Author Topic: Lately several Israeli politicians have added me as a facebook friend  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I wonder why.  Any thoughts? 

Usually people add the politicians, not the other way around.   For instance, in the past I have added Moshe Feiglin, Michael Ben Ari, a few others.    I did this to generate interest in my posts about JTF.   

Suddenly a  Kadima politician (one who is lovingly embracing Shimon Perez in her facebook photo), and a "Michael Kleiner" - not sure if he's still in politics - have added me in the past few days. 

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer

Kadima ? What an honour, I envy you  :laugh: Make sure you don't get Tzipora Schpitzer's picture on your wall  :::D

Seriously, the number of your "friends" is a measure of how popular and "connected" you are on Facebook. So I guess this idiot automatically adds you as a friend without even checking if your opinions are the least bit consistent with Kadima.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Kadima ? What an honour, I envy you  :laugh: Make sure you don't get Tzipora Schpitzer's picture on your wall  :::D

Seriously, the number of your "friends" is a measure of how popular and "connected" you are on Facebook. So I guess this idiot automatically adds you as a friend without even checking if your opinions are the least bit consistent with Kadima.

My profile picture is a portrait of Rabbi Kahane though, that's why it is interesting to me.

Offline yosii

• Junior JTFer
What's your facebook?

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer

By the way, I have received a request to add me as a friend by Steven Weigang !  :laugh:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
facebook, twitter, whatever...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
By the way, I have received a request to add me as a friend by Steven Weigang !  :laugh:

Me too.  I did not accept.

• Gold Star JTF Member

And that contributed to this discussion how?

• Gold Star JTF Member

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
And that contributed to this discussion how?

Ouch... I am sorry that I didn't contribute to the discussion. I will think next time before I post...

BTW, I should say that you should be careful in what you share with these politicians.

See; Pirkei Avot 2:3
3. Be careful with the government, for they befriend a person only for their own needs. They appear to be friends when it is beneficial to them, but they do not stand by a person at the time of his distress.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:55:27 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Lately several Israeli politicians have added me as a facebook friend
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 05:56:58 PM »

I deleted pigang a long time ago.  Even though I wish I could still spy on his FB account.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »
I also forgot Pirkie Avot 1:10

10. Shmaayah and Avtalyon received from them. Shmaayah would say: Love work, loath mastery over others, and avoid intimacy with the government.

With that said, maybe there can be something good which will come from it. Let us hope that will be the case.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 06:14:12 PM »
Ouch... I am sorry that I didn't contribute to the discussion. I will think next time before I post...

BTW, I should say that you should be careful in what you share with these politicians.

LOL, trust me I don't think of a kadima politician as a friend.   (Nor likud, or any members of AMALEK - Avoda, Meretz, Likud, Kadima).   I accept them as friends on facebook for my own purposes.

Offline Orde

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 06:17:17 PM »
about facebook adds, I'm rather dismissive
but about twitter, it all depends on what one's into, but for news I take it very seriously...even life-saving seriously

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 06:23:20 PM »
about facebook adds, I'm rather dismissive
but about twitter, it all depends on what one's into, but for news I take it very seriously...even life-saving seriously

Yes, twitter is in the news this week. Ask Weiner...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394588/More-evidence-Weiner-sent-infamous-Tweet-unearthed-TweetDeck--exes-tell-all.html

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 08:25:44 PM »
Yes, twitter is in the news this week. Ask Weiner...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394588/More-evidence-Weiner-sent-infamous-Tweet-unearthed-TweetDeck--exes-tell-all.html

Well, since Anthony Weiner did something evil using a social medium, then it must be that we must cut ourselves off from millions of people and never look at social media again.     But in that case, we should never look at a newspaper, drive in a car, or go pretty much anywhere because of how many people have done evil with those things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 08:46:48 PM »
Well, since Anthony Weiner did something evil using a social medium, then it must be that we must cut ourselves off from millions of people and never look at social media again.     But in that case, we should never look at a newspaper, drive in a car, or go pretty much anywhere because of how many people have done evil with those things.

That is not what I was saying. But it is an interesting example of how twitter can get people in trouble. I have a feeling we may hear more about people saying things on these social media sites.

I only use those which relate directly to my occupation, such as LinkedIn... But I really don't even use it... I have found some old acquaintances through that site.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 08:50:55 PM »
You know, you have to be careful if they are who they say they really are.  They could be spies to child chaim or haymin hamiti responsible for a statement that is made. I would personally remove the leftists from your page.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
I also forgot Pirkie Avot 1:10

With that said, maybe there can be something good which will come from it. Let us hope that will be the case.

WOW

In what fantasy world do you imagine that I would ever be INTIMATE with the Oslo Suicide Traitor nazis?    Like I said, I accepted the requests for my own purposes, not to buddy up to them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 10:20:15 PM »
You know, you have to be careful if they are who they say they really are.  They could be spies to child chaim or haymin hamiti responsible for a statement that is made. I would personally remove the leftists from your page.

What does Chaim have to hide?   

Trust me, it is really the kadima politician.   (I mean, it could be one of her aides, but it's clearly her or someone who has photographs of her daily work that no regular citizen could possibly get no matter how much they stalked her).