Author Topic: Hey, Android man....  (Read 1802 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Hey, Android man....
« on: April 24, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »
In reference to
http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,53737.0.html

Not only have I found a shell for the android....
I have the android x86 port running virtualised on a linux host.
I'm already reading kindle books and magazines on the virtualised device.
...all from source, except for the kindle.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Hey, Android man....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »
In reference to
http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,53737.0.html

Not only have I found a shell for the android....
I have the android x86 port running virtualised on a linux host.
I'm already reading kindle books and magazines on the virtualised device.
...all from source, except for the kindle.

Great,

Yes, we have been running android OS on our Linux platform for a while. The chip my company develops is embedded in some android equipment...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »
By the way, I recently bought a Motorola Xoom android tablet:

It is a 10" tablet... Has a dual core Tegra processor from nVidia with impressive 1280x1024 resolution.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:02:20 PM »
I dont know if these specs are up to date but I will post it anyway. It compares the Xoom to the iPad...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »
Very nice.
I thought about those,  but I can't put that in my pocket and I can't hold that up next to my face.....
So the next best thing is one of those four inch 4G devices like the HTC.

...what are we the only two geeks here? The Chinaman and the Jew.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 02:02:05 AM »
Well, since we are on the subject, has anyone here tried to hack their Droids?  I have an HTC incredible and am considering 'rooting it' in order to use it as a wireless router.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 06:07:44 AM »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
b, I'm thinking of getting the Sprint version of HTC, the HTC evo or the new 3D version.

so far I've only played with the android x86 implementation...which has only a single root user.
But since the HTC EVO and the HTC Incredible are the same machine, I think, we'll both find out.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline SerbianPatriot89

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
I was always wondering what is the difference between Android Galaxy and I-Phone?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 04:44:21 AM »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »
the xoom is nice but the Asus eeepad transformer is just as good, and comes with a working micro sd slot.  it also only costs 399 for the 16gb wifi version. the xoom is simply too expensive in my opinion.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
the xoom is nice but the Asus eeepad transformer is just as good, and comes with a working micro sd slot.  it also only costs 399 for the 16gb wifi version. the xoom is simply too expensive in my opinion.

I agree with Asus is just as good and lighter on the wallet. I have a mytouch4G I hacked it and I am running gingerbread sense with 3.0

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 11:28:17 PM »
I like my Xoom no matter what you say. And I realize that the prices will come down eventually. But I just got the software update and I don't have anything negative to say about Xoom.

It looks like the Asus is nice also.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 10:02:57 PM »
Just rooted my HTC EVO 4G!!
I used unrevolked.
Took a bunch of minutes. But it was a single download. Plug it in and reboot a bunch of times.
Done.
Now I just open up a terminal, open up a shell and su - and became root.
All my settings retained.
Totally different filesystem from the usual Linux. Still a Linux kernel. But passwd, rc.d, etc are missing.
Now to install sshd.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 11:31:46 PM »
What was the software you used for rooting?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
look for unrevolked.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »
I got my first Android phone today but I can't say which because an enemy of JTF has my nr.
I'm using it right now. The main reason I got it is to be able to manage a facebook page from a full page view. The mobile version is pretty useless; now I can ban
 trolls where ever I am.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 12:18:43 AM »
I got my first Android phone today but I can't say which because an enemy of JTF has my nr.
I'm using it right now. The main reason I got it is to be able to manage a facebook page from a full page view. The mobile version is pretty useless; now I can ban
 trolls where ever I am.

why can't you say which? if he has your number he can call you if he knows what kind of phone you have or not

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 12:33:57 AM »
 trolls where ever I am.

Awesome... I love my androids... The tablet is much more convenient than the laptop... Although the touch-keyboard takes some time to get used to... As we can see from some other posters posting here, sometimes auto-correct substitutes the wrong word.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »
I just removed root.
There wasn't any real reason for rooting in the first place - except for the sake of doing so.
I'm also running android x86 on my linux desktop.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »
why can't you say which? if he has your number he can call you if he knows what kind of phone you have or not

If someone knows your what type of phone you have and he knows your number, they can send messages to other people's phone which look as if they came from your phone. 2 months ago a Dutch tv program did this with members of parlement while they were in parlement, taping their facial features as they read their messages.

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »
Awesome... I love my androids... The tablet is much more convenient than the laptop... Although the touch-keyboard takes some time to get used to... As we can see from some other posters posting here, sometimes auto-correct substitutes the wrong word.

This is the first touchscreen phone I have. I never really liked the idea of touchscreen; I prefer real buttons to press and I really like the looks of a full qwerty keyboard. I considered getting a Nokia E7 or N8. I have had a Nokia N79 for 2 years which, despite some malfunctions was suffice for me, it is just that Nokia Ovi store is full of crap. I downloaded another browser which gave me a full page view on facebook, but the buttons didn't work.
The whole cellphone hype mostly went by me, it is just that I really need to be able to ban trolls on my phone, and the one I have now is very fast and has a working navigator as well.

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »
If someone knows your what type of phone you have and he knows your number, they can send messages to other people's phone which look as if they came from your phone. 2 months ago a Dutch tv program did this with members of parlement while they were in parlement, taping their facial features as they read their messages.

It is in Dutch. It starts at 1:23.

These are the messages that were send:

-Can I borrow your tie tonight?
-There is some lipstick on your cheek.
-You've been on my mind all day long.
-There is no toiletpaper left in the room for the Prime Minister.
-You have dandruff on your shoulders.

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
Initially I didn't get the full page facebook view on my phone, but if you type in this link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php most phones will get you the full view.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 06:24:43 PM »
The video starts with April 1st.  Soho.....its a joke?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774