Author Topic: Bachman to run for President  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Bachman to run for President
« on: March 24, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »
I think this is good news.  She is a strong conservative, pro Israel, willing to take on the Republican establishment when they are wrong.  She probably won't win but her presence will be a big plus.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/24/cnn-exclusive-michele-bachmann-to-form-exploratory-committee-in-june-possibly-earlier/

CNN Exclusive: Bachmann to form exploratory committee in June, possibly earlier
 By: CNN Political Producer Shannon Travis

Washington (CNN) – CNN has exclusively learned that Rep. Michele Bachmann will form a presidential exploratory committee. The Minnesota Republican plans to file papers for the committee in early June, with an announcement likely around that same time.

But a source close to the congresswoman said that Bachmann could form the exploratory committee even earlier than June so that she could participate in early Republican presidential debates.

"She's been telling everyone early summer," the source told CNN regarding Bachmann's planned June filing and announcement. But the source said that nothing is static.

"If you [debate sponsors] come to us and say, 'To be in our debates, you have to have an exploratory committee,' then we'll say, 'Okay, fine...I'll go file the forms.'"

Three GOP presidential primary debates are planned before and during early June: The first one on May 2 at the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California and another on May 5 in South Carolina. CNN plans a GOP presidential primary debate in New Hampshire in early June.

Meanwhile, CNN has also learned that Iowa Republican state Sen. Kent Sorenson will likely be hired to be Bachmann's political director for the state - and that Bachmann aides hope to have a complete team together for Iowa by this weekend.

Sorenson is a prominent Tea Party figure in Iowa and holds sway with evangelicals in the state. He has publicly said he will support Bachmann if she mounts a presidential bid.

The three-term congresswoman and Tea Party favorite hopes to also have political teams in place - very soon - in New Hampshire, home to the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, and South Carolina, host of the first presidential primary in the South.

"I could have state directors in all those states within a week," Bachmann Chief of Staff Andy Parrish said.

We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Bachman to run for President
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:19:16 PM »

It's not good news, in my opinion, if it draws support away from Huckabee because, although I like Michelle Bachmann, Mike Huckabee is by far the one who has expressed the most courageous and truthful positions on Israel, and the only one who has already been 12 times to Israel, among potential Republican candidates.

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 05:58:24 PM »
But we do not know if mike huckabee is going to dump his fox news show for a presidential bid.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »
Mee zeh? tov o ra?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
Mee zeh? tov o ra?

It will be seen whether it is good or bad...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:19 PM »
It's not good news, in my opinion, if it draws support away from Huckabee because, although I like Michelle Bachmann, Mike Huckabee is by far the one who has expressed the most courageous and truthful positions on Israel, and the only one who has already been 12 times to Israel, among potential Republican candidates.

I understand what you are saying but I still think another good candidate helps. 
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 11:47:28 PM »
What's her deal? What does JTF think?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 06:04:17 AM »
Mee zeh? tov o ra?

Your Hebrew is a little off I wrote what I think you meant below. Mee zeh?? who is he?? and Tov or Ra is Good or bad.

What should be said He tova or ra?? Is she good or bad

היא טובה או רע

David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 09:11:01 AM »
Overall,    I think Michele Bachmann would be a much better choice for President than the vast majority of people who could enter the race.     If Mike Huckabee doesn't enter the race and Michele Bachmann does enter the race,    I more likely than not will support her efforts to win the Republican Nomination.

There are two concerns that I have with Michele Bachmann:

1)   While I believe her intentions are very Pro-Israel,    like many people in the House of Representative who I believe are Pro-Israel,    Bachmann didn't request that H.R.  1765 from the 2010 Congress would be altered.   

In general :   The fact that the H.R. remained in its current form throughout the process is extremely disturbing to me.    I'm very disappointed that many Republicans in the House who I had favorable opinions of,   that I have helped promote,  co-sponsored this Bill.     I expected this from all of the Democrats on the list but NOT from many of the Republicans  It's not acceptable that the following remained in this Bill:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-hr1765/show

(1) supports a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict resulting in two states, a democratic, Jewish state of Israel and a viable, democratic Palestinian state, living side-by-side in peace, security, and mutual recognition

Basically,    the House of Representatives from the previous Congress  put their rubber stamp on a so called ' two state solution'.      They were willing to overlook the fact that the " Palestinian Authority" /  Fatah  hasn't lived up to any of the previous agreements with Israel,    that they harbor terrorists,   that they continue to encourage terrorism against Israel,   and that they name schools,  streets,  and other entities after Terrorists who have killed and injured many Israelis.     Not to mention that the United States is their enemy and that they encourage death and destruction towards the USA.       

Other than Congressional Candidates who lost their respective elections in 2010 such as Liz Berney and possibly Bob Kunst,   George Hutchins,    Lynne Torgerson,    Rick Barber  and  Michel Faulkner,   as well as Col. Allen West who won his election,     I'm assumung that practically no one else who ran for Congress last year  would have insisted that the H.R. Resolution would be modified.       Michele Bachmann made a major mistake.      I hope that she's receptive to learning from the mistake.    I'm cautious optimistic that she is.     

2)    Michele Bachmann's position on the energy issue isn't good.     

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 11:20:04 AM »
Your Hebrew is a little off I wrote what I think you meant below. Mee zeh?? who is he?? and Tov or Ra is Good or bad.

What should be said He tova or ra?? Is she good or bad

היא טובה או רע

mee zeh = who is this? May not be 100% correct, but every Israeli gets the idea

tov o ra = good or bad, same idea as above.