Author Topic: Israeli Military Court: methods of Death Penalty execution  (Read 3689 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Although the Leftist IDF judicial filth will never actually execute any terrorist, despite demands http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/144369 after the Fogel throat-cutting slaughter, in theory how would an Israeli military execution be carried out: by hanging, firing squad or lethal injection?

Under Torah Law, how are gentile murderers of Jews in Eretz Yisroel Halachically meant to be executed?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:09:52 AM by wonga66 »

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Re: Israeli Military Court: methods of Death Penalty execution
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
It seems that decapitation is the sole Halachic Beth Din method for executing non-Jews in Eretz Yisrael, and in principal applies to violators of any of the 7 Noahide Laws, whether the non-Jew is a mass murderer, or if he stole 1 pruta.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
Death by strangling?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 03:01:01 PM »
I cannot tell what form of death penalty is dealt in this case, but there is discussion of the topic of death penalty for non-Jews in tractate Sanhedrin 57:

http://www.dafyomi.co.il/memdb/revdaf.php?tid=24&id=057.htm
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 03:04:11 PM »
KWRBT,

I believe you are nearly correct... According to what I just found:

http://www.shemayisrael.com/parsha/chrysler/archives/noach66.htm

Killing a Fetus

A Yisrael, who, under normal circumstances, is not permitted to abort a baby (unless it threatens its mother's life), is nevertheless not sentenced to death unless he kills a baby that has already been born and that is not a Nefel (i.e. sufficeintly healthy to survive thirty days).

The Gemara in Sanhedrin however, learns from the Pasuk "Shofech dam ho'odom bo'odom" (someone who spills the blood of a person inside a person "domo yishofech"), that a gentile who kills an unborn fetus receives the death-sentence.

Interestingly, the Tana Kama of the B'raisa (who disagrees with Rebbi Yishmael, the author of the current opinion), attaches the word 'bo'odom' to the subsequent phrase "bo'odom domo yishofech", from which he learns that the regular death-penalty of a gentile is strangulation (where the blood remains inside the body). But, as we mentioned earlier, we rule like R. Yishmael in this regard, and he is killed by the sword.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 04:11:55 PM »

I am not a Torah expert, but I do suspect that it is just not true to claim that the penalty for violating any of the Noahide Laws is capital punishment by decapitation. I have read Sanhedrin 57a and, although I admit it is difficult to understand, I can't see how such a claim can be inferred from this passage.
Some quote Maimonides, Mishneh Torah, Judges, the Laws of Kings 9:14 : can anyone confirm ?
The idea that any robbery should be punished by death - and more specifically by decapitation, looks crazy to me. We all know that there are a lot of antisemitic lies and distortions about the Talmud and I am very inclined to think that this is one of them.
Please excuse my lack of knowledge if I'm wrong.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »
I am not a Torah expert, but I do suspect that it is just not true to claim that the penalty for violating any of the Noahide Laws is capital punishment by decapitation. I have read Sanhedrin 57a and, although I admit it is difficult to understand, I can't see how such a claim can be inferred from this passage.
Some quote Maimonides, Mishneh Torah, Judges, the Laws of Kings 9:14 : can anyone confirm ?
The idea that any robbery should be punished by death - and more specifically by decapitation, looks crazy to me. We all know that there are a lot of antisemitic lies and distortions about the Talmud and I am very inclined to think that this is one of them.
Please excuse my lack of knowledge if I'm wrong.

This can indeed be a tender topic. I don't think we are prepared to attempt to understand this, at least here in the forum...

Maybe some questions are answered in the Daf on Sanhedrin 57:
http://www.shemayisrael.com/dafyomi2/sanhedrin/reviewq/sn-rq-057.htm

Regarding the method of death... The only mention of Decapition in Sanhedrin 57b is:

http://halakhah.com/sanhedrin/sanhedrin_57.html
But if their offence was against a fully married woman, are they judged according to their law? Surely it has been taught: 'If a heathen committed adultery with a [Jewish] betrothed maiden, he is stoned; with a fully married woman, he is strangled.' Now if we judged them according to the law pertaining to them, should he not be decapitated? — R. Nahman b. Isaac answered: By a 'married woman' this Baraitha means one whose huppah ceremony20  has been performed, but without the marriage being consummated. Since by their law her violation is not a capital offence, they are judged by ours. For R. Hanina taught: They recognise the inviolability of a woman whose union has been consummated, but not if she merely entered the huppah without the union having been consummated. It has been taught in agreement with R. Johanan: All prohibited [sexual] relationships for which a Jewish Beth din imposes capital punishment are forbidden to heathens, but those for which a Jewish Beth din does not impose death are permitted to heathens; this is R. Meir's view
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 05:01:46 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 04:59:11 PM »
Let me honestly say that everything I post is only according to my understanding and it obviously is not the law... These passages must be interpreted by a competent halachic authority, and I don't think anyone here rises to that level.

But according to the original question. No doubt the death penalty should be carried out for the Fogel murderers.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »
R.Kahane would have had terrorists tried and executed the next day by firing squad!

All this drivel that execution isn't a deterrent: you watch how even shahidiq terrorism would drop away if the death penalty was carried out immediately!

The biggest opponent of the death penalty for terrorism would be the Israeli IDF JAG himself: the beyarmulked Avichai Mandelblit!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avichai_Mandelblit

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
R.Kahane would have had terrorists tried and executed the next day by firing squad!

All this drivel that execution isn't a deterrent: you watch how even shahidiq terrorism would drop away if the death penalty was carried out immediately!

The biggest opponent of the death penalty for terrorism would be the Israeli IDF JAG himself: the beyarmulked Avichai Mandelblit!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avichai_Mandelblit

The recidivism rate for executed terroriists is quite low.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 11:48:15 AM »
It seems that the majority of Israelis are literally prepared to give their lives to thwart Lieberman's agenda of executing terrorist killers!

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4805653,00.html

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 06:08:15 PM »
Do they really think that Islamic terrorists would not execute any Jewish or Christian captive in horrible ways?

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 07:13:50 PM »
This awful fellow Biton wants to execute our boys too, as does Bennett!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/212645

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 04:23:12 AM »
This awful fellow Biton wants to execute our boys too, as does Bennett!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/212645

You leave europe n South America to find a place to flee persecution to finally coming here to find persecution exerted in Israel by the military regime in place.

Offline Dan193

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 06:49:16 AM »
Great post about this.

It is about time that these EVIL MUSLIM TERRORIST MONSTERS should be put to death ASAP!! Burning them should even be more appropriate but Israel is going to do that much more nicely than I would!!

The sooner it is implemented, the better!! That is the end of the vacations with gym, videos, TVs and so on paid by the very Israelis' families who have seen their loved ones murdered by these EVIL MUSLIM TERRORIST MONSTERS!!

This law should NOT apply to Israeli Jews.