Author Topic: SPECIAL NOTICE: Ask JTF will be done early this week because of Passover  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

I have to do Ask JTF early this week because of the Passover holiday. G-d willing, I will do it Saturday night or Sunday morning, so please post your questions by Saturday night. Here is the reason why I have to do the program early this week:

Chag HaPesach (the Passover holiday) is 8 days in the galut (exile). It is 7 days in Eretz Yisrael.

In the galut, the first two days and the last two days are a shabbaton, meaning we observe many of the restrictions that we observe on Shabbat. In Eretz Yisrael, only the first day and the last day of the holiday are a shabbaton.

The intermediate days between the first two days and the last two days are not a shabbaton. These intermediate days are called chol hamoed.

This year the last two days begin on Sunday night and end on Tuesday night in the galut. So from Sunday night to Tuesday night, there is a shabbaton. In Eretz Yisrael, the shabbaton begins on Sunday night and ends on Monday night.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:45:57 PM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
Have a good passover!

I think you say "Chag-sahm-ey-achk"?   ...not sure...
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Have a good passover!

I think you say "Chag-sahm-ey-achk"?   ...not sure...

Chag Kosher v'sameach!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I hope you all have a beautiful Passover holiday