF although Israelis 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_%28film%29   

The casting has raised serious public criticism in Israel, especially from families of slain soldiers and war veterans, given the fact that some of the actors did not serve in the Israeli army (Army service is compulsory in Israel, although some people are exempt). Cedar commented that the actors had to spend a month at an actual outpost preparing for their roles, and that "Israel may be the only place where actors are expected to have actual combat experience when playing soldiers in a movie".[1]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 07:47:14 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: U.K.Mini series portrays Israel like nazis new low, must see
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »
I wonder if the ending will show those weapons being used to blow up Israeli children or will that part be conveniently left out?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 01:15:10 PM »

I am sure the British will love this show, most of them are so hateful of Israel and so fond of Arab dicks.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 01:16:13 PM »
I am sure the British will love this show, most of them are so hateful of Israel and so fond of Arab dicks.
True

Shot at 2010-01-03