Author Topic: A New Pro-Israel Social Network  (Read 925 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
A New Pro-Israel Social Network
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »
Someone forwarded me an email from Pierre Rehov, a journalist who makes documentaries combatting fakestinian propaganda against Israel.  Here's some background information on the man:

http://www.pierrerehov.com/about.htm

Anyway, his latest project is an alternative to Facebook called Forbidden Territories.  The address is www.forbiddenterritories.com.  He says it includes a social network, a free blog, and RSS feeds.  So let's all sign up.  It could be a good addition to YouTube, Flix and Facebook. 

Here's what Pierre wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To:
Subject: Forbidden Territories
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 05:17:06 -0700

Dear Friends,
Many of us got frustrated with Facebook way of being " fair and balanced ". It took Muslims only a few days to announce and almost lounch another intifada (virtual this time) and it took a lot of pressures, from all of us, to have facebook ban their " intifada page ".Most of you have had amazing initiatives, and have created wonderful systems of informations : sites, blogs, newsletters, local networks, organizations etc... Only one little thing was missing : they didn't have the purpose to becoming VIRAL." Viral " is what made FB, Youtube and other spontaneous networks so powerful. You ask your friends to join, who ask their friends to join, who ask... etc... Soon, it becomes out of control. That is the reason why I created, www.ForbiddenTerritories.com  and asked you to join :  Forbidden Territories is a social network, a free blog, fed with RSS feeds, videos and more as it will come. 10 of you signing up and inviting 10 who invite 10 is already 1000 in less than a day ! Muslims consider Judea Samaria as " Occupied Territories ". Regarding the law, and according to Israel, they are "Disputed Territories". But for most media, who are supposed to report honestly, and actually risk they life would they do their job properly, they are "Forbidden Territories".So, please, help my little initiative. Let it be viral. I did it for Israel, the West, Freedom, Democracy, our way of life, our ethics. You will be able to upload your opinion, advertise for your own blogs, make it know.
Welcome to : www.ForbiddenTerritories.com
May you be one million within a year !
Warm regards,
Pierre Rehov

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: A New Pro-Israel Social Network
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:21:20 PM »

Sounds like an excellent initiative to me.
I watched one of his documentaries a few years ago, it was very good at exposing the lies of the Arab propaganda.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 03:17:12 PM »
I joined to check it out.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 03:29:07 PM »

I joined too. We'll see. They have a forum. It could be an opportunity to publicize JTF if this initiative attracts a lot of people.

Offline Orde

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 09:43:26 AM »
Rehov's work is so strong, so unique, so hard to argue against.  Much respect for him.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
I joined also.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »
me too
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Thanks for the invite Lisa.