Author Topic: We should support Michelle Bachmann  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
We should support Michelle Bachmann
« on: May 19, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »
The more I listen to her, the more I am convinced that Michelle Bachmann has more guts than Mike Huckabee. She won't shrink from challenge. She is smart enough for the job - unlike Sarah Palin, and I think she is tougher than Huckabee. She is a true and sincere believer, she has strong principles and sensitivity. This woman has raised 5 biological children and 23 foster children (!), she has been a tax attorney and a successful entrepreneur. She was the first Republican woman to be elected to the U.S. House from Minnesota. She is also an excellent fundraiser – unlike Huckabee. More than anything else, I believe we can trust her moral sense and her integrity, and that’s what matters most.
I already supported Michelle Bachmann quite a while ago, before JTF officially supported Mike Huckabee. I was then favourably impressed by Huckabee’s statements on Israel and quite convinced by Chaim’s arguments in support of Huckabee, but I never stopped believing in Michelle Bachmann. I wrote to her two letters of encouragement.
She may not have made statements as pro-Israel as Mike Huckabee yet, but it is actions that matter, not words, and I am inclined to think that she would actually stand up for Israel with more determination than Huckabee because I trust her character more than his.
If only she can get the nomination, I think she could defeat Obama. The main problem for her is to overcome the Republican establishment which is full of frauds. She will then face hostile media that will try to ridicule her faith.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:19:08 PM by Yaakov Mendel »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: We should support Michelle Bachmann
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »
Yes and she is very pro Israel as well
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 04:17:32 PM »
Has she officially entered the race ?

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
Yes and she is very pro Israel as well

Indeed, Chaim quoted a large number of very pro-Israel statements from her in his latest Ask JTF. When I said that she hasn't gone as far as Huckabee yet, I was referring to the fact that, unlike Huckabee, she hasn't said that there is no Palestinian people for example. But I don't think that's very significant because actions matter more than words and nothing ensures that Huckabee would have kept his word. There is all the more reason to suspect that he may not as he showed weakness in the past on several occasions and also because he made a foolish statement about the poor Palestinians who were victims which sounded quite inconsistent with the statement that there is no Palestinian people. Finally, let us keep in mind that he did not make the bold statements that impressed us favourably in front of large audiences, which further diminishes their significance : would he have said the same thing in a prime time debate on TV against Obama ? We'll never know because Huckabee has shrunk from challenge, something that Michelle Bachmann won't do because SHE is not a loser.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »

Michele Bachmann's two latest Facebook updates today :

"I think this best sums up President Obama's policies: Blame Israel first"

"President Obama is not only wrong he is dangerous to Israeli and Middle East peace policies. I vehemently disagree with the President on Israel. To make this announcement the day before Netanyahu’s visit to the USA is an in your face insult to Israel. I call on the President to reverse course and stand with Israel"

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
Has she officially entered the race ?

"Rep. Michele Bachmann hasn't declared yet whether she's in it to win it, but the Minnesota Republican may be moving up her June deadline for announcing a presidential campaign decision, she said Tuesday."

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »
Michele Bachmann's two latest Facebook updates today :
"President Obama is not only wrong he is dangerous to Israeli and Middle East peace policies

You call that pro-Israel?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »

Ron, its not up to her to be pro Israel. It's up to the Jewish people.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »
Ron, its not up to her to be pro Israel. It's up to the Jewish people.

Exactly.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 07:35:18 PM »
Ron, how is her statement *not* pro-Israel?  Is it because she referred to "peace" in the Middle East?  She also said she calls on Obama to reverse his position and stand with Israel.  How is that bad?

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 11:54:59 PM »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 03:04:43 AM »

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/polinaut/archive/2011/05/bachmann_piles.shtml

Bachmann piles on GOP criticism of Obama's Mideast speech
Posted at 6:04 PM on May 19, 2011 by Brett Neely (1 Comments)
Filed under: 2012, Michele Bachmann, U.S. House

GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann joined the chorus of Republican voices criticizing today's speech on the Middle East by President Obama.

Although most of the speech dealt with the popular uprisings across the Arab world, Obama also urged for a permanent peace agreement between Israelis and Palestinians based on Israel's 1967 borders.

Bachmann, who plans to announce whether she'll run for President soon, described Obama's policy as a "betrayal" of a close ally and an "insult" to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who will be meeting Obama tomorrow at the White House.

"[T]he policy of land-for-peace has meant that Israel has continually had to give away increasing amounts of its land and decrease its size," said Bachmann in a statement. "In exchange, it has still not known security."

This isn't first time Bachmann has offered unconditional support for Israel. At a speech last year in Los Angeles, she was quoted as saying, "if the United States fails to stand with Israel, that is the end of the United States."

The following sentence in the above article helps demonstrate that Michele Bachmann realizes that 'Peace' for Israeli Land is a flawed strategy:

"[T]he policy of land-for-peace has meant that Israel has continually had to give away increasing amounts of its land and decrease its size," said Bachmann in a statement. "In exchange, it has still not known security."
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 03:06:17 AM »

Ron, you cannot expect Michele Bachmann to talk like Meir Kahane or Chaim Ben Pesach. She's not Jewish and she plans on running for presidency in America, which is not a Jewish country. You have to understand the differences.
What I mean is that : 1) We must do everything we can to prevent Obama from being re-elected; 2) Among all potential Republican candidates, I believe she is the best. She is very friendly toward Israel and she sincerely means it because she is a faithful woman with principles. She is infinitely better than Obama on Israel. She also seems much better than almost every Israeli politician when it comes to defending Israel. And on a host of other issues that matter a lot for America and for the world, she also seems very good. There is always a possibility that we will be disappointed, I remain careful, but so far she really seems to me to be the best. Chaim is supportive of her as you probably know.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 06:41:42 AM »

By the way, you can sign Michelle Bachmann's petition "Tell Obama : you've betrayed Israel" at : http://www.michelebachmann.com/israel/fb/

I know the text of the petition is not exactly a Kahanist message, but it's still very supportive of Israel by usual standards and every effort to undermine Obama is worthy.