Author Topic: Racist or a good point?  (Read 888 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Racist or a good point?
« on: March 18, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »
   So this girl is studying for finals in the Library and wants a quiet place to study. As a result of Asians interrupting her study, she posts a stupid rant on youtube making fun of aspects of Asian culture on the campus. This becomes a national story and she receives death threats. Imagine if this was a video about Schwartzas. Just wondering what everyone's point of view is? 

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Racist or a good point?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:16:35 AM »
The first part of her argument was kind of funny, I think she was just noting some cultural differences. I think she should realize though that in general they're not getting in there due to affirmative action at all but because they really do have high IQs and have earned their spots in the school.

I've seen lots of different types of people using their cell phones in the library and she's right that it's rude to do that. Maybe it was more distracting for her when the Asian people did it because the language has a completely different cadence to the type of speech she's used to and it sort of jars her out of her concentration, especially if it's loud.

I don't have anything against Asian people. There are a lot of Vietnamese people in Houston and as far as I know none of them have ever really caused any problems for me and I haven't had any problem with them either. When I was a cashier and there was a language barrier they were almost always very understanding of that fact and tried to communicate in ways we could both understand, whereas the illegal Mexicans sometimes got all haughty and self-righteous when I didn't understand them.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »
First of all if she wants to be taken seriously she should dress properly not with her breasts bulging out of her tank top..i'm one to talk lol.But seriously if i was a university student complaining on youtube i would dress properly.About the gist of what she's saying the Japs demand you  follow their traditions and customs so they should do the same thing here
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »
I don't find that "racist" because she complains, and justifiably so, about a particular behavior that is disrespectful, that seems to be shared by a specific group of people on cultural grounds.
I agree with Mord, she should dress properly.
I am surprised at what she describes, though, because chinese students are usually very polite, they have good manners and are very respectful of professors and authority in general.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:47:27 AM by Yaakov Mendel »

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:57:39 AM »
The type of behavior she is something all people do in universities, not just asians. There are probably just a lot of asians going to UCLA so that is what she sees. All young people these days act like dumb ghetto schvartzas because we as a society don't value good manners or teach morals anymore.

edit: If you want peace and quiet, study in your dorm room.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
edit: If you want peace and quiet, study in your dorm room.

It sounds like she needed the library because she needs to have access to computers to study and she doesn't have one in her dorm.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 05:23:09 PM »
It sounds like she needed the library because she needs to have access to computers to study and she doesn't have one in her dorm.

So go to amazon and buy one.

www.Amazon.com

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »
So go to amazon and buy one.

www.Amazon.com

Yeah because everyone can just buy anything they want because it's for sale on Amazon right?

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 06:08:15 PM »
Definitely not a Bais Yaakov girl  :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D

But yeah, definitely untznius.