Poll

What's your opinion about the use of nuclear centrals in the world?

They should be kept.
7 (70%)
They should be shut down.
3 (30%)
Don't know.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Nuclear Energy  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Nuclear Energy
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:50:40 AM »
After the the disaster in Japan, people in many countries have begun questioning the nuclear reactors. What's you opinion about them?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Nuclear Energy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 07:38:38 AM »
I vote kept but in fact I think they should be replaced. There are still about 10 reactors of the Chernobyl type operating in Russia. The newer 3rd generation designs are much safer and the next 4th generation should be even better. When a reactor is designed properly, even in worse case scenario the deadly radiation contamination should be contained to a few kms radius from the plant.

There is still the problem of nuclear proliferation but I think that if western countries stop building nuclear plants, and BTW I don't think France would ever agree to such action, China, Russia, India and other nations would continue to develop their own designs and offer them for sale to muslim nazi nations. 

There is also the problem of deliberate sabotage. If you have Quranimals operating a nuclear power plant they may purposely create the worst meltdown catastrophe because of their insane suicide bombing mentality. You might even see Quranimals working in nuclear plants in a western country trying to create a meltdown terror attack. 

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:55:11 AM »
Zellhar, with "Kept" I meant to keep on using that sort of energy, including the possibilty of replacing reactors with safer ones.
Since I was a child, I used to oppose the use of nuclear power whether for peaceful or military purposes. But now I have serious doubts. Regarding electrical power, opposition to reactors could lead to an increse in oil dependence favouring Arab regimes. And abolishing all nuclears weapons might also give more power to Muslims who could still use chemical or biological ones without fear.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:08:55 AM »
The bigger problem is muslim power not nuclear power.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 08:18:24 AM »
First fusion, efficiency with wind and solar need to be discovered to surpass nuclear and oil.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »
I vote kept but in fact I think they should be replaced. There are still about 10 reactors of the Chernobyl type operating in Russia. The newer 3rd generation designs are much safer and the next 4th generation should be even better. When a reactor is designed properly, even in worse case scenario the deadly radiation contamination should be contained to a few kms radius from the plant.

There is still the problem of nuclear proliferation but I think that if western countries stop building nuclear plants, and BTW I don't think France would ever agree to such action, China, Russia, India and other nations would continue to develop their own designs and offer them for sale to muslim nazi nations. 

There is also the problem of deliberate sabotage. If you have Quranimals operating a nuclear power plant they may purposely create the worst meltdown catastrophe because of their insane suicide bombing mentality. You might even see Quranimals working in nuclear plants in a western country trying to create a meltdown terror attack. 

I think your point with the Muslims working in or operating nuclear power plants is a good one. They must be kept away from dangerous technologies.

In addition there is a problem with their capability to understand complex problems. Alone this is a big threat.

In my oppinion the general use of nuclear technology is a complicated question. There is risc, but there are benefits too.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:48 AM »
I definitely think renewable technologies like hydro, solar and wind are the way to go for the future. We definitely cannot keep relying on oil or coal. Nuclear is still relatively safe but as you're seeing now require tons of upkeep if you live in any disaster area.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 10:56:39 AM »
They should invest more and more in research on Fusion Reactors and once successful shall replace all other power generating devices with it. It is almost free from radioactivity, crippling explosions and chain reactions with abundance of cheap fuel availability.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:02:55 AM by syyuge »
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »
There are doznes of nuclear stations in the United States that have been quietly cranking out hundreds of megawatts day and night for decades, and at modest cost.  Some of those stations are so productive that they can only be called monuments to the technical genius of mankind.

As for what happened in Japan, let's wait for the official report and not whack-out on incomplete data like the Germans.

This will not please some earlier posters in this section, but this must be said:  Anybody who suggests that thre will be an easy transition to wind and solar is certifiably delusional.  I've written this before, the USA could go fully solar and wind in ten years, if we're all willing to pay a ten-fold increase in our power bills, while seeing all business flee the country.  Utilities place solar and wind projects strictly for PR ..... such projects are absolute losers economically.

As for fusion, the only place where that exists on earth is where somebody detonates an H-bomb.  I'm aware of absolutely no successful tests of controlled fusion even in the most advanced laboratories on earth.  Even the most optimistic dreamers admit controlled fusion is decades away.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 03:21:34 PM »
I agree that during 1986, the first successfully controlled Fusion test model was anticipated to be developed by 2010. Scientists still seem to be decades away from it, however whenever it arrives it is going to be the ultimate solution concerning and correlating all the matters and aspects involved.

Problem is that the modern nuclear power research has almost always subdued the better options like the Thorium Research and the Fusion Research.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:29:32 PM by syyuge »
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »
we can place nuclear reactors in uninhabited places and use the energy to refine water into hydrogen. the reactors can than send the hydrogen to be burned in power plants to send the energy for all the uses it has.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »
The problem of Muslim terrorism. If we have them operating or able to access sensitive areas, we don't need nuclear power to have a disaster. Any sensitive area must be protected from them. By this logic we should also abolish aircraft, since the worst terror attack was done with civil planes.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 12:03:59 AM »
Quote from: Raulmarrio
....By this logic we should also abolish aircraft, since the worst terror attack was done with civil planes.
So far.