Author Topic: Author David Rubin predicts Jews will abandon Obama in next election  (Read 1455 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I also feel the same way as this author. Obama has shown himself to be exactly what we at JTF have been saying for 4 years... What is evident is that Obama is an anti-Israel, pro-Muslim, loser... If David Rubin is correct in his prediction we will see Jews abandoning the Democrat party in droves. I know that this is possible, as this article points out, Jews abandoned Jimminy Carter in the 80s and voted for Reagan {as I did in 1984}.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1323288

Author, expert says Obama support among Jews will drop
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 4/4/2011 10:00:00 AMBookmark and Share

A U.S.-born Israeli author and Middle East expert says American Jews need to support the nation of Israel -- not abortion and homosexual "marriage."

David Rubin recently returned to the U.S. to try to educate the world through his book The Islamic Tsunami: Israel and America in the Age of Obama. Rubin, who admits to being frustrated with Obama's Middle East policy, says he is attempting to get American Jews to reassess their priorities.

"Israel should be up there on the top of their priority list, as opposed to this misguided pro-abortion view and being against school prayer and in favor of homosexual marriage," says Rubin. "Those are not Jewish issues. In fact, according to Jewish tradition they are contrary to what Jews are supposed to believe."

The author says he is hopeful President Obama's support among American Jews will decrease.

"When American Jews feel that they are being threatened or that Israel's very existence is being threatened by a particular president, [they] do go in the other direction," adds Rubin. "We saw that with Jimmy Carter [and] when we saw much greater Jewish support for Ronald Reagan -- and I think there's a very strong chance that we're going to see that in the next election."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Author David Rubin predicts Jews will abandon Obama in next election
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »

Excellent!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:39:16 PM »
"Israel should be up there on the top of their priority list, as opposed to this misguided pro-abortion view and being against school prayer and in favor of homosexual marriage," says Rubin. "Those are not Jewish issues. In fact, according to Jewish tradition they are contrary to what Jews are supposed to believe."

Like leftist Jews living in America give a damn about Israel. Israel SHOULD be on the top of their list but it never is. And leftist Jews also tend to be pro-abortion and in favor of homosexual marriage as well. Whatever the sane, religious and/or reasonable position is, you can be sure left-wing Jews will be on the opposite.

The DNC is about to get a new Jewish chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schulz. I'm sure she'll keep the juden in line with the democrats.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 07:25:49 PM »
Like leftist Jews living in America give a damn about Israel. Israel SHOULD be on the top of their list but it never is. And leftist Jews also tend to be pro-abortion and in favor of homosexual marriage as well. Whatever the sane, religious and/or reasonable position is, you can be sure left-wing Jews will be on the opposite.

The DNC is about to get a new Jewish chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schulz. I'm sure she'll keep the juden in line with the democrats.

With the exception of weighing much less,   in essence Debbie Wasserman-Schultz is the Florida version of NY Congressman Gary Ackerman!     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:45:04 PM »
One other thought comes to mind regarding Barack Hussein Obama's influence in making sure that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz became Chairperson of the DNC.    This is an attempt to get Jews on the fence on whether to vote for Obama in 2012,  to vote for him.      While any sane Jew or person in general would vote against a candidate that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz supports,    she represents the mindset of a large % of Reform movement Jews.     And even many Conservative branch  (  not politically Conservative )  Jews.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
I don't believe this for a minute.  Most American Jews are completely nuts when it comes to matters of Jewish survival.  They won't abandon Obama.  After all, he's pro-choice and pro-open borders.  That's all these sick, self hating Jews care about.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 08:12:24 PM »
I don't believe this for a minute.  Most American Jews are completely nuts when it comes to matters of Jewish survival.  They won't abandon Obama.  After all, he's pro-choice and pro-open borders.  That's all these sick, self hating Jews care about.

Historically there has been defection against Democrat presidents when they turn their backs on the Jewish state. I will believe this because I have seen several Jews who recently have abandoned the Democrat party... I think things are going to turn around so long as they keep doing damage to Israel...

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0017_0_16521.html

In the 1980 election 40 percent of the Jews who voted chose Reagan, another 40 percent voted for the incumbent President Jimmy Carter, the lowest percentage for a Democrat in the past 80 years, and 20 percent for John Anderson, indicating that the Democratic party could no longer take the Jewish vote for granted. Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn voted overwhelmingly for Reagan, the first time that the Jewish vote split along religious divides within the United States.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:28:48 PM »
I don't believe this for a minute.  Most American Jews are completely nuts when it comes to matters of Jewish survival.  They won't abandon Obama.  After all, he's pro-choice and pro-open borders.  That's all these sick, self hating Jews care about.
Sadly I think your right Lisa... It's not so much The shvartza President but the Democrap party in general that many American Jews simply won't abandon.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 08:31:43 PM »
Sadly I think your right Lisa... It's not so much The shvartza President but the Democrap party in general that many American Jews simply won't abandon.

But you totally ignore the historical precedent... President Carter was a one-term president because of the lack of the Jewish support of the democrats...

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
But you totally ignore the historical precedent... President Carter was a one-term president because of the lack of the Jewish support of the democrats...

If you look at the numbers back then there was no way in the world Carter could have won even if every Jew in the United States voted in his favor... I don't know if you ever lived here in New York muman but the political picture here is just as Lisa describes it... Trying to convince most Jews into not voting the DNC party line is like talking to a brick wall. Our membership here at JTF is the exception not the rule.
Electoral votes    489 to   49
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1980
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:50:49 PM by cjd »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »
Jimmy Carter was a one term president because of his inept handling of the Iranian hostage crisis.  Remember also the gas lines, and how Carter urged Americans to do with less? 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »
If you look at the numbers back then there was no way in the world Carter could have won even if every Jew in the United States voted in his favor... I don't know if you ever lived here in New York muman but the political picture here is just as Lisa describes it... Trying to convince most Jews into not voting the DNC party line is like talking to a brick wall. Our membership here at JTF is the exception not the rule.

But still the issue is that the Jewish vote will be affected by the Democrat parties anti-Israel agenda. I don't know if it will be enough to knock him off his high-horse, but it he should definitely not count on the Jewish vote being as it has been in the past...

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 08:54:47 PM »
But still the issue is that the Jewish vote will be affected by the Democrat parties anti-Israel agenda. I don't know if it will be enough to knock him off his high-horse, but it he should definitely not count on the Jewish vote being as it has been in the past...

This is very true now days because the election numbers tend to be a great deal closer then they were back when... Loosing a state like New York, Florida or California could make all the difference.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 09:04:37 PM »
Jimmy Carter was a one term president because of his inept handling of the Iranian hostage crisis.  Remember also the gas lines, and how Carter urged Americans to do with less? 

The entire time Carter was in office was a train wreck for the United States... I think the worst point of his time in office that comes to mind is when he came on TV during a speech and told the American people they had better get use to shivering in the cold because thats just the way it was going to be... The filthy animal had America right down on its very knees... As far as the gas crisis there was more fuel around then people would think  :::D 

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »
Electoral votes    489 to   49
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1980

cjd,   while I agree with you regarding the end result  (   even if every Jew would have voted for Jimmy Carter  ( G-d Forbid ),   he would have lost to Ronald Reagan in 1980 ),   one of the reasons why Carter probably lost the election is he didn't receive enough campaign contributions from Jews.     

Realistically,   Barack Hussein Obama will win New York state in the 2012 election.    Yet,   it's imperative that all of us try to convince as many people as possible not to vote for Obama.    That would lead to Obama receiving less campaign contributions.     That might make a difference on a national scale,   in the outcome of the election.     

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »

cjd,   while I agree with you regarding the end result  (   even if every Jew would have voted for Jimmy Carter  ( G-d Forbid ),   he would have lost to Ronald Reagan in 1980 ),   one of the reasons why Carter probably lost the election is he didn't receive enough campaign contributions from Jews.     

Realistically,   Barack Hussein Obama will win New York state in the 2012 election.    Yet,   it's imperative that all of us try to convince as many people as possible not to vote for Obama.    That would lead to Obama receiving less campaign contributions.     That might make a difference on a national scale,   in the outcome of the election.     

Carter was a lost cause but you make a good point in your post...Thirty something years ago Jewish votes and influence went a long way in the DNC.. Even today some of the best political organizers and fund raisers are Jewish... The thing is Jewish folks are getting very little return for their investment in candidates like the shvartza President and company... We needed to open peoples eyes to this situation.