Author Topic: HaRav Shlomo Eliyahu Calles for Korban Pesach  (Read 1192 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
HaRav Shlomo Eliyahu Calles for Korban Pesach
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:54:10 AM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4051918,00.htm

Keep in Mind this is the same position that was stated publicly by HaRav Meir and Binyamin Ze'ev Kahane HaShem Yikom Damam

Rabbi calls for sacrifice on Temple Mount
Jews evading Passover mitzvah are risking supernatural punishment, warns Safed's Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu
Kobi Nahshoni
Published:    04.05.11, 15:01 / Israel Jewish Scene

The annual attempts to resume the Passover sacrifice received a first significant rabbinical backing recently. Safed's Chief Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, a prominent religious Zionism leader, has called on the public to perform the sacrifice mitzvah on the eve of the Jewish holiday, in about two weeks.

Speaking during a Halacha lesson in Jerusalem last week, the rabbi warned that Jews evading the mitzvah were risking "Kareth" - a supernatural punishment for transgressing Jewish Law.

Last Year
Rightists arrested over Pesach sacrifice  / Shmulik Grossman
Noam Federman, Yehuda Glick detained on suspicion of planning to sacrifice young goats near Temple Mount. 'It's a shame and a disgrace that the police are trying to stop Jews from going up to the Temple Mount and offering a sacrifice,' Federman tells Ynet
Full story
According to Rabbi Eliyahu, there is a halachic, legal and public possibility to offer a Passover sacrifice these days. During the lesson, he quoted senior rabbinical authorities, adding that Rabbi Zvi Hirsch Kalisher – one of the founders of modern and religious Zionism – had asked the Turkish sultan to allot an area on the Temple Mount for the erection of an altar for a Passover sacrifice.

The Safed rabbi went on to say that the Passover sacrifice could be slaughtered in front of the Dome of the Rock plaza, although the Temple no longer exists and the people of Israel are defined as "tameh met" (in a status of impurity which comes from contact with a dead body).

In order to overcome the greatest obstacle, beyond the political problem, an altar must be erected, the rabbi said. He also called for the preparation of "priesthood clothes", which are the only ones in which Kohanim (priests) can perform their work at the Temple.

Mission possible
Addressing the legal aspect, Rabbi Eliyahu claimed that every person has the right to perform the commandment of his religion according to his own understanding. He added that petitions filed with the High Court of Justice against the sacrifice were accepted only because the police were unprepared to secure the ceremony.

"It's perfectly clear that if the public pressures its representatives in the government or in the Knesset, everything will change. If the judges have ruled that the police must secure simpler protests, why not the Passover sacrifice?"

Eliyahu rejected the claim that it was impossible to resume the mitzvah publicly. Addressing the international diplomatic ramifications, he said, "We are being threatened that any movement on our part on the Temple Mount will launch the third world war… (But) we can free our souls of the horror of the gentiles, just like we freed ourselves before the Exodus."

He rejected the internal opposition too. "Some fear the public echo of the Passover sacrifice – how will the seculars view it? What will the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals say? The truth is that this should not even be discussed…

"We have already been scorned for the circumcision mitzvah, persecuted and condemned to death for that. Today the UN's health organization recommends that all men undergo circumcision in order to avoid illnesses."

Rabbi Eliyahu said the Torah had predicted that some would mock the sacrifice mitzvah. Such a person, he noted, is called in the Passover Haggadah, the "wicked son", who cleans his hands and says, "This doesn’t belong to me, this blood and primitiveness. I am an enlightened person. I respect animals. I don't slaughter them barbarically."

The rabbi estimated, based on the Bible stories, that those who oppose this mitzvah would eventually change their mind and join the Temple work.

'Break spiritual barrier'
In order to increase the motivation to offer a Passover sacrifice, Eliyahu noted that this is one of two "active mitzvot" (along with the circumcision), and that those evading it risk supernatural punishment and "cause great damage to themselves and to the entire world".

He added that his father, former Chief Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu, wrote that this custom may still exist these days.

"These things should make us break the spiritual barrier preventing us from thinking about offering the Passover sacrifice," Rabbi Eliyahu concluded.

He said his remarks were not lip service, but laws being learned "as a real demand and real preparation for the Passover sacrifice. Although we are not used to it, and have gotten used to living without a temple, we must change our ways."
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: HaRav Shlomo Eliyahu Calles for Korban Pesach
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
Excellent!   Rav Bar Hayim also agrees that the korban pesah must be brought.  God willing there will soon be many rabbis thinking along these lines

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
Beezrat hashem
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »
I hope that we will all be able to offer the Korban Pesach one day...

Remember that we just read about this for Shabbat HaChodesh {I have a part of that Haftorah in my signature}... On Parashat HaChodesh we read the portion of Exodus when the laws of the Korban Pesach are given...

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/default_cdo/aid/70401/jewish/Hachodesh.htm

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/torahreading.asp?AID=15561&p=4

Parashat Bo / Exodus Chapter 12

1. The Lord spoke to Moses and to Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying,
2. This month shall be to you the head of the months; to you it shall be the first of the months of the year.
3. Speak to the entire community of Israel, saying, "On the tenth of this month, let each one take a lamb for each parental home, a lamb for each household.
4. But if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his neighbor who is nearest to his house shall take [one] according to the number of people, each one according to one's ability to eat, shall you be counted for the lamb.
5. You shall have a perfect male lamb in its [first] year; you may take it either from the sheep or from the goats.
6. And you shall keep it for inspection until the fourteenth day of this month, and the entire congregation of the community of Israel shall slaughter it in the afternoon.
7. And they shall take [some] of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel, on the houses in which they will eat it.
8. And on this night, they shall eat the flesh, roasted over the fire, and unleavened cakes; with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
9. You shall not eat it rare or boiled in water, except roasted over the fire its head with its legs and with its innards.
10. And you shall not leave over any of it until morning, and whatever is left over of it until morning, you shall burn in fire.
11. And this is how you shall eat it: your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and you shall eat it in haste it is a Passover sacrifice to the Lord.
12. I will pass through the land of Egypt on this night, and I will smite every firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast, and upon all the gods of Egypt will I wreak judgments I, the Lord.
13. And the blood will be for you for a sign upon the houses where you will be, and I will see the blood and skip over you, and there will be no plague to destroy [you] when I smite the [people of the] land of Egypt.
14. And this day shall be for you as a memorial, and you shall celebrate it as a festival for the Lord; throughout your generations, you shall celebrate it as an everlasting statute.
15. For seven days you shall eat unleavened cakes, but on the preceding day you shall clear away all leaven from your houses, for whoever eats leaven from the first day until the seventh day that soul shall be cut off from Israel.
16. And on the first day there shall be a holy convocation, and on the seventh day you shall have a holy convocation; no work may be performed on them, but what is eaten by any soul that alone may be performed for you.
17. And you shall watch over the unleavened cakes, for on this very day I have taken your legions out of the land of Egypt, and you shall observe this day throughout your generations, [as] an everlasting statute.
18. In the first [month], on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening, you shall eat unleavened cakes, until the twenty first day of the month in the evening.
19. For seven days, leavening shall not be found in your houses, for whoever eats leavening that soul shall be cut off from the community of Israel, both among the strangers and the native born of the land.
20. You shall not eat any leavening; throughout all your dwellings you shall eat unleavened cakes."

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »
Whilst the evil Samaritans can get away with their 'korban', the opposition from the Chillonim, Mizrachi, Moderdox, Haredim, Chabad, Neturei Karta, let alone ALL the Goyim to the sight of grinning Kahanist Jews cutting the throats of 'innocent' sheep would be TOTAL!

The entire world would rise as one to literally kill us to prevent it happening: their aversion to 'cruel, bloodthirsty, blood-sucking, blood draining, racist, murderous Kahanist Nazis' goes that DEEP!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »
Wonga,

Don't you realize that 'that' is one of the points of the Korban Pesach...

When we were in Mitzrayim the Egyptians worshiped the lamb. The Jews were asked to slaughter the gods of the Egyptians right in their faces. I don't have any fear that when the Jews once again resume the Korban Pesach that Hashem will protect us against all our enemies.

http://www.vbm-torah.org/pesach/ma-mitz.htm

The korban Pesach constitutes an act of provocation to Egyptian culture and religious values. If Bnei Yisrael were attempting to find favor in the eyes of Egypt, if they hoped to assimilate into Egyptian culture, they are called to take steps that will undo any such efforts. They are asked to make a clear and public choice, Egypt and its values or the God of Avraham. The korban Pesach calls for taking that which is sacred to the Egyptians and sacrificing it to the God of the Jewish people. "Mishkhu u-kekhu:" miskhu - remove your hands from idolatry, the Egyptian way; ukekhu - take mitzvot on yourselves, worship God.

We can, therefore, conclude that the purpose of Pesach Mitzrayim was to make a statement of identification with Elokei Yisrael. To make this statement properly, Bnei Yisrael needed to break all ties with Egypt and Egyptian values. For this purpose the Torah called for taking a lamb, the symbol of Egyptian Gods, four days before the time of slaughter. The purpose was to make the act public and confrontational with the Egyptians. This idea, and the tensions caused by it are described very well in some of the Midrashim.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »
The opposition from the goyim I could take.

The opposition from the Chillonim I could take.

The opposition from Shlomo Riskin & Nadia Matar & their Efrat Moderdox I could take.

The opposition from Yesha I could take.

The opposition from the Haredim I could take.

But to see all the Lubavitchers tumbling from out of their Chabad Houses storming us....that would hurt!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »
The opposition from the goyim I could take.

The opposition from the Chillonim I could take.

The opposition from Shlomo Riskin & Nadia Matar & their Efrat Moderdox I could take.

The opposition from Yesha I could take.

The opposition from the Haredim I could take.

But to see all the Lubavitchers tumbling from out of their Chabad Houses storming us....that would hurt!

Huh? Why would Chabad storm you? Chabad also awaits the resumption of the Korban Pesach...

Why are you saying this against Chabad?

I have many good Chabad friends who have nothing against my being an open Kahanist...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »
http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/678629/jewish/The-Dynamic-of-Sacrifices.htm

However, ultimately the Torah is telling us to find a sheep, bring it to the Holy Temple in Jerusalem (or its preceding iterations), and offer it upon the altar, where it is consumed by fire. The amazing thing is that not only is this a ritual of the past, but we pray every day numerous times for the redemption, the rebuilding of the Temple and the restoration of the sacrifices!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 08:18:56 PM »

The entire world would rise as one to literally kill us to prevent it happening: their aversion to 'cruel, bloodthirsty, blood-sucking, blood draining, racist, murderous Kahanist Nazis' goes that DEEP!

And while you quake in fear like a little girl in detroit spreading scare tactics, God willing the rest of us will merit in bringing a korban pesah someday

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »
Chabad would not tolerate a resumption of Korbonos originating from anything other than a Lubavitcher, would declare it invalid, an aveiroh, and would get quite physical.

Even though Lubavitchers are the most right wing of the Haredim, they are still far from Mordechai Eliyahu, Chayim and Kahanism.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe stated :"The Torah of Kahane is correct - but it is not for now!"

This is not our policy.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:53:25 PM by wonga66 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
I have never heard of this... Maybe only meshichist Chabad would say that... But none of the Chabad Rabbis I know would support what you are saying.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »
Chabad would not tolerate a resumption of Korbonos originating from anything other than a Lubavitcher, would declare it invalid, an aveiroh, and would get quite physical. 

You are delusional.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
There are going to be heroic rabbis along with heroic Jews who will one day re-institute this extremely important misswah.  There will be those who sit on the sidelines and even those who oppose it along the way and say it shouldn't be done, etc, but in the end, history will pass them by and the misswah will become firmly implanted in the Jewish nation's expression and common practice, and they will have nothing to say after what's done is done, except to apologize, jump on the bandwagon, pretend they were in favor all along, or take it to the grave that it should be undone and write a sefer like a certain Rebbe wrote about the state of Israel, but whoever does it will be impotent to stop the force of this mitzvah and its re-emergence when it finally happens.   It will only grow and grow as a stronger and stronger phenomenon and leave people wondering why did we not return to this sooner?   No one can fight Jewish destiny.  Not the Soviet Union, not the British, not the arabs, not USA, and no bearded rabbi either.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 11:20:40 PM »

Even though Lubavitchers are the most right wing of the Haredim, they are still far from Mordechai Eliyahu, Chayim and Kahanism.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe stated :"The Torah of Kahane is correct - but it is not for now!"

This is not our policy.

Back then according the Rebbe, the Torah of Kahane was "Not now"....but I think today especially, it is...and perhaps if the Rebbe were alive today, he would have declared it so...

Then again...who am I to make a declaration like that?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:22 AM »

Honestly, this quote is a travesty.  I highly doubt the Lubavitcher rebbe said any such thing.  You have a source for it?     

It's an utter disgrace!   Jews don't keep the correct Torah, we keep what feels good and what doesn't make waves?   What rabbi would ever say such a thing?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 12:59:28 AM »
Honestly, this quote is a travesty.  I highly doubt the Lubavitcher rebbe said any such thing.  You have a source for it?      

It's an utter disgrace!   Jews don't keep the correct Torah, we keep what feels good and what doesn't make waves?   What rabbi would ever say such a thing?

I am not going to vouch for his source but I will say that I don't perceive a problem with that saying. I have heard the word 'Torah' used to mean 'teachings' so therefore saying the 'Torah' of Kahane is not for now makes sense, because maybe to the Rabbi {if he said it} he was talking about the teachings of Rabbi Kahane concerning re-settling the Holy Land.

Here is what Chabad says about Rabbi Kahane on their website:

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day.asp?tDate=10/26/2010&show=8&mosadid=475

Born in 1932, Meir Kahane was a controversial American-Israeli rabbi and activist. In 1968, he founded the Jewish Defense League in New York. With the motto of "Never Again," the stated goal of the organization was to protect Jews from anti-Semitism in all its forms. In 1971, he moved his family to Israel, founding the Kach political party, and he was elected to the Knesset in 1984 (the Kach party was later outlawed in Israel). In 1990, after concluding a speech in a Manhattan hotel, Kahane was fatally shot by an Egyptian-born terrorist. While strangely acquitted of the murder, El Sayyid Nosair was later convicted in relation to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 06:50:05 AM »
I heard several top Lubavitch rabbis call R.Kahane "a meshuganner" in the 80s - and worse.

Not because they necessarily disagreed with him - but simply because R.Kahane was not one of them!

In Israel, many of the younger Lubavitchers quietly strongly sympathised with Kach and would have voted for it in 1988 had it not been banned. Instead they were nauseated to have to vote for Agudah on the Rebbe's orders, in order to block Degel and Shas.

The very definition of a Lubavitcher - indeed of any Chassid - is that outside of his Rebbe and his Chassidus - he just isn't interested!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:55:09 AM by wonga66 »