Author Topic: Terrorist UN hosts anti-Israel Film screening  (Read 353 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Terrorist UN hosts anti-Israel Film screening
« on: March 14, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
The evil organization called the UN is once again proving that its only reason to exist is to chastise and incite against Israel and Jews. My hatred for the UN grows every day as I learn more and more about this insidious organization. I am one who thinks that the US should cut all ties with this dirty little arab fascist organization. During the height of the cold war the UN may of had some usefulness but today it only exists to accuse, blame, and prosecute Israel and Jewish people.

This week this organization hosts a film which portrays Jew-killing arab terrorists in a 'good' light. Made by a back-stabbing self-hating Jew named Julian Schnabel {Yemach Shemo} the film plays a game of moral relativism. Any Jew who sees anything good in Jew-hating scum is a Jew-hating scum himself...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/03/weinstein-film-miral-courts-controversy-ahead-of-its-us-premiere-tonight-at-the-united-nations.html

'Miral' courts controversy ahead of its U.S. premiere at the United Nations

Monday night's U.S. premiere of "Miral," director Julian Schnabel's film tracking a young Palestinian girl's relationship with terrorism and Israel following the 1948 war for Israeli independence, has encountered a wave of controversy, with the American Jewish Committee calling on the U.N. General Assembly president to cancel its screening at U.N. headquarters in New York.

The American Jewish Committee believes the film portrays Israel negatively. In a letter to the world body, AJC Executive Director David Harris said showing the film in the U.N. General Assembly hall "will only serve to reinforce the already widespread view that Israel simply cannot expect fair treatment in the U.N."

Schnabel, an American Jew, along with the film's Jewish-American distributor, Harvey Weinstein, are rejecting the charges of bias and have invited AJC representatives to Monday's premiere.  "We are surprised and saddened that the American Jewish Committee would prejudge 'Miral' and move to block the showing of the film," said the movie's producer Jon Kilik. "We made this film in order to encourage the very dialogue that the AJC seems to want to prevent. We hope the AJC will come to the premiere instead of trying to cancel it."

Schnabel, who shot the movie in Jerusalem and the West Bank, added, "I love the state of Israel. I believe in it, and my film is about preserving it, not hurting it. Understanding is part of the Jewish way, and Jewish people are supposed to be good listeners. But if we don't listen to the other side, we can never have peace."

"Miral" is based on the autobiographical novel of Palestinian journalist Rula Jebreal and stars "Slumdog Millionaire" actress Freida Pinto. The film centers on Miral, who grew up, like Jebreal, in an orphanage in East Jerusalem that was founded by a wealthy Palestinian woman. The film traces the two women's lives from the beginnings of the orphanage to the Oslo peace accords in 1993. The film played at the Venice and Toronto film festivals last year.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14