Author Topic: HELP MAKING EBOOK OF "GENOCIDE IN SATELLITE CROATIA"!  (Read 1276 times)

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
HELP MAKING EBOOK OF "GENOCIDE IN SATELLITE CROATIA"!
« on: April 26, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
Shalom,

I can't write too much right now (have class). But I've decided to scan the entire book "Genocide in satellite Croatia." There are many reasons for why this is NECESSARY. It's not immoral for many reasons, as well. First, it's out of print. Second, the wonderful French Catholic author is long gone (may his name be immortalized).

New copies DO NOT exist. Used copies cost around $80. This book needs to be preserved. Once I finish with this project I'll send any member who would like it the pdf copy.

I have three main reasons for posting about this here:

1. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions about compression software, what DPI I should use when scanning, what features I should select when scanning (e.g. text enhance?). At 400 dpi the flies are very big, but I'm hesitant to go below this.

2. Can anyone help me get this file seeded on torrent trackers? I'm not sure how torrents work but I would like to get this book out there to expose the Nazism of the Croat animals.

3. Just to inform JTFers that I'm doing this so I can give those interested a copy.

I found out about this book from Chaim's videos about the Nazi Croats; boy was he right about the powerful nature of the facts in the books. It's very well documented. The quotes are very powerful (e.g., even evil German nazi generals talking about how they beheaded Croat "Franciscans" because of finding jars or Serb eyes and suchlike horrors and abominations; they wanted the Serbs killed, of course; but some were against the sadism... how "compassionate"--yemach shmum!)

I know some of you great JTFers can bestow onto me some insight regarding this process! I may not be able to respond for a few days but posts are very much appreciated!

Shalom,

--Απόστολος

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:52:50 AM by ProJewGreekChristian »
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: HELP MAKING EBOOK OF "GENOCIDE IN SATELLITE CROATIA"!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
300 dpi should be a good enough quality. Usually along with the scanner there is an OCR software that can add a the text layer to the document so it would make it possible to search in the text and copy/paste. The OCR part should best be done on the raw scan format (.TIF or whatever they call it). Then you can save it as pdf or even better- a djvu file format which would save allot of space.

I don't know any windows scanning software but there are free softwares available for Linux, for example- "gscan2pdf" should allow you to input it with a raw TIF scan, OCR it (you may need to install freely available OCR for linux although they are not professional grade I think), and save/export it as pdf or djvu.

Offline SerbianPatriot89

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
I am interested in a PDF or TXT copy.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:57:28 PM »
300 dpi should be a good enough quality. Usually along with the scanner there is an OCR software that can add a the text layer to the document so it would make it possible to search in the text and copy/paste. The OCR part should best be done on the raw scan format (.TIF or whatever they call it). Then you can save it as pdf or even better- a djvu file format which would save allot of space.

I don't know any windows scanning software but there are free softwares available for Linux, for example- "gscan2pdf" should allow you to input it with a raw TIF scan, OCR it (you may need to install freely available OCR for linux although they are not professional grade I think), and save/export it as pdf or djvu.

The scanning program that came w/ my scanner allows me to scan to PDF. Also, acrobat pro has an option to recognize text using what I think is OCR; I could be wrong but since I'm not by my main computer at my apt I can't check. Would this sound like a good plan to you?

I am interested in a PDF or TXT copy.

With pleasure. It'll be PDF. It'll be a few weeks before I complete it since I'm finishing up school, but I'll remember to message you. I'll also make another thread.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 04:05:42 PM »
I think you should do a test scan of a few pages and see if you get good quality and if the OCR can recognize the text. Does your scanner's program include an OCR too ?

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
I think you should do a test scan of a few pages and see if you get good quality and if the OCR can recognize the text. Does your scanner's program include an OCR too ?

Yeah, I've done a few. So far so good, I'm just making sure I don't mess it up or there;s a better way. I think everything's good because it's recognizing the text when I search and accurate copying and pasting into a word doc the text. And yes, acrobat pro's text recognition thing is called OCR. The scanning software does not do it when making a pdf, however. I think I might be able to scan through acrobat, though... I'll check that out..

Do you know of any good pdf compression software?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:11:10 AM »
Do you know of any good pdf compression software?
I would think Adobe Acrobat Pro had an option to compress the pdf. You can try also converting the pdf (after OCRing it) to djvu. I know of two ways to do this with windows-
Download this program: http://www.trustfm.net/GeneralTools/SoftwarePdfToDjvuGUI.php
Or try using this site online conversion: http://any2djvu.djvuzone.org/

The text layer would be preserved and generally djvu is more efficient format than pdf for scanned images.