Author Topic: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (03/28)  (Read 1093 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (03/28)
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:45:03 AM »
בס''ד

www.jtf.org/c.mp3

http://www.4shared.com/audio/mQwRIcSG/_27.html

The program was 2 hours and 33 minutes this week.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Re: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (03/28)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 06:19:39 AM »
The streaker disrupted the show uninvited and the host was visibly appalled, so it was not staged. He also sued the host afterwards.

Warning!: nudity.
h + ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVOIY-5YQPw

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:53:17 AM »

I think this idea that G-d intervenes in world affairs to protect His people is hard to believe after the Shoah.
I am not saying that the Shoah is some kind of evidence that there is no G-d. I believe in G-d and in a world to come. I have listened to Chaim and other religious Jews talk about the Shoah from a Torah point of view and I think what they say makes a lot of sense. I am aware of the difference between emuna and bitachon and I think these are great concepts.
But I am confused here. It would seem clear to me, on the one hand, that Israel's victories in 1948 and in 1967, when the odds were so much against her, are miraculous and they certainly add credit to this idea of G-d's intervention to protect His people in this world. But on another hand, the Shoah looks like such a counter-example...

Offline danny100

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 10:04:13 AM »
John Browning was an American Firearms Inventor who invented the .50 cal Machine gun, the .45 Pistol, and other unique weapons that really helped the U.S. In Both World Wars and he died in Belgium when trying to patent weapons to other European Countries and Yugoslavia.

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:02:25 PM »
Brennan Fan:

You're right about the Catholic world (no offense to the wonderful Irish and Italian JTFers). However, you're wrong about the Greek world: Greeks never had the Church concealing the Bible as only worth to be read by the religious aristocracy... Given, you had to be literate; but if you were, you were not restricted from reading the Bible. This is esp. relevant for Christianity since the original language of the New Testament is Koine Greek...
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:35:51 PM »
Brennan Fan:

You're right about the Catholic world (no offense to the wonderful Irish and Italian JTFers). However, you're wrong about the Greek world: Greeks never had the Church concealing the Bible as only worth to be read by the religious aristocracy... Given, you had to be literate; but if you were, you were not restricted from reading the Bible. This is esp. relevant for Christianity since the original language of the New Testament is Koine Greek...
Good point and I did not know that. You are right that I don't intend to single out Catholicism (look at how terrible Lutheranism, the first Protestant denomination, was/is).

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 01:52:50 AM »
I have to admit, I'm curious to see what Manch's response to Chaim's answer is... Like I said, on an individual level I like Japanese to the extent that they're polite and civilized and advanced; nevertheless, what Chaim said should resonate--it makes sense.

I was just surprised to hear Manch's zealously pro-Jap position. Maybe the story on the reactors "effected change" regarding his outlook on this issue...
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!