Author Topic: Donald Rumsfeld {Yemach Shemo...} Stands against Pollard Pardon  (Read 1458 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Well, Rumsfeld has chosen to stand on the side of evil. I curse this wicked man and pray every day that he dies before Jonathan Pollard...

If you so desire join me in cursing this poor excuse for human flesh...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/143278

Rumsfled: No to Pollard Clemency
by Gavriel Queenann

Former US secretary of defense Donald Rumsfeld told Israel's Channel 10 Thursday Israeli agent Jonathan Pollard should not be granted clemency by US President Barack Obama.

Rumsfeld said freeing someone convicted of spying sends the wrong message that such behavior is acceptable. Rumsfeld did not explain his view in light of the fact that Pollard’s life sentence is grossly disproportionate when compared to the sentences of others convicted of the same charge.

Despite the fact that Pollard entered into a plea agreement and fully cooperated with the prosecution in his case, he nonetheless received a life sentence and a recommendation that he never be paroled, which was in complete violation of the plea deal he had reached with the government.

Jonathan Pollard, whose health has seriously deteriorated during his two and a half decades in prison, has repeatedly expressed his remorse publicly and in private in letters to many Presidents and others.

in the months following Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu's official request to President Obama for clemency for Pollard, many prominent US government officials, high-ranking individuals in the national intelligence arena, leading professionals in the legal world, and renowned religious and communal leaders have issued public calls for clemency for Pollard. Despite Rumsfeld’s comments, efforts to bring about Pollard's have been gaining steam. Recently, John McCain said he would publicly call for Pollard’s release, as has Congressman Michael Grimm from New York.

They are the first Republican legislators, from the Senate and House of Representatives respectively, to call for Pollard's release.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Donald Rumsfeld {Yemach Shemo...} Stands against Pollard Pardon
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
I like Don Rumsfeld a great deal but I must say I am disappointed with his position on Pollard... There has to be more to this case then meets the eye because it seems that there are people in high places that seem to want Pollard behind bars forever... I would normally agree that anyone spying on the United States remain in prison for the rest of their days however a few things about the Pollard case cause me to believe Pollard more then served enough time for what he did... I have a feeling this administration is going to use Pollard as a goodwill gesture to soften up Israel for restarting so called peace talks...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:48:07 PM »
So it's okay for Schmo Lieberman, Arlen Sphincter, and Abe Foxman to stand against Jonathan Pollard but not Rummy. Explain that one.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:03 PM »
So it's okay for Schmo Lieberman, Arlen Sphincter, and Abe Foxman to stand against Jonathan Pollard but not Rummy. Explain that one.

NO, of course it is wrong and condemnable that they are standing against Pollard. But if I remember the thread when you took exception to my position it was concerning something other than Pollard. In light of the Pollard issue Lieberman and Foxman are definitely on the wrong team.

It was my hope that they would have a change of heart concerning Pollard. It seems that many politicians and elected officials are now realizing their errors. But time is running out and it seems that I will ultimately curse Lieberman and Foxman because of this. But I try to avoid cursing Jews because of the injunction for Jews to give the benefit of the doubt and to not spread gossip against a Jew.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »
Yemach Shemo vzichro, may this animal be obliterated forever

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:29:47 PM »
NO, of course it is wrong and condemnable that they are standing against Pollard. But if I remember the thread when you took exception to my position it was concerning something other than Pollard. In light of the Pollard issue Lieberman and Foxman are definitely on the wrong team.

It was my hope that they would have a change of heart concerning Pollard. It seems that many politicians and elected officials are now realizing their errors. But time is running out and it seems that I will ultimately curse Lieberman and Foxman because of this. But I try to avoid cursing Jews because of the injunction for Jews to give the benefit of the doubt and to not spread gossip against a Jew.

I can understand your position but people like Lieberman and Foxman  actually deserve harsher rebuke than Rumsfeld... Rumsfelds position on the issue is actually the correct one...It's only the extenuating issues in the Pollard case that make the argument for Pollard's release... If Jews like Lieberman and Foxman were to stand up for Pollard people like Rumsfeld might change their opinion on the case.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »
Yemach Shemo vzichro, may this animal be obliterated forever
Amen. And same to Lieberman, Specter, Thompson, and all others that oppose this American hero (I'm not talking about that piece of Croat feces).

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »

"Wrong and condemnable"? LOL you said that these people are just misguided and mean well. Can't you just pick one line and stick with it?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »
and it seems that I will ultimately curse Lieberman and Foxman because of this.
I will believe this when I see it, or when I see you donate money to JTF.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »
I will believe this when I see it, or when I see you donate money to JTF.

My contribution to JTF is none of your business... Who gives you the right to say such a thing? Such chutzpah for a little pischer...

Would you mind disclosing what 'donation' you make to JTF? I would be interested to know..

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 10:42:45 PM »
Would you rather I ask you if you contribute to SF?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 12:13:08 AM »
Oh stop this already before I lock this thread. 

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 12:48:54 AM »
Why am I not surprised at this?
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »
seems all these top guys with investments (isn't Rumsfeld invested in Halliburton??)
are scared shitless about the Pollard release.  He must know something...

I pray he is released soon and safely brought to Israel.

Pollard is the real deal.

I really hope this release materializes somehow.