Author Topic: Obama pandering to Jews for upcoming election  (Read 1170 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Obama pandering to Jews for upcoming election
« on: May 18, 2011, 06:28:22 PM »
Well, it seems like Obama has swung into election mode once again and now he is saying kind words to the Jewish community even as he continues to pressure Israel to make suicidal concessions to an enemy who swears it will destroy the Jewish state.

This article from A7 hilights some of the pandering Obama is doing to his Jewish voter base:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/144301

President Obama: The Jews Built our Cities, Cured our Sick
Iyar 15, 5771, 19 May 11 01:14
by Arutz Sheva TV

(Israelnationalnews.com) On Tuesday afternoon, President Barack Obama opened the official "Month of Jewish Heritage" at the White House.
President Obama welcomed some of the most influential Jews in the U.S. to the White House, from Members of Congress and Supreme Court Justices to Elie Wiesel, whom he called "a dear friend of mine and an inspiration to the world."

"This month," said Obama, "is a chance for Americans of every faith to appreciate the contributions of the Jewish people throughout our history –- often in the face of unspeakable discrimination and adversity.  For hundreds of years, Jewish Americans have fought heroically in battle and inspired us to pursue peace."

The president acknowledged the many contributions of Jews to the United States. "They’ve built our cities, cured our sick. They’ve paved the way in the sciences and the law, in our politics and in the arts. They remain our leaders, our teachers, our neighbors and our friends."

"Not bad," concluded Obama, "for a band of believers who have been tested from the moment that they came together and professed their faith. The Jewish people have always persevered. And that’s why today is about celebrating the people in this room, the thousands who came before, the generations who will shape the future of our country and the future of the world."

As can be seen in the following video, Obama made sure to thank his guests and mention many of them. The atmosphere, as can be seen, was casual and light.

While this article from Joe Klein explains some of the issues which Obama has seemingly forgotten concerning his Jewish support:

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2011/05/18/president-obama-prepares-another-deceitful-campaign-speech-to-aipac/

President Obama Prepares Another Deceitful Campaign Speech To AIPAC

There is nothing like an election campaign to bring out Barack Obama’s cheerleading for Israel. Knowing that he needs to hold on to his support in the politically important Jewish-American constituency, President Obama is planning to deliver an address this Sunday to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). He is reportedly going to announce plans to visit Israel – his first since taking office. In short, as he gears up for his re-election campaign, Obama is seeking to prove his pro-Israel credentials.

Excuse me for my skepticism, but I have already been burnt once. I was present on June 4, 2008 when Illinois Senator Barack Obama delivered a stirring speech before AIPAC in which he expressed his unwavering support for Israel. The speech came the day after he secured enough delegates to clinch the Democratic presidential nomination.

I rose to my feet and applauded along with many of the other 7000 attendees when candidate Obama declared :

I know that when I visit with AIPAC, I am among friends. Good friends. Friends who share my strong commitment to make sure that the bond between the United States and Israel is unbreakable today, tomorrow and forever… I first became familiar with the story of Israel when I was 11 years old. I learned of the long journey and steady determination of the Jewish people to preserve their identity through faith, family and culture. Year after year, century after century, Jews carried on their traditions, and their dream of a homeland, in the face of impossible odds.

We know that the establishment of Israel was just and necessary, rooted in centuries of struggle and decades of patient work. But 60 years later, we know that we cannot relent, we cannot yield, and as president I will never compromise when it comes to Israel’s security.

Not when there are still voices that deny the Holocaust. Not when there are terrorist groups and political leaders committed to Israel’s destruction. Not when there are maps across the Middle East that don’t even acknowledge Israel’s existence, and government-funded textbooks filled with hatred toward Jews. Not when there are rockets raining down on Sderot, and Israeli children have to take a deep breath and summon uncommon courage every time they board a bus or walk to school.

Just look at what Israel has accomplished in 60 years. From decades of struggle and the terrible wake of the Holocaust, a nation was forged to provide a home for Jews from all corners of the world — from Syria to Ethiopia to the Soviet Union. In the face of constant threats, Israel has triumphed. In the face of constant peril, Israel has prospered. In a state of constant insecurity, Israel has maintained a vibrant and open discourse, and a resilient commitment to the rule of law.

Stirring words, to be sure. I wanted desperately to believe that he meant them. He even went so far as to promise that

Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided

However, I began to suspect that something was awry when he walked back his Jerusalem pledge the very next day. Then he cynically used Israel as a photo-op during a pre-election visit (he hasn’t visited Israel since, while making a point to visit several Muslim countries).

I also looked into his past close associations and found they included extremist Palestinian sympathizers including his close friend from his Chicago days, Rashid Khalidi. Professor Khalidi went on to become the Edward Said Professor of Arab Studies at Columbia University.

I came to distrust Obama’s intentions and opposed his election primarily because I suspected that, once elected, he would revert to form and sell Israel out. That is precisely what has happened.

In his June 2009 Cairo speech to the Muslim world, for example, President Obama characterized those 60 years of Israel’s existence, about which he spoke so glowingly to AIPAC, as 60 years of “dislocation.”

The Obama administration has tried to isolate Israel for what President Obama himself, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and UN Ambassador Susan Rice call Israel’s “illegitimate” settlements. The Obama administration has relentlessly sought to pressure Israel into making more and more concessions for a phony peace while asking virtually nothing of the Palestinians.

The latest outrage is the administration’s equivocation in response to Palestinian Authority President  Mahmoud Abbas’ decision to partner with the terrorist organization Hamas in a ‘unified’ Palestinian government.

Candidate Obama had told AIPAC in 2008 that

We must isolate Hamas unless and until they renounce terrorism, recognize Israel’s right to exist, and abide by past agreements. There is no room at the negotiating table for terrorist organizations.

He was right back then. And things have only gotten worse since.

Yet we hear little in the way of denunciations from President Obama for Hamas’s continuing rocket attacks against Israeli civilians, including its killing of an Israeli student with a rocket aimed at a school bus.

And Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said recently that we will have to wait and see before making a judgment regarding the new Hamas-Fatah unification pact:

…speaking for the United States, we are waiting to see the details. We obviously are aware of the announcement in Cairo yesterday. There are many steps that have yet to be undertaken in order to implement the agreement. And we are going to be carefully assessing what this actually means, because there are a number of different potential meanings to it, both on paper and in practice.

We’ve made it very clear that we cannot support any government that consists of Hamas unless and until Hamas adopts the Quartet principles. And the Quartet principles have been well known to everyone for a number of years. So we’re going to wait and make our assessment

Wait for what? Hamas remains dedicated to the destruction of Israel. Hamas’s prime minister, just last Sunday, showed yet again where Hamas is coming from when he called for the “end of Israel” and  for “bringing to an end the Zionist project in Palestine.” And a prominent Hamas MP and cleric said last week that, in a few years, there will be a “great massacre” of the Jews in Israel “to relieve humanity of their evil.”

President Obama would do well to recall and follow what candidate Obama said three years ago to AIPAC about the need to “isolate” Hamas. But he isn’t.  For example, President Obama had a chance this week to condemn Hamas for its latest incendiary threats after meeting with Jordan’s King Abdullah in the Oval Office on Tuesday. Instead, according to the New York Times, he is reported to be seriously weighing a “peace” proposal that would push Israel to accept the entirely insecure pre-1967 borders as a starting point for negotiations with the Palestinians. We hear nothing about asking the Palestinians (including President Abbas) to give up their bogus claims to “a right of return” for millions of refugee descendants – claims which are designed to achieve Hamas’s goal of eliminating the Jewish state of Israel altogether.

President Obama will try to make all the nice sounding pitches to the pro-Israeli AIPAC audience this Sunday that he thinks they want to hear, in order to secure his Jewish-American political base. Don’t believe him.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: Obama pandering to Jews for upcoming election
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
The sad thing is that many self hating Jews will buy into these lies.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »
He could tap dance and sing Ole Man River, and I still wouldn't vote for Buckwheat!

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 11:44:03 PM »
If that is enough to buy Jewish votes we are cheap whores who sell our votes for very little.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 03:15:09 AM »

Obama has been proven to be an outright liar since his speech before AIPAC on June 4, 2008. I wish I knew how it can be that there are still Jews who are stupid enough to believe him.

Note, however, that there is absolutely no binding commitment in this new speech - unlike the 2008 speech. It's just minimum lip service. Only desperate fools might be favourably impressed by such a speech.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 07:16:26 PM »
He forgot to mention "death to the little satan".
We should point out how he is anti-israel.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 07:31:22 PM »
This Joe Klein sounds like a ditz. 

Many right wing bloggers (including yours truly of course) were exposing Obama's shady, pro-fakestinian connections before the 2008 election.  But the majority of American Jews refused to be swayed by this.  Is Mr. Klein saying he only started to *now* look into Obama's shady connections? 

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 09:33:39 PM »
Sadly, very very sadly, there were millions of Jews who didn't think Hitler was going to be so bad either... they waited too long.  My point is that, for some reason, (many) Jews can't see the writing on the wall.  They want to believe that everything will be okay.  Well, with this President it's NOT okay!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »
I don't think it's *all* about not reading the writing on the wall.  Unfortunately, what's most important to many American Jews is abortion on demand, open borders, and voting Democrat.  They would elect Yasser Arafat as POTUS if he had a "D" next to his name.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »
I don't think it's *all* about not reading the writing on the wall.  Unfortunately, what's most important to many American Jews is abortion on demand, open borders, and voting Democrat.  They would elect Yasser Arafat as POTUS if he had a "D" next to his name.

Well, not all Jews are happy about this... Apparently many wealthy Jewish donors to Obama have turned their back on him and now it appears there may be mass defection from the Democratic party. I hope this is true and my personal experience is that Jews are going to vote anyone but Obama in the upcoming election.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Obama-Jewish-donors-re-election/2011/05/19/id/396982

Disappointed Jewish Donors Abandoning Obama
Thursday, 19 May 2011 01:26 PM
By Charles J. Little

Jewish donors and fundraisers are telling President Barack Obama to find more common cause with Israel or risk losing their financial support for his re-election bid, The Wall Street Journal reports. In the run-up to Obama’s Middle East in a speech today, prominent Jewish Democrats, such as former New York Mayor Ed Koch, and deep-pocketed supporters of Israel worry he’s been unduly hostile toward the United States’ most important regional ally.

One go-to donor, Virginia developer Robert Copeland, said he won’t support Obama in 2012.

“I’m very disappointed with him,” Copeland said of the president. “His administration has failed in Israel. They degraded the Israeli people.”

Complaints include Obama’s failure to visit Israel to date, a perception that he’s gone easier on the Palestinians in the peace process, and a belief that Obama snubbed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by making an early exit from a White House meeting between the two.

The re-election team has launched a repair effort, assigning the 2008 campaign’s finance chief, Penny Pritzker, to talk to prominent Jewish Democrats about their concerns.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Disappointed Jewish Donors Abandoning Obama
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »
I hope Obama's anti-Semitism causes many Jews to take on right-wing causes. In Canada, the Liberal party has seen its once overwhelming Jewish support shift considerably to the Conservatives in the past elections. This has been due to the Liberals taking anti-Israel positions and the Conservatives supporting Israel pretty fiercely by western standards. Hopefully American Jews realize soon that the left is never their friend.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!